inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Newbie asks for some help

Written By: jano_aguayo on 03/11/08 at 7:38 pm

Hi everyone:

First of all, my apologies if I am posting in the wrong place. There are two songs whose music videos are in my head since I was a kid. I guess I could hum them for you I don't see how that could help  ;)
This is what I remember from the videos:

1) Video one: a guy is going back to his(?) (home)town in a bus/train. He has the picture of a girl with him. He gets to the town and is robbed. At the end of of the song it starts raining and he sees the girl, and I guess they hug. Any ideas? I don't think the song is ballad but some kind of soft pop.

2) Video two: there is this guy who is escaping from prison(?); he is being tracked by a bunch of guards with dogs. I kind of remember that he was wounded. On his way he is helped by a group of small children and hides in a barn(?). He then is found by the guards and taken away. It is not Kenny Logins' "Heaven Helps the man".

I will appreciate your input guys.
Thanks in advance!!!

Subject: Re: Newbie asks for some help

Written By: Red Ant on 03/11/08 at 9:24 pm

Hi everyone:

First of all, my apologies if I am posting in the wrong place. There are two songs whose music videos are in my head since I was a kid. I guess I could hum them for you I don't see how that could help  ;)
This is what I remember from the videos:

1) Video one: a guy is going back to his(?) (home)town in a bus/train. He has the picture of a girl with him. He gets to the town and is robbed. At the end of of the song it starts raining and he sees the girl, and I guess they hug. Any ideas? I don't think the song is ballad but some kind of soft pop.

2) Video two: there is this guy who is escaping from prison(?); he is being tracked by a bunch of guards with dogs. I kind of remember that he was wounded. On his way he is helped by a group of small children and hides in a barn(?). He then is found by the guards and taken away. It is not Kenny Logins' "Heaven Helps the man".

I will appreciate your input guys.
Thanks in advance!!!

The first sounds like something John "Cougar" Melloncamp might make. No idea on the second.

Do you have any lyrics at all to either of these songs, the decade (or year(s)) the videos came out, whether the singer was male/female, was it by a group or solo artist, and what genre of music was it?

You posted this question in the right place.  I hope someone here can get some answers for you.

Ant

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/12/08 at 7:29 am

Here ya go!
Supertramp, "It's Raining Again"  (damn, but I love Youtube)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EBCsHapPFk

Written By: jano_aguayo on 03/13/08 at 1:18 pm

Thank you so much for your help guys, that was very nice of you!!!  ;D
By the way, I found the name of the second I was looking for:
Stranger in Town - Toto (...I kind of remember that the voice sounded like Toto but was not sure)
Here is the video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NelbhjQ98i8
...isn't Youtube the greatest site ever?

Cheers!

Check for new replies or respond here...