inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Recognize these songs?

Written By: coco_pup on 04/20/06 at 8:05 pm

Can someone help me out with the following song lyrics:

1.  This song is really old it's a jazzy song and goes, "He's my baby, I don't mean maybe he's my baby now"
2.  This song is played on the ferrero rochelle ad (raffellos chocolates commercial) and has the words, "Bring on the night, bring on the night" (dance song very repetitious)
3.  This song is an old folky song a very melodic ballad and in the chorus it goes,"Ooooooooo-la, la,la - ooooo, la, la, la" something like that that's all the words I know sorry I think it's sung by a group a male vocalist.

Does anyone recognize the title of these songs and the singers please? 

Subject: Re: Recognize these songs?

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/20/06 at 9:21 pm

"no" to all three.  Only hint I can give you is that the chocolates you're talking about are probably "Fererro Rocher"...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrero_Rocher

...and that they're darn good eatin'.

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/20/06 at 10:15 pm

1. Could it be "Yes Sir, That's My Baby?" That one goes, "Yes sir, that's my baby. No sir, I don't mean maybe. Yes sir, that's my baby now." This is probably wrong as I've only heard this sung by male vocalists, but it might be a possibility worth checking out.

3. Long shot, probably wrong, but Faces had a song called "Ooh La La" that was somewhat folky. Some lyrics:

"I wish that I knew what I know now
When I was younger
I wish that I knew what I know now
When I was stronger"

Sorry, I doubt either of these is your tune, but all that occurred to me in both cases.

Written By: coco_pup on 04/27/06 at 6:03 pm

Thanks guys for your help. Does anyone happen to know the songs I mean for number 2 (Ferrero Rocher ad) and for number 3?

Check for new replies or respond here...