inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help me find the title of this 90's song...

Written By: xytoplazm on 10/01/05 at 7:20 am

Hey everyone.

I heard this song in a "Best of the 90's" on the radio. It's dance (disco-esque?) music, which is filled with beats and partially has these unintelligible lyrics that go something like "Bing bang boogie to the ah-iyah-iyah" (or as my friend heard: Ging gang gooney gooney ah-iyah-iyah) over and over. It's male, sung high-pitched and those are the only lyrics. I've squeezed every 'sounds like' variation of this phrase in Yahoo to no avail.

If this rings a bell, please help.

Thanks!

Subject: Bang bang the boogie?

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/06/05 at 10:43 pm

Hey everyone.

I heard this song in a "Best of the 90's" on the radio. It's dance (disco-esque?) music, which is filled with beats and partially has these unintelligible lyrics that go something like "Bing bang boogie to the ah-iyah-iyah" (or as my friend heard: Ging gang gooney gooney ah-iyah-iyah) over and over. It's male, sung high-pitched and those are the only lyrics. I've squeezed every 'sounds like' variation of this phrase in Yahoo to no avail.

I'm going out on the limb again.

Bang bang the boogie, to the (? ?) the boogie the beat.
To the hip. to the hop, to the (ah-ah?) be-bop,
(to the freestyle rockin', and we never gonna stop)...

Those lyricis came Falco's "Sound of Musik" (1986, plus some remixes).

Problem here is that Falco's singing the lyrics from a hip-hop act whose name escapes me.  One of the big electro grooves of its day.  I'm guessing Grandmaster Flash, Mantronix, Newcleus or (most likely) Man Parrish's "Hip Hop, Be Bop".  Gonna go with a remix or sample from Man Parrish if forced to make a call here.  But give the Falco a spin.

http://www.manparrish.com/mp3/

So... the important question... was I even close? :)

Check for new replies or respond here...