inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Y'all ready for this? (Cue music).. Anyone know this song?

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/22/06 at 5:18 pm

This song is played in nearly every sports or quasi-sports movie from the 1990s to today. I believe its film credits include:

the Bring It On movies
Any parody of the Bring It On movies
Space Jam
Any film from the Nineties or current that relates to sports or prep rallies in any way, shape, or form.

I know you have heard this song before. It's that one that goes "Y'all Ready For This?!" and then cue music. It's almost entirely instrumental, other than the lyric, "Y'all ready for this?!"

Y'all ready for this?!

Bomp bomp-bomp
Bomp bomp-bomp, bomp-bomp bomp-bomp
Bomp

Y'all Ready for this?!

Surely, you've had prep rallies where they play this dang song, and I can't even find its title or artist by searching on the Internet. But everybody knows the song. Just like everybody knows your name at Cheers. I want to know the name of the song and its artist before I lose my mind!!!  ???  :-\\

Special thanks to anyone who can help. I'll reward you with a karma point if you help me. :)

Subject: Re: Y'all ready for this? (Cue music).. Anyone know this song?

Written By: MadeInATL1981 on 03/22/06 at 5:20 pm

"Get Ready For This" by 2 Unlimited

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/23/06 at 9:12 pm

This song is played in nearly every sports or quasi-sports movie from the 1990s to today.

Y'all ready for this?!

MadeInATL1981 is absolutely right.  2 Unlimited's "Get Ready For This", the title track off the album "Get Ready For This", 1992.

If you like the 2 Unlimited track, you'll also probably enjoy The Movement's "Jump".  Practically the same beat, and also from 1992.  Available in...

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Movement,+The+(3)

...more remixes than I can count.  Y'all some jumpin' mutha*bleep*ers!

Written By: Rayvn7 on 01/17/22 at 6:33 pm

This is called "Jock Jams Megamix," and that information is incredibly easy to find online.

Written By: karen on 01/18/22 at 1:10 am

This is called "Jock Jams Megamix," and that information is incredibly easy to find online.

Jock Jams Megamix samples 2 Unlimited’s Get Ready For This plus about 20 other tracks. I guess some sports stadiums might use it. Others will have their own popular music snippets to play.

Check for new replies or respond here...