inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: song help?

Written By: victorvector on 01/08/06 at 12:01 pm

it's probably an 80's song, female singer, dance-type song, can't understand the first word of the chorus (sounds like "cetera") but the rest is "to the beat", repeated a few times, then the last syllable of the "cetera' word is drawn out ("cetera-a-a-a-a"); can't remember the verses.

any help?

Subject: Re: song help?

Written By: FaultyDog on 01/08/06 at 1:53 pm

it's probably an 80's song, female singer, dance-type song, can't understand the first word of the chorus (sounds like "cetera") but the rest is "to the beat", repeated a few times, then the last syllable of the "cetera' word is drawn out ("cetera-a-a-a-a"); can't remember the verses.

any help?

Oh man - this brings back memories! I'm pretty sure that the song you're looking for is called Rock To The Beat by Reese & Santonio, but the way it's sung it does sound like Cetera To The Beat (the actual words are Said Rock To The Beat, repeated endlessly).
And you were right about thinking it was 1980s (1989 as far as I know).

You couldn't remember the verses 'cause there are no verses. ;)

Modified to add:
To make sure try this link to amazon.com. Scroll down the page to the track listing of the album. You can click to listen to a fragment of the song.

Subject: Re: song help?

Written By: victorvector on 01/08/06 at 4:22 pm

that's pretty much it, tho I thought I heard verses; perhaps a diff. mix?  anyway, thanks so much!

Check for new replies or respond here...