inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help with a song from the late 90's please =)

Written By: ta2d on 03/05/06 at 8:55 pm

For the last two weeks ive been thinking of the name of a song and its been driving me nuts!

Im pretty sure its from the late 90's, and its a sweet love song of a father singing to his daughter

that everythings going to be alright even though he and the mother are getting divorced. The

only lyrics I can remember is "and you say daddy...dont you worry, everythings gonna be alright"

For some reason i thought lullaby was in the title, but every song i googled with lullaby wasnt it

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Subject: Re: Help with a song from the late 90's please =)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/05/06 at 8:58 pm

could this be it?

Lullaby
Shawn Mullins

she grew up with
the children of the stars
in the hollywood hills and the boulevard
her parents threw big parties
everyone was there
they hung out with folks like
dennis hopper, bob seeger, sonny and cher

now, she feels safe
in this bar on fairfax
and from the stage I can tell that
she can't let go and she can't relax
and just before
she hangs her head to cry
I sing to her a lullaby, I sing

everything's gonna be all right
rockabye, rockabye
rockabye, rockabye
rockabye

she still lives with her mom
outside the city
down that street about a half a mile
and all her friends tell her
she's so pretty
but she'd be a whole lot prettier
if she smiled once in a while
`cause even her smile
looks like a frown
she's seen her share of devils
in this angel town

But, everything's gonna be all right
rockabye, rockabye
rockabye, rockabye
rockabye

I told her I ain't so sure
about this place
it's hard to play a gig in this town
and keep a straight face
seems like everyone here's got a plan
it's kind of like nashville with a tan, but,

rockabye, rockabye
rockabye, rockabye

rockabye, rockabye
rockabye, rockabye,rockabye, bye, bye

Written By: ta2d on 03/05/06 at 11:52 pm

unfortunately no =(

It's a much softer and sweeter sounding song than Shawn Mullins Lullaby

More like he's singing directly to his daughter

The tune im hearing with it is either a solo piano, or a solo guitar, but i cant remember which =(

Thanks for the help though! And sorry theres so little info

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/06/06 at 12:14 am

it wouldn't be "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle, would it? ???

Written By: ta2d on 03/06/06 at 3:41 am

unfortunately no

although butterfly kisses was also one of the songs that popped up alot when i did

searches on phrases and song content that i thought it might be related. And it might

have just gotten harder to figure this one out, because I asked a friend and she thinks

it was a song by a hawaiian artist (I'm from Hawaii) but it's not your typical hawaiian themed

or hawaiian sounding song, so im not sure

=( I guess this will forever just itch away at my brain

Written By: ta2d on 03/06/06 at 4:56 am

Found it!

After a extensive search on Hawaiian Music sites I finally found it

It's called Jorin's Lullaby performed by Maestro. Very touching song, If you want to hear it you can go to

http://kalaniosullivan.com/Hawaii/Resources/Hawmusic1.html

scroll to the very bottom of the "click for music" and it's the thirteenth song up, then click play

Also a good place to check out Hawaiian music in general although im not a huge fan.

This is just such a touching song about a father who is divorced and lives away from his daughter

Written By: LouEllen on 05/04/09 at 11:12 am

For the last two weeks ive been thinking of the name of a song and its been driving me nuts!

Im pretty sure its from the late 90's, and its a sweet love song of a father singing to his daughter

that everythings going to be alright even though he and the mother are getting divorced. The

only lyrics I can remember is "and you say daddy...dont you worry, everythings gonna be alright"

For some reason i thought lullaby was in the title, but every song i googled with lullaby wasnt it

8)

I know the guy who wrote it and the story behind the song... he had a dream about his daughter who he hadn't seen in (if I remember right) about a year.  He was never married to the mother, and had longed for the contact with his sweet little girl.  If only more Fathers wanted so desperately to be with their little children as did Cory.  I miss the times we all had in Hawaii, what a wonderful little group we had.

Written By: Sidzone on 05/21/09 at 9:09 am

II think you're referring to "Danny's Song" by Kenny Loggins.  "...and even though we ain't got money, I'm so in love with you honey ...everything's gonna be alright"  Let me know if this is the song.  I pride myself on knowing this kind of trivia...don't know why... 8)

Written By: chan on 06/20/11 at 6:14 am

OMG THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! I BEEN FINDING THIS SONG FOR SOO LONG ALSO!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH AGAIN :D maybe we have the same great taste on lullaby's that our parents would sing or play to us

Check for new replies or respond here...