inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: lyrics for a tv commercial....

Written By: gryan44 on 10/08/05 at 12:45 am

Do not know the commercial, neglected to get it.... the lyrics are .... a little bit of something.... in my ....... a little bit of something in my ..... , (keeps repeating this phase).... upbeat tempo, good dance music....believe it is a black male singing it.... kind of jamacian beat.....any help would be greatly appreciated... tx

Subject: Re: lyrics for a tv commercial....

Written By: PETER on 10/08/05 at 4:33 pm

The song was MAMBO#5 they mayhave reworded the lyrics for the commercial to fit the product possibly.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/05 at 4:42 pm

The song was MAMBO#5 they mayhave reworded the lyrics for the commercial to fit the product possibly.
Sung by Lou Bega?

Written By: PETER on 10/08/05 at 4:46 pm

Sometimes if it is reworded for a tv commercial, they may use another singer..If they got Lou Bega to do it,(guess he needed the money?) Lou did the pop song MAMBO#5 ..I found something from the 50's called Mambo #5 done by a band/orchestra,and NOT the one Lou DID..guess they can use the same title for songs over the years like (LOVE ME BABY or similar- then its up to the buyer to know what they got).

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/05 at 4:48 pm

Sometimes if it is reworded for a tv commercial, they may use another singer..If they got Lou Bega to do it,(guess he needed the money?) Lou did the pop song MAMBO#5 ..I found something from the 50's called Mambo #5 done by a band/orchestra,and NOT the one Lou DID..guess they can use the same title for songs over the years like (LOVE ME BABY or similar- then its up to the buyer to know what they got).

The band was Perez 'Prez' Prado & His Orchestra from the fifties.

Written By: PETER on 10/08/05 at 4:54 pm

How soon the music artists forget..naming their songs  with an already taken title..Glad someone knew of it besides me..

Sounds like another thread to start, "different songs-same title"? 

Check for new replies or respond here...