inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Song on Target ad

Written By: coco_pup on 11/22/07 at 11:43 pm

Hi,
I heard this cool song on a target ad and was wondering if anyone here would know it. It had the words, "Work your body, work work your body" in them. Anyone here know the title of this song and the artist please? I'd appreciate it so much.

Thanks,
Ellie.

Subject: Re: Song on Target ad

Written By: holicman on 11/23/07 at 8:45 pm

Boom shake the Room by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 11/24/07 at 1:14 am

That song's a classic from the early 90s when Will Smith was getting famous from Fresh Prince Of Bel Air.
I also work at Target. ;D

Written By: coco_pup on 12/18/07 at 6:44 pm

Thanks for your help but it's not that song it's another one.

Written By: holicman on 12/20/07 at 9:59 am

Try "counting the beat" by the swingers.

They are a NZ supergroup claimed as an aussie band.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/20/07 at 10:57 am

OK I found the ad they are talking about.  It's an Australian Target ad, but I still don't know who did the song.  I'd never heard it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkKLbCySU-o

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/20/07 at 11:02 am

OK this was in the comments section of another youtube version of the same commercial, for what it's worth.

the music is from a generic audio library, details are ATM211, Track 1, "Work your body", composed by BANGS C.

Although while I was trying to track it down I did find that Kenta Nagata produced a similar song with the same name for the 1080 Snowboarding game of which a soundtrack does exist, but it isn't quite as good as in this video.

Yeah I have been trying too, I believe the composer came from here: http://www.amcos.com.au but I still cant find anything about there.

Written By: coco_pup on 06/08/08 at 2:20 am

Thank you :) so the song Work your body is it performed by Bangs C? I don't want the composer I want who sings it.

Ellie.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/09/08 at 8:06 pm

Found this in the comments section of yet another of the videos on youtube

The name of the song is Work Ya Body by Clubland.....this is a hell funny commercial :D:P

Check for new replies or respond here...