inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lyrics help

Written By: coco_pup on 03/21/08 at 12:24 am

Hi guys,
I'm in desperate need of help to find these two songs and would appreciate your help.
The first song I think it's from the 60s and has the words:"La, la, la, la shoo-doop, shoo-doop, la, la, la, la" (again and repeats in the chorus) of this song that's all the words I know.

The second song I think is from the 70s and is sung by a male group and I can remember are these words: "Do-do, do-doo, do-do, do-doo, doo-doo" (in the chorus the second time the do, do, do's bit goes really fast).

Would anyone know the title of these songs and who sings them please?

Thanks very much,

Ellie.

Subject: Re: Lyrics help

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/21/08 at 11:53 pm

OK, this probably isn't it...but could it be "Used to be my girl" by the O'Jays?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Av11ZuSdoo

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/22/08 at 2:54 am

The second song sounds like a Diana Ross hit.

Written By: malibumike65 on 04/19/08 at 11:37 am

I'd almost say you're looking for a Police song for the latter song, but that song's "Doo's" are peppered with a couple of "De's", and a few "Da's". I think I remember the song "Emotional Rescue" by The Rolling Stones having a few "Doo's" too.
The first song is even more of a noodle scratcher. Maybe "Jingle Jangle" by The Archies, but not really sure.

Written By: holicman on 04/23/08 at 8:13 pm

the 2nd song called be walk on the wildside by Lou Reed.

Written By: coco_pup on 06/08/08 at 1:54 am

Thanks 4 your help unfortunately, it's neither of these songs. Anyone else have any clues as to what the songs I'm looking 4 could be?

Ellie.

Written By: holicman on 06/08/08 at 9:52 pm

The 2nd song sounds to me like either a steely dan, possibly the Doobie bros,a 10cc song  or possibly a crosby stills nash and young song.

I cant find the tune im looking for on youtube, but thats where my music psyche is directing me with this, and Im leaning more towards the last artists as being the money song.

I hope this helps.

Check for new replies or respond here...