inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fats Domino Piece

Written By: coco_pup on 03/15/07 at 6:51 pm

I remember having a 50s or 60s compilation audio cassette tape and the second song on the tape was called Blueberry Hill by Fats Domino, I think the first song on the tape may've been a Fats Domino song as well however, it's an instrumental song and very bassy, you can really hear the drums banging in this piece of music - really good beat.  I'm not sure if he did any songs without any singing but I know it's from the 50s or 60s this piece of music.  I'd really appreciate anyone's help if you know what song I'm talking about and what it is called and who it's performed by.  Kind of like beach/party music or something not sure. 
It didn't have any words so I can't really explain it unless I sing the tune for you somehow if someone can give me their e-mail maybe this would work and make it easier for you guys to help me with this piece. 

Anyway, thanks.

Ellie  :)

Subject: Re: Fats Domino Piece

Written By: Claybricks on 03/16/07 at 9:22 pm

Surfaris - Wipe Out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGyrOe5Kxn4

Ventures - Wipe Out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkYSDYDc8mE

Dan

Subject: Re: Fats Domino Piece

Written By: coco_pup on 03/29/07 at 7:13 pm

Thanks for your help. It's not either of these though. It's not so much of a beach song it's just very bassy and rocky and a little loud, you can just really hear the drums.
I think it's a Fats Domino song but I'm not sure, and there's no singing it's on the Blueberry Hill album from my memory, I think this song also an instrumental piece is after that song.  (after Blueberry Hill)

I might need to hum it for someone that would make it easier I think.  It has a catchy beat the do,do, do-do, do, do, do-do,(impersonating drums sound) and the song really progresses (gets louder with drums as it goes along) with the bang, bang, bang-a bang kind of sound.

Check for new replies or respond here...