inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Song name/ Artist

Written By: Jester519 on 03/19/06 at 5:29 pm

I am hoping that somebody can help me here. I have been searching for the artist or name of this song for quite a while. The problem is, I have very little to go on.
I am sure the song is from the late 70's or early 80's. It's by a male group, with one male doing most of the vocals. I don't have any lyrics. I know the tempo is moderate, but has no main instruments that can be heard. The only part of the song that would stick out is the ending of the song. I am not sure what is being sung, but it gets repeated over and over. I suspect that it might be the name of a female.
If anyone is familiar with the song "My Maria" by Brooks & Dunn or the earlier version by B. Stepehenson, then you might be better able to get an idea of this song. Whatever it is that keeps getting repeated at the end is like "My Maaaariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiia" in the My Maria song. At least one word gets held on to for a few seconds, over and over. I know this is very vague, but it is all I have to go on. If anyone can point be in the right direction, I would be very appreciative. Thanks!!  :)

Subject: Re: Song name/ Artist

Written By: jaytee on 03/20/06 at 10:52 pm

Julia - Pavlovs Dog perhaps?

Subject: Re: Song name/ Artist

Written By: Jester519 on 03/31/06 at 7:11 am

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately, it's not Pavlos Dog. This is an American Group/ Band. Still looking for help here. Thanks!!

Check for new replies or respond here...