inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who sang this song?

Written By: Jester519 on 02/26/06 at 6:09 pm

Does anyone know who sang this song? I heard it on XM Saturday night and have never heard it beofre. It has to be a "One Hit Wonder". It's by a group, although the song is mostly snag by a male with what apperas to be a British or European accent. The tune carries a neat little hip hop beat to it with some mild synthesizers. The onlt lyrics I can remember right now are.....                 

" Complicated, circulating......you & I, you and I. Operating, generating, you & I, you & I.

Can anyone help? Any or all replies are appreciated. Thanks!!

Subject: Re: Who sang this song?

Written By: Jester519 on 02/26/06 at 6:35 pm

Well I answered my own question. I found what I was looking for. I would have never guess that it was Depeche Mode. Thanks for the views!

Written By: FaultyDog on 02/27/06 at 11:54 am

Well I answered my own question. I found what I was looking for. I would have never guess that it was Depeche Mode. Thanks for the views!

That's probably because "New Life" (along with all other songs on their debut album "Speak and Spell") was written by Vince Clarke, who left Depeche Mode shortly afterwards.

And I would have answered your question had I seen it in time.

Written By: NozmoKing on 03/03/06 at 9:47 pm

Just to add to Henks reply. Clarke became half of Erasure. The Album Chorus came out in 91. Im not sure if that was the first or second release by them.

NozmoKing

Written By: whistledog on 03/03/06 at 9:54 pm

Just to add to Henks reply. Clarke became half of Erasure. The Album Chorus came out in 91. Im not sure if that was the first or second release by them.

NozmoKing

"Chorus" was Erasure's 5th album (4th studio album, as 1987's "Two Ring Circus", was a live album with bonus remixes).  If you include the 1989 EP "Crackers International", then "Chorus" was Erasure's 6th release :)

Written By: FaultyDog on 03/04/06 at 1:39 am

NozmoKing

And before he was to form Erasure (w/ Andy Bell) and after he had left Depeche Mode, Vince Clarke was half of Yaz(oo) (w/ Alison Moyet) - just for the record. ;)

Written By: whistledog on 03/04/06 at 1:41 am

And before he was to form Erasure (w/ Andy Bell) and after he had left Depeche Mode, Vince Clarke was half of Yaz(oo) (w/ Alison Moyet) - just for the record. ;)

And don't forget that gap between Yaz(oo) and Erasure.  He was in The Assembly (best known for their hit 'Never Never') with ex-Understones singer Feargal Sharkey

Check for new replies or respond here...