inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: WTC featured in 10,000 Maniacs video.

Written By: cnbpjb on 08/21/05 at 9:14 am

I subscribe to Yahoo Launchcast and I have several videos stored in my playlist on there (watched a few this moring including a-ha's "Take On Me", Coldplay's "Yellow", Deee-lite's "Groove Is In The Heart", They Might Be Giants' "Birdhouse In Your Soul" & the following):

I thought it was nice and I wondered if anyone else ever saw this, at that time or later:

In the 10,000 Maniacs video for their 1992 smash hit, "These Are Days", it was filmed in such a way so it looked like then lead singer, Natalie Merchant was singing and dancing on top of one of the spires of the Empire State Building.  (Really cool by the way, although you could tell that Merchant really wasn't on top of that building), but anyway in a few of the shots (obviously put on white screen background so Merchant could made to look like she was actually doing that), there is the World Trade Center Twin Towers (especially prominent is the North Tower  8)).  I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this video and what they thought of the fact that the 10,000 Maniacs included the Twin Towers in a music video (the only other music video that I'm aware of that the Twin Towers also made an appearance was in Madonna's videos:  1985's video for "Into The Groove" and the 1986 video for "Papa Don't Preach")?  Also, does anyone else know of any other music videos that the Twin Towers make an appearance?   

Subject: Re: WTC featured in 10,000 Maniacs video.

Written By: mrgazpacho on 08/21/05 at 9:14 pm

Ryan Adams made a video that was due for release the same week that the WTC was destroyed. He released it after a short delay with a quick "In Memoriam" coda screen.

Check for new replies or respond here...