inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Song from the 60s

Written By: coco_pup on 02/05/07 at 5:34 pm

Hi everyone, I'm after a song I heard on the radio the other day it sounded to me like it could be from the sixties it had a 60s sound to it it's sung by a male and it has the words: "God is a guise/God in disguise, God is in disguise and I love her" (chorus) of the song.  Would anyone know the song I mean? I'm not sure if I have the words right but a nice melodious song from what I heard. If anyone can tell me the title of this song and the artist who sings it I'd very much appreciate it.  Perhaps, the words are, "Love is a guise/love in disguise/love is a disguise??

Thank-You all,
Ellie.

Subject: Re: Song from the 60s

Written By: Claybricks on 02/05/07 at 6:14 pm

Could it be?

Judy In Disguise (With Glasses) by John Fred & His Playboy Band

Video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1eaE3L4c8o

Written By: malibumike65 on 02/06/07 at 12:53 am

Yeah, it was an attempt to poke fun at the Beatles tune "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds".

Written By: coco_pup on 02/15/07 at 4:56 pm

Thanks for your help but it wasn't this song, I'm pretty sure it had the words "Disguise" and God in it and I know then in the chorus it had the exact words, "and I love her" it's a slow song - a ballad. 

Does it ring a bell?

Written By: holicman on 02/19/07 at 10:27 pm

What about "Elouise" by Barry Ryan ?

Written By: coco_pup on 02/22/07 at 5:55 pm

Thank you for your help but it's not Eloise I don't recall the song having "Eloise" in it.  It went, God/love is a guise and particularly emphasised on the words "and I love her".

Would this ring a bell to anyone?

Written By: holicman on 02/26/07 at 6:52 am

Could it be "and I love her" by the beatles or Breakaway by the beach boys ?

Written By: coco_pup on 03/08/07 at 4:35 pm

Yes, sounds like the one And I love her by The Beatles.  Thank you for your help :-)

Check for new replies or respond here...