inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2 questions for the lyrically-eared elite....

Written By: autorecycler on 09/18/05 at 10:25 pm

First question goes to the site master, Charles R. Grosvenor Jr.
You mention on all your misheard lyrics that you have 'original lyrics'.  Where did you get the 'original lyrics' for Breaking Benjamin's 'Blow Me Away'?  Cuz I have a hard time with some of the lyrics for this song that I'm seeing at different sites and I haven't seen any type of official lyrics sheet.  I don't know why I have such a passion for the right lyrics for this particular song....Must be that Breaking Benjamin and Halo are both awesome!   ;D

Second question goes to everyone.
Blow Me Away was written for the Halo 2 Soundtrack. 
Shouldn't the song lyrics reflect the game play and the online experience?
The line in the chorus 'I will stay, unless I may' doesn't sound right or make sense with what the song was written about.  I think it says ' And I will say, you miss....I may', reflecting the previous line and the action gamer's mindset....basically saying (in whole)....try to Blow me away (and I will say), if you miss me, I may blow YOU away.
The same goes with the following lines:
'They fall in line'  should be 'They FORM a line'
'It's time to roll'  should be 'It's time to run'
'Don't want it back (Don't fight me now.)'  should be 'You wanted it bad (Don't make me mad!) (Here I come!) (Die!)
and I think the line 'I am losing sight again' is talking about an internet connection and should be 'I am losing SITE again'. Who hasn't had that happen? lol
Ok, I'm gonna jump off my soapbox.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.  But these sound like the right lyrics to me.  Let me know what you think.

Check for new replies or respond here...