inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: OFFICIAL Korn lyrics for Got The Life?

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/09/08 at 8:51 pm

anyone know of an official source of lyrics for that song?  He alternates between two things he says in the song,

either god pains me or god paged me and then a few lines later says god told me

I have seen both paged and pain in lyrics sites and as corrections on the misheard lyrics site.

Subject: Re: OFFICIAL Korn lyrics for Got The Life?

Written By: Red Ant on 04/15/08 at 5:45 pm

I couldn't find any official lyrics, and they aren't printed on the inside jacket of the "Follow The Leader" CD either.

I always thought it was "God hates me",  but it and "God begs me" are about equally plausible as "God pains me" or "God paged me". There are a few lyrics sites that list "God breaks me...", but the last part of the line they give is incorrect.

5 choices for "God _ _ _ _ Me"... yeesh.

Gut instinct says "God paged me" is the correct lyric. The video doesn't offer much help...

Ant

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/15/08 at 6:59 pm

I couldn't find any official lyrics, and they aren't printed on the inside jacket of the "Follow The Leader" CD either.

I always thought it was "God hates me",  but it and "God begs me" are about equally plausible as "God pains me" or "God paged me". There are a few lyrics sites that list "God breaks me...", but the last part of the line they give is incorrect.

5 choices for "God _ _ _ _ Me"... yeesh.

Gut instinct says "God paged me" is the correct lyric. The video doesn't offer much help...

I've got it on DVD, maybe I should see if they subtitle it

one of the better looking Korn sites that had the lyrics went with paged as well. 

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 04/22/08 at 2:25 am

Google matches:
539- "God begs me" "Got the life"
517- "God pains me" "Got the life"
428- "God paged me" "Got the life"
368- "God hates me" "Got the life"

I have to say, though, that there is a distinct ch/dj sound made at the end of the first word and that the crappy lyrics sites tend to have typos and other incorrect lyrics associated with those posted under begs, pains or hates. 

Funny, I personally thought it was "God plagues me"... psht. Screamo music...

Check for new replies or respond here...