inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Just another plea for help - 80's R&B lyrics

Written By: teakdude on 10/25/05 at 2:29 pm

This looks like the place to get it.

There is a song from the 80's, probably '85 or '86, that was making the rounds on the urban contemporary stations and it contained an intro that is making me crazy because I can't remember the rest of the song or the artist/s. I've looked all over trying to find a clue.

The song began with a very loud, almost wailing female accapella voice singing something like this:
    "I'm not the jury and you're not on the stand..."

It's one of the irressistable hooks that I found myself singing time and again...but never moving past those few lyrics.

I always thought - "Guilty" by Yarborough & Peoples; but I pulled out my old vinyls recently and it was not on the 12" version.

If somebody remembers or has a clue I would be eternally grateful and my mind would be at rest. Please help.
Thank you.

Subject: Re: Just another plea for help - 80's R&B lyrics

Written By: too little too late on 12/06/07 at 7:48 pm

The group is called Starpoint and the song is "What You Been Missing"  It came out in 1985 I think.  There is a link on Youtube if you search the song title

Check for new replies or respond here...