inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NEED HELP WITH TOUGH LYRICS/TITLE

Written By: bwanna12 on 02/28/08 at 12:51 am

I'm new to this forum so please excuse the ignorance of my question. but here goes:

I was in high school during the 80s and i had several compolition cassettes. one song that escapes me was on a "Rock" Or "Metal" cassette. it was a rock song that started with heavy electric guitar then the sound of someone "Hacking" (like just before you spit). then more guitar then the sound of someone actually spitting. I'm not sure if  it was a popular song, but i never heard it on the radio. I'm looking for it because my wife doesn't believe it actually believe it exists. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Bwanna

Subject: Re: NEED HELP WITH TOUGH LYRICS/TITLE

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/28/08 at 1:39 am

Sinergy - Spit on your Grave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8dlQtOq0Ug

Written By: agrimorfee on 02/28/08 at 5:01 pm

I'm new to this forum so please excuse the ignorance of my question. but here goes:

I was in high school during the 80s and i had several compolition cassettes. one song that escapes me was on a "Rock" Or "Metal" cassette. it was a rock song that started with heavy electric guitar then the sound of someone "Hacking" (like just before you spit). then more guitar then the sound of someone actually spitting. I'm not sure if  it was a popular song, but i never heard it on the radio. I'm looking for it because my wife doesn't believe it actually believe it exists. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Bwanna

The only song I know of that comes close to that is "Lady Sniff" by Butthole Surfers...but I doubt you would have found that tune on a run of the mill metal compilation.  :D

Written By: bwanna12 on 02/29/08 at 1:24 pm

Sinergy - Spit on your Grave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8dlQtOq0Ug

This is exactly what i described, but it isnt the song im looking for. the sond starts with a 3-4 second guitat riff, stops; then immediatly you hear the hack sound(almost identical to the sound on your track. then another 3-4 second riff, followed immediatly by the "spit sound"

Im amazed that someone knew this though. its not really my kinda music(im a Def Leppard fan), but thanks for the help

Check for new replies or respond here...