inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Metallica - Die, die my darling

Written By: Dallas on 08/23/05 at 10:41 pm

I listened to the Misfits version which this is a cover of and the lyrics are clearly I don't know it was in your powerbut in the Metallica version for that line I am wondering if this is right. I hear Had to know it was in your cards. I have been blasting this part over and over trying to hear the original line but i just keep hearing Had to know it was in your cards. Does anyone else hear this change. Maybe it's just me.

Personally I think this line makes more sense based on the line before it Should have seen the end a-comin' on making both lines about not seeing it coming. I don't know it was in your power just doesn't make much sense to me. This person has no power and even if they did what are they having power over, how well they get themself killed or die.

Anyone have any thoughts on this.

Subject: Re: Metallica - Die, die my darling

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/23/05 at 11:27 pm

The Metallica Version was actually 'Don't know it was in your card' But close enough mate.

This is pretty much the only difference between the two and 'Dead end soul' in the Metallica Version Instead of 'Dead end girl'.

It dosen't make a whole lot of sense, and i'm not sure why James and Lars decided to modify the lyrics. I wouldn't worry too much about it though, it's only a slight difference.  ;D

Written By: Dallas on 08/24/05 at 12:41 am

Thanks! I knew I wasn't crazy. I noticed the 'dead end soul' thing too but it didn't bother has much because it's not like the other instance where I heard the whole damn line differently. I finally found one lyric site that had the correct lyrics so it would be nice if the other ones would update it instead of just cutting and pasting the Misfits.

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/24/05 at 12:43 am

Thanks! I knew I wasn't crazy. I noticed the 'dead end soul' thing too but it didn't bother has much because it's not like the other instance where I heard the whole darn line differently. I finally found one lyric site that had the correct lyrics so it would be nice if the other ones would update it instead of just cutting and pasting the Misfits.

Just listen to the track carefully and you don't need lyric sites. I never trust them, cus as you say, they usually cut and paste from other sites. All it takes is one to get it wrong.

Check for new replies or respond here...