inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: trouble find EVERY song lyric- how?

Written By: saver on 02/05/07 at 2:59 pm

I used to have promo records that weren't so bad after hearing them but not really making it to the air on radio...

Now when I try to find 'who' sang them, the current 'lyric' sites don't include them by name or song protions..UNLESS... Is there a site for the real obscure groups/songs?

One song inparticular has lyrics:'to wake-up, with you, by my side, nothing to hide, I love you.'
'
The song is 'BABY I JUST WANT TO BE WITH YOU'..but the song does not show up in any lyric pages..other BABY songs do but not this one.

I have the record(45rpm)...buried in boxes..but remember the song for it's love theme...not looking to go through the stacks of 45s..

I've kept many in case someone 'BREAKS/BROKE' through as a singer on their own and I would have one of the earlier songs...

Maybe someone sang it or knows who did... sure the group split up but I kept the record....

(I might have others to drop on you too,later.)

Subject: Re: trouble find EVERY song lyric- how?

Written By: Henk on 02/05/07 at 3:53 pm

I couldn't find any lyrics for that particular song either - sorry. :(

But while searching for the lyrics I did come up with a possible band name (Royce) and a record label and number (UK 49026). Maybe this information is of some help to you... :-\\

Written By: Claybricks on 02/05/07 at 4:22 pm

Here's the record...

Royce - Baby I Just Want To Be With You {1978}

http://www1.gemm.com/c/search.pl?field=ARTIST&wild=Royce&Go%21.x=14&Go%21.y=8

Dan

Written By: saver on 02/06/07 at 3:57 pm

Here's the record...

Royce - Baby I Just Want To Be With You {1978}

http://www1.gemm.com/c/search.pl?field=ARTIST&wild=Royce&Go%21.x=14&Go%21.y=8

Yep!
That's the song all right...cute ditty.

Another obscure one(with love as the theme), had the lyrics:'Wonder if I'll ever be like that man?' another lyric...(same song)... 'Kevin took his first step(s) yesterday'

Did Royce turn into anything decent?Is the record worth keeping?

Check for new replies or respond here...