inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Re: Trying to find THAT song with THAT old sample

Written By: Wyldemere on 12/14/07 at 11:01 pm

I'm new to the forum with a possible 70s band that did a cover of Bill Fury's 'half way to paradise'

I came across several covers of the song but they are sang similiar to the original by billy fury.  The song I remember was sung by a man who had a voice similiar to Mickey Thomas of Starship.  In fact, I was almost sure it was him in the band but haven't found anything that ties him to a band that sang it.  For some reason I keep thinking the band was name referenced a city but then again I thought it was mickey thomas.  

This group came out before CDs because I remember owning it on a LP that I received at Christmas from my parents.  It was either out in the late 70s when I was a teenager or early 80s.  I wouldn't even be surprised if the group only put out one LP .  So far everyone I know has drawn a blank with this one.

Yeah I know I don't have much to go on but its driving me crazy!  I appreciate everyone who loses a brain cell or two trying to remember this one!  

Thank you!

Wyldemere

Check for new replies or respond here...