inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 90s Rock Lyrics

Written By: dave_w on 12/24/05 at 2:00 am

I'm going crazy. There's a song that appears in commercials and movies quite a bit. The closest I can get with the lyrics is "up town rubber/shake it out-bound". The outbound part is almost pronounced as two words. It's rock with a little bit of a 90s rap rythm. For the life of me, I can't find anything about it anywhere.

Subject: Re: 90s Rock Lyrics

Written By: Emmy on 05/18/06 at 8:45 am

I'm going crazy. There's a song that appears in commercials and movies quite a bit. The closest I can get with the lyrics is "up town rubber/shake it out-bound". The outbound part is almost pronounced as two words. It's rock with a little bit of a 90s rap rythm. For the life of me, I can't find anything about it anywhere.

That's simple! this song is "rockafella skank" ( i think that's how it's spelled) by fatboy slim....c'mon...you knew that! it's in the movie "she's all that" with a dance number!

Subject: Re: 90s Rock Lyrics

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/19/06 at 9:46 pm

That's simple! this song is "rockafella skank" ( i think that's how it's spelled) by fatboy slim....

If you're right, I'd like the original poster to confirm it and submit it to the various misheard lyrics sites.  That's a great case of mis-hearing lyrics. 

Original poster:  Would the lyrics "Right about now / The funk soul brother" fit what you're hearing?  (Download the song - Fatboy's nice to listeners and even slows down the lyrics by a faaactoorr offfff  severalllllllllllllll hunnnnnnnnnnnnnndredddddddddddZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to make it easier to figure out :)

Check for new replies or respond here...