inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need name of a song with a high-pitched "my" lyric

Written By: Matthulhu on 06/30/07 at 9:56 am

I have a single line from a song from the 90s that I can't remember and it's driving me nuts.

It's NOT Melissa Etheridge's Come to My Window but one line (maybe the first?) of the chorus of the song in question ends with "to my door" or "through my door" with the accent on the "my", which the female lead (soprano) sings at a high pitch

I also vaguely recall this song being part of a soundtrack to a romantic/chick movie from the 90s.

It's also possible I might be misremembering the word "door" for "window" but otherwise it's the same.

The song isn't a racey fast-paced tune, and belongs either in the alternative or soft rock category.

I wish I could offer more info but if I had more to offer I'd have tracked down the lyrics myself. :)

Subject: Re: Need name of a song with a high-pitched "my" lyric

Written By: Matthulhu on 07/03/07 at 6:03 am

I have a single line from a song from the 90s that I can't remember and it's driving me nuts.

It's NOT Melissa Etheridge's Come to My Window but one line (maybe the first?) of the chorus of the song in question ends with "to my door" or "through my door" with the accent on the "my", which the female lead (soprano) sings at a high pitch

I also vaguely recall this song being part of a soundtrack to a romantic/chick movie from the 90s.

It's also possible I might be misremembering the word "door" for "window" but otherwise it's the same.

The song isn't a racey fast-paced tune, and belongs either in the alternative or soft rock category.

I wish I could offer more info but if I had more to offer I'd have tracked down the lyrics myself. :)

If the lead singer isn't Dido, it's someone that sings like her.

And in one part of the song, the singer sings the melody "na, na, na-na-nah, na, na na-na-nah..." and repeats.

Hope this helps...

Written By: Matthulhu on 07/03/07 at 7:14 am

I was right. It was White Flag by Dido.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/03/07 at 7:25 am

I was right. It was White Flag by Dido.
When reading this thread I was checking the lyrics for Dido's Life For Rent, and decided that is not the one. I should had carried on looking for you. I am glad you have found the song and performer you were looking for.

Written By: Matthulhu on 07/04/07 at 2:03 am

Thanks!

Check for new replies or respond here...