inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Newest Cingular commercial song

Written By: Jinka on 10/16/05 at 10:55 pm

There's a really new Cingular commercial that has the guy and gal in San Francisco and shows him calling her from outside, etc. Kind of like the last one, but the background music is a jazzy/soulful sounding song a woman sings something about "Loving you...."  and there's a twanging sound, then a chorus/background singers sing...I'm sure it's not a new song, but everytime I hear it I have to listen. Sorry no more lyrics, it doesn't play too often yet....
Ideas anyone? Anyone else seen this yet?

Subject: Re: Newest Cingular commercial song

Written By: donnie on 03/27/06 at 8:20 pm

the weight by the band

Written By: goober on 03/29/06 at 1:29 am

I'm loving you more...by Etta James....get real..the weight???? LOL.. ::)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/29/06 at 1:43 am

Yeah, it's definitely Etta James singing "Loving You More".  The first commercial featuring those two had "The Weight" in the background.

Written By: VJ on 05/29/06 at 4:39 am

Ok....how about theeee newest Cingular song (May 2006) that sounds like an African beat and the guy sings, "My heart goes boom boom boom...I've come to take you home..."????  Who sings that????

Written By: Yeehaw Junction on 05/29/06 at 11:10 am

It sounds like Peter Gabriel to me.

Written By: namilliron on 06/04/06 at 11:24 am

Ok....how about theeee newest Cingular song (May 2006) that sounds like an African beat and the guy sings, "My heart goes boom boom boom...I've come to take you home..."????  Who sings that????

That is "Solsbury Hill" by Peter Gabriel, released in 1977.

Written By: NinaJo on 06/13/06 at 6:13 pm

Thank you so much!  I have been trying to figure out what the title of this song is for months!  I just bought it,  thank you thank you thank you!
::)

Written By: Ben Northcutt on 06/21/06 at 3:06 pm

Hi....i was wondering on the newest cingular comercial where all those Razr phones are making all those cool motions.......what is that song that is playing.....the words are "This is a strange city of love" and i was wondering what that song is.Thank you very much......Ben northcutt

Written By: krisjoanna on 07/05/06 at 5:56 pm

It's "City of Love" by Persephone's Bees

Written By: MELLMELL on 09/01/06 at 11:46 pm

a litttttle off but does anyone know the name of the song that plays on the new verizon commercial for the "chocolate" phone?

Subject: new cingular commercial song

Written By: sara on 09/04/06 at 5:08 pm

I was wanting to know the name of the song in their new commercial for the smallest camera phone , the one where they show it sitting next to different things. It sounds upbeat maybe hip hop or rap . Thanks

Subject: Re: new cingular commercial song

Written By: Kat21 on 09/25/06 at 8:35 am

I was wanting to know the name of the song in their new commercial for the smallest camera phone , the one where they show it sitting next to different things. It sounds upbeat maybe hip hop or rap . Thanks

The song was commissioned by Cingular.  It's only 30 seconds long but a longer version will be released in October of this year.  "I Woke Up" by One-T. :-*

Written By: Ashlyn on 10/28/06 at 8:56 pm

what's the song that goes something like "somethings getting started" its in a cingular commercial. its a guy singing. i havent heard it but my moms been asking me and i cant find it

Check for new replies or respond here...