inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lyrics, author for song "Moulin Rouge" not from the movie!

Written By: dafjr on 11/06/05 at 1:37 am

Hello!  New member here.  Desperately searching for the name of the artist and/or the lyrics for a song which must be called "Moulin Rouge" (although I can't be 100% sure). 

I have been uncharacteristically unsuccessful in finding the lyric to a song that I  recalled the other day.  I have searched extensively in newsgroups, on the web and on lyrics sites.

I was sure the song was by Cliff Richard, but I've looked through his songs and can't associate it with him other than it being on the radio at about the same time as I'm Nearly Famous.  I believe the song is entitled Moulin Rouge, since that's repreated in the lyrics, but I'm not 100% sure.

Other fragments of lyrics I recall (some may not be 100% accurate)

She was just a show girl,
She had sparkles in her eyes.

I was just a carriage driver
Whose soul she hypnotized

With the smell of perfume in the air
We fell in love
With the light from the street light burning
Brightly from above
Moulin Rouge

It was years ago - probably 30.  I can hear the music, and some of the lyrics.  The voice sounds like Cliff Richard in my mind, but I could be wrong.  I've searched for many possible combinations of artist, song name and lyrics (from above) with no success!!

Help, please before I go crazy!!  :-\\

Thanks,
Don

Check for new replies or respond here...