inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Most Misheard Artist

Written By: robino on 08/29/05 at 3:55 pm

I just found this site today, and I love it.  I was wondering, though, which artist or genre is the MOST commonly misheard?  Who gets your vote for the most misheard artist/group of this decade?

Subject: Re: Most Misheard Artist

Written By: Red Ant on 08/29/05 at 4:45 pm

I just found this site today, and I love it. I was wondering, though, which artist or genre is the MOST commonly misheard? Who gets your vote for the most misheard artist/group of this decade?

Here is the full listing from www.amiright.com

http://www.amiright.com/misheard/artist/

My vote goes to Nirvana as the most misheard artist ever even though they are 2nd on the list. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is close to 100% misheard.

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/30/05 at 10:45 am

Off the top of my head, I would nominate Elton John after Nirvana. For the life of me, I have never understood a single thing he sings, other than "Your Song" and the choruses of his hits.

Written By: nally on 08/30/05 at 4:24 pm

I think the Kingsmen is one of the most misunderstood bands.

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/31/05 at 12:14 pm

I think the Kingsmen is one of the most misunderstood bands.

A pretty far-reaching statement, considering it concerns only 1 song.  ;)

Written By: nally on 08/31/05 at 2:21 pm

A pretty far-reaching statement, considering it concerns only 1 song.  ;)

Yeah... "Louie, Louie." ::)

Written By: notice board on 09/02/05 at 5:32 pm

I just found this site today, and I love it.  I was wondering, though, which artist or genre is the MOST commonly misheard?  Who gets your vote for the most misheard artist/group of this decade?

It states here that the most misheard artist on amIright is The Beatles.

Written By: nally on 09/03/05 at 2:14 pm

It states here that the most misheard artist on amIright is The Beatles.

That's probably because they have the most misheard lyric entries submitted (and that includes the potential duplicate entries).

Written By: ILoveElias on 09/05/05 at 10:21 pm

Ok, I must be the strange one here...Before I ever had a computer, I was able to sit down, all by myself, and figure out the lyrics to "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Secondly, I've never had a problem understanding either The Beatles, nor Elton John. Then again, I listen to almost every genre of music conceivable, and now that I think of it, I very nearly understand every one. That includes Amber, Eminem, Dolores O'Riordan, Shirley Manson, Courtney Love, Tom Jones, Maynard James Keenan, Trent Reznor, Morrissey, Aaron Lewis, Eddie Vedder, Cory Taylor, Phil Anselmo, Mick Jagger, Tom Petty, etc, etc, etc. I even have decoded songs in other languages, most notably Shaun Morgan's "Kum Saam Met My", and Elias Soriano's "Orgullo/Rabia/Buscando me!" Ok, done bragging. Lol.
ILoveElias

Written By: YWN on 09/07/05 at 10:16 am

Mozart and Bach kind of mumbled the lyrics, which you could barely hear anyway over the acoustics.  I'll say one of those two.  It's just too close.

Written By: Zoso on 12/03/05 at 6:53 pm

According to amiright.com

Groups With Most Misheard Lyrics Submitted
1. The Beatles 1269 I don't get this. I understand all their lyrics without trouble.
2. Nirvana 1060 Yeah, I get this one. I could never understand what they were saying in "SLTS"
3. Michael Jackson 1049 "The chair is not my son"
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers 855 Yeah, they have a tendecy to mumble too
5. Metallica 845 I can't understand any heavy metal lyrics. It all just sounds like "raaa fudgeen raaa fudgeen raaa fudgeen raaa"
6. Elton John 828 I don't get it. Again, I can understand most of his lyrics.
7. Queen 762 Again, I can understand most of their lyrics.
8. Traditional 697 Does this mean songs like "Happy Birthday". Who the hell mishears the lyrics to "Happy Birthday" :o
9. Madonna 619 What? Her lyrics aren't hard to understand
10. Pearl Jam 560 Yeah spose... some of their lyrics are hard to understand

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/05/05 at 11:30 pm

Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin. I love them, have listened to them since the 1st album came out in 69 and still can't make out some of the words he's singing. But I still listen and i always will!

Check for new replies or respond here...