inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help Identify This 80's Song

Written By: Stranger on 08/22/05 at 4:35 pm

I thought of this song yesterday that I remembered from the 80's. Then I went about my day and FORGOT WHAT SONG IT WAS. I am kicking myself. I don't even remember the song but I can give you the following clues. If you can figure it out, you are a god:

1. Released in the 80's

2. Male black singer (somewhat like Rockwell, Michael Jackson type)

3. The song is kind of melancholy but yet upbeat.

4. Most likely a One-Hit Wonder.

5. If you were to hear it on a compilation CD with similar songs, the following songs would be on the same CD: Rockwell (somebody's watching me), Junior (Mama Used to Say), Automatic (Pointer Sisters), Jacksons (Can You Feel it), Yarbrough & Peoples (don't stop the music).

6. I know I'm crazy for not even knowing ONE LYRIC. The problem is, I remembered and then forgot and now it's like a dream that you can still kind of remember but can't grasp it. It's driving me insane. Competely insane.

If you can, just name any pop songs by black male singers in the 80's that are kind of danceable yet melancholy at the same time.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Subject: Re: Help Identify This 80's Song

Written By: Stranger on 08/22/05 at 7:03 pm

Never Mind guys, it was "A Little Bit of Love" by New Edition :D

Check for new replies or respond here...