inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Songs from the 90s

Written By: coco_pup on 06/07/07 at 8:05 pm

I'm after a few songs both from the 90s however, I can't remember the name of them or who they're by. I do know that the first song that I'm after came out in 1995 was on a best of 1995 smash hits album it didn't have a lot of lyrics was more of a dance song with a circus sound to it and in the chorus of this song it had words like, "shoop-dee-doo" or was it just shoop? Not sure now but had a good beat.

The second song doesn't have any lyrics in it and I think it was a dance/techno song and came out in 1994 I think it was featured on the Fox FM Top 20 back in '94 it had a funky beat from my memory. I can kind of remember the music video for this song, hope it gives some kind of a clue anyway, in the clip there's a dodgem/bumper car in it it's animated the video and looks futuristic I think I think it had a truck with the pulley thing on it going up like a forklift truckie or a bunch of cars in the clip I'm not sure? Something like this, hope it's helps trigger anyone's memory my description. I'm pretty sure there were these cars and truck possibly bumper cars and it was animated or a cartoon.

I hope someone can help me with these two songs, hopefully my description helped.
Thank you kindly,
Ellie  :)

Subject: Re: Songs from the 90s

Written By: Claybricks on 06/08/07 at 7:36 am

http://www.climacz.com/images/cds/5014469527645.JPG

Tracklist:
1 Perfecto Allstarz Reach Up (Papa's Got A Brand New Pig Bag) (Radio Edit)

2 Rednex Cotton Eye Joe

3 N-Trance Set You Free (Original Radio Edit)

4 M People Sight For Sore Eyes (Radio Mix)

5 Human League, The Tell Me When (7 Edit)

6 PJ & Duncan Our Radio Rocks ('95 Radio Remix)

7 Kylie Minogue Put Yourself In My Place (Radio Mix)

8 Aaliyah Age Ain't Nothing But A Number

9 Strike U Sure Do (Strike 7 Mix)

10 M.C. Sar & The Real McCoy Another Night (Radio Mix)

11 Nicki French Total Eclipse Of The Heart

12 Rednex Old Pop In An Oak

13 Jimmy Nail Crocodile Shoes

14 Scarlet (2) Independent Love Song

15 Kamikazi Here Comes The Hotstepper

16 R. Kelly Bump 'N' Grind (Havok Radio Mix)

17 Clock Axel F (Radio Short Stab)

18 Zig & Zag Them Girls Them Girls (Radio Mix)

19 Soundman & Don Lloydie Greater Love

20 Oasis (2) Whatever

21 Green Day Basket Case (Album Version)

22 Suede New Generation

http://cgi.ebay.com/Various-Smash-Hits-95-Vol-1-Electronic-1995-CD_W0QQitemZ150130472443QQihZ005QQcategoryZ9991QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Various-Artists-Smash-Hits-95-Vol-1-CD-1995_W0QQitemZ300116649006QQihZ020QQcategoryZ58584QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

Dan

Written By: whistledog on 06/08/07 at 10:53 pm

^ Not sure that is the right CD she is reffering to cause I am certain the first song she seeks is "Doop" by Doop

Written By: coco_pup on 06/28/07 at 7:17 pm

Thanks for that Whistle that must be the song, Doop I think it came out in '95 oddly enough Doop was the same name of the artist, you don't find many songs where the title of a song is the same as the singer/artist lol.

Any ideas as to what the second song might be? (From my description).

Thanks,
Ellie.

Check for new replies or respond here...