inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Misheard Lyrics from the Beach Boys (I think)

Written By: lulu0209 on 05/03/06 at 8:11 pm

On our Muzak at work there is a song that sounds like it's from the Beach Boys and we're trying to figure out what song and what the real lyrics are ... the chorus sounds like ...

Ordinary ninjas running wild (or-din-ary ninjas run-ning wild)

It's driving us NUTS and I can't find anything close anywhere on the web.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Subject: Re: Misheard Lyrics from the Beach Boys (I think)

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/05/06 at 9:39 pm

Can you give us a few of the lyrics you're more sure about?  Failing that, was the song about girls, cars, or surfing?  (OK, everything the Beach Boys did was about all three, but there was usually an emphasis on one of the three :)

The Beach Boys did enough "wrong" things to make the lyrics fit, and there was enough 50s/60s slang, that they're very easy to mishear.  You don't wanna _know_ how bad I got a few of the lyrics about place names when I was growing up, several thousand miles away from California surf country :)

Written By: lulu0209 on 05/06/06 at 9:39 pm

Not off the top of my head, but next time it's on the Muzak I'll make an effort to write down some more of the song and get back to you.  The way the cycle is running at work, it should be back on in a few days.

Written By: lulu0209 on 05/11/06 at 8:05 pm

The song came on today, and personally I like our version better, but it sounds like the actual words may be ... your imagination's running wild.  Hope you can help!  I've Googled those words and not one Beach Boy hit came up.  Thanks in advance!

Written By: A Room Full of Monkeys on 05/11/06 at 8:40 pm

Betcha it's "Your Imagination," the first track on Brian Wilson's Imagination.

Brian Wilson was Beach Boy Numero Uno.

"Ordinary ninjas running wild" - heh heh.

Written By: lulu0209 on 05/12/06 at 8:51 pm

Thank you!!! I found the lyrics. 

Check for new replies or respond here...