inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: im not kidding

Written By: natalie on 07/23/05 at 3:40 pm

someone PLEASE help me!  i cant believe 50 some people read my last post and STILL no one knows the songs im talking about  :\'(.  if you can, PLEASE ask your parents or friends or ANYONE that could possibly know.  i NEED to find those songs.  wish i could put a clip of me singing those songs on here, i know how they go.  maybe if i could do that, it would jog someone's memory.  once again; here they are.

the first song that i need the artist's name to is:  "declaration of my independence from you" and the first line is "i've had enough, of you acting like you own me.  this is my declaration of my......independence from you"

the second song i dont even know the title to.  it goes "you never needed someone like you need me, you know it seems so meant to be.  who could ask for anymore?  than all of our love?  there's no way i'll leave you.  i believe in never too late (too late)  anything worth having, is worth the wait.  we can love by day or night, everything is right, i believe if i can you could, we can love by day or night, there's no way i'll leave you."

im serious people, PLEASE help me out.  ask around.  these songs were sung by chicks, and they came out anywhere's from 89-91.  so ask anyone that u know in their 30's because they'd probably remember, or if you are willing (and i REALLY appreciate this part) search the web for me, because i have 10 trillion times, and i keep coming up empty, but maybe one of you will find something.

i really appreciate your efforts,
natalie

Subject: Re: im not kidding

Written By: mrgazpacho on 07/23/05 at 9:16 pm

HI natalie,

unfortunately we all apparently didn't know these songsl, but we didn't want to get your hopes up by replying with no help... Anyway, keep trying and good luck! ;)

Written By: natalie on 07/24/05 at 1:37 am

HI natalie,

unfortunately we all apparently didn't know these songsl, but we didn't want to get your hopes up by replying with no help... Anyway, keep trying and good luck! ;)

ok chris.  i get it, but im still sad that no one knows them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: MadeInATL1981 on 07/24/05 at 9:02 pm

I did some searching, and the first one is "Declaration Of My Independance" by Carola

the second one I have no earthly idea.

Written By: natalie on 07/25/05 at 2:47 am

hey man,
i REALLY appreciate your effort, but its not the song i'm looking for.  but at least i can say that u were caring enough to search for me, and for that, i owe ya one someday.  any music i can search for for you, PLEASE just say da word, im there.

--nat

Written By: karen on 07/25/05 at 6:02 am

I did some searching, and the first one is "Declaration Of My Independance" by Carola

the second one I have no earthly idea.

This is the only relevant one I can find as well.

link here

http://carolainternational.tripod.com/discography/lyrics/track0607.htm

hey man,
i REALLY appreciate your effort, but its not the song i'm looking for. .

--nat

so what makes you say this isn't the one.  The lyrics are exactly as you wrote them in your first post

Written By: karen on 07/25/05 at 6:04 am

Google searching on any bits from the second lyrics only links back to this page.

Written By: natalie on 07/25/05 at 4:39 pm

hey u were right, that IS the song!  now i wish it were possible to download it!  and i wish to find the other song somehow.  thank you very much for your help, and sorry i doubted u at first, but i had typed carola in the search bar, and got NOTHING like what u said, until u gave me the link, and u are right.

thanks so much,
nat

Written By: MadeInATL1981 on 07/27/05 at 10:53 pm

it's all kewl. anytime

Written By: Donkey fan on 11/23/05 at 12:44 pm

MadeInATL1981 ur avvy rox

Check for new replies or respond here...