inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Song from 80s maybe?

Written By: coco_pup on 11/29/07 at 10:35 pm

I'm after this rare one hit wonder it's an obscure song from the 80s maybe someone can tell me the name of it and who sings it?
The video clip was pretty neat I think it was about this doctor really fit and muscular I can't remember the words to it but I think it had something about a doctor in the song really retro a retro classic even. Sorry, I can't be more specific all the words I can recall are something about a "doctor".

If anyone can help me out that be great.

Thanks ya'll

Ellie.

Subject: Re: Song from 80s maybe?

Written By: snozberries on 11/29/07 at 10:37 pm

I'm after this rare one hit wonder it's an obscure song from the 80s maybe someone can tell me the name of it and who sings it?
The video clip was pretty neat I think it was about this doctor really fit and muscular I can't remember the words to it but I think it had something about a doctor in the song really retro a retro classic even. Sorry, I can't be more specific all the words I can recall are something about a "doctor".

If anyone can help me out that be great.

Thanks ya'll

Ellie.

Bad Case of loving you  as in "Doctor Doctor give me the news I gotta bad case of loving you?"  No wait that song was by Eddie Money (I think) so the dr would be a woman.. hmmm gotta think about this.

Written By: whistledog on 11/29/07 at 11:00 pm

Doctor Doctor - Thompson Twins?
The Doctor - The Doobie Brothers?
My Heart Goes Bang (Get Me to the Doctor) - Dead or Alive?

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/30/07 at 1:11 am

(We're all guessing here.  Can you remember the genre?  Guitars/metal?  Keyboard/synth?)

I'm gonna throw "Devo: Doctor Detroit" at the dartboard.  The movie was an 80s Jekyll/Hyde story - a send-up of late 70s culture involving a nerdy doctor who becomes a debauched disco king.  Any luck?

Written By: snozberries on 11/30/07 at 1:12 am

(We're all guessing here.  Can you remember the genre?  Guitars/metal?  Keyboard/synth?)

I'm gonna throw "Devo: Doctor Detroit" at the dartboard.  The movie was an 80s Jekyll/Hyde story - a send-up of late 70s culture involving a nerdy doctor who becomes a debauched disco king.  Any luck?

Men at Work had a really good Jekyll and Hyde song but I don't remember what the video had in it...

Written By: Lindee on 11/30/07 at 9:58 am

I messed up my last post with the quotes. I'd delete if I knew how.

Robert Palmer sang Bad Case Of Loving You, Not Eddie Money

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/30/07 at 12:03 pm

I messed up my last post with the quotes. I'd delete if I knew how.
You click on "Remove message" at the reply you wish to remove.

Written By: Lindee on 11/30/07 at 1:40 pm

You click on "Remove message" at the reply you wish to remove.

Thanks  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/30/07 at 3:36 pm

Thanks  :)
No problem

Written By: holicman on 12/11/07 at 6:49 pm

3 songs I can think of

DR Feelgood by Motley Crue or possible Bad Medicine by Bon Jovi.

THe first one is rare in comparison with the 2nd.

Written By: holicman on 12/11/07 at 6:52 pm

what about "dont call me dude" by Scatterbrain ??

That was released in 1990 and had a psyciatrist during the course of the video.

You should be able to find the video on Youtube.

Check for new replies or respond here...