inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Childhood memory

Written By: Mike on 12/17/05 at 8:45 pm

One song I remember liking a lot as a youngster was called "I like" and the lyrics were nothing more than someone singing the words "I Like" followed by any gross, inappropriate thing that followed suit. The only one that springs to mind is the "I like - Boogers and snot". Can someone help me out with a title and/or artist?

Subject: Re: Childhood memory

Written By: saver on 12/18/05 at 4:07 pm

Yes,..that song was a take off of Tom T. Hall's song and heard regularly on the Doctor Demento Show..He should have a web site to reach him and can tell you how to find it.. :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/22/05 at 10:37 pm

One song I remember liking a lot as a youngster was called "I like" and the lyrics were nothing more than someone singing the words "I Like" followed by any gross, inappropriate thing that followed suit. The only one that springs to mind is the "I like - Boogers and snot". Can someone help me out with a title and/or artist?

<P>
You'll want to check the Demento Playlist Archive:
<P>
http://php.indiana.edu/~jbmorris/playlists.html
<P>
I'm going to go out on a hunch and guess that it might be "I Like", by Heathen Dan. 
<P>
The only Tom T. Hall track I know was his wonderful "I Like Beer", but we're tallking about the right time period.  70s/80s.  I don't remember the Heathen Dan track - but I'd like to hear it, especially if it's what you  were after.  Fire it up to absmp3.comedy if you ever find it.
<P>
One other possibility - "I get Weird" by John Christensen (aka John Christensen and Hot Food To Go) - which  may not contain the words "I like" or boogers, but it's sure along those lines in terms of the singer being slightly crazy and liking inappropriate things, like "salt some snails and watch them bubble!"

Written By: nozmoking on 01/17/06 at 11:11 am

Hello, the song you are looking for is called  "I Like" and its done by Heathen Dan.... 

It can be found on an album called;  The Rhino Brothers Present... The Worlds Worst Records. (Rhino Records#RNLP809)

The album also includes such classics as, Edith Massey doing Big Girls Dont Cry, Paralyzed by the Lengendary Stardust Cowboy(my personal favorte) and Surfin Tragedy by the Breakers.

Enjoy, NozmoKing

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/24/06 at 9:54 pm

It can be found on an album called;  The Rhino Brothers Present... The Worlds Worst Records. (Rhino Records#RNLP809)

Not that I'd recommend walking into every bar in the States and saying "Hi, I'm Nozmo King!", but if you *were* to do that, you'd eventually (after being beaten up several thousand times) come to a bar where you would never have to pay for beer again.  I've no relation to the original poster, but I've just added something to my buying list.  Thanks!

Written By: NozmoKing on 01/31/06 at 7:18 pm

LOL, youre welcome Foo Bar

NozmoKing

Check for new replies or respond here...