inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm your dad yeah yeah yeah? (I'm Still Standing by Elton John)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/13/09 at 6:57 pm

I heard this song... I'm not sure if the style was country or 80s rock or what, but I misheard the catchy chorus as:

I'm your dad, yeah yeah yeah
I'm your dad, yeah yeah yeah

The nafter a while, it started souinding more like:

I feel bad, yeah yeah yeah
I feel bad, yeah yeah yeah

I'm not having any luck searching for this song. If anybody can help me, I am thinking of doing a parody of this song. They key is (I think) B flat minor, if that helps. It's got an upbeat rock/pop tempo, but the vocals are like country/80s pop. I'm sure it's not "I Feel Bad" by Rascall Flats. I have tried searching for mad, glad, sad, bad, and rad. I'm about ready to give up.

Sorry, the only lyrics I know for certain are "yeah yeah yeah" and the rest is anybody's guess.  :-\\ But I could have sworn it was any of the aforementioned mondegreens.  A big thank you and Karma points to whoever can help me.  :)

Subject: Re: I feel bad/mad/glad/sad yeah yeah yeah?

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/14/09 at 4:49 pm

Stumped? It's an 80s pop tune.

So far, it is NOT any of these songs:

"I Feel Bad" by Rascall Flats
"I Feel Free" by Cream
"I'm So Glad" by Cream
"I Can't Dance" by Genesis
"(I'm Your) Love Man" by Whitesnake
"I'm Your Man" by Leonard Cohen
"I'm Your Man" by Wham
"I'll Go Back" by Ducky Boys (who???  :P)
"He Loves You (Yeah (yeah Yeah)" by the Beatles

I have tried every possible decypher of gthe lyrics that I could think of, and I keep getting zip, zilch nadda on this song! It's pissing me off that I can't understand soing lyrics half the time, and it hurts when I search for a song by using the misheard lyrics and not getting anywhere with it. I give up. If anybody can find this elusive song, let me know.

1980s pop, a la Hall & Oates, Wham, maybe Genesis, maybe New Wave, maybe 80s one hit wonder? This was played with a lot of 80s music, so I wouldn't doubt this is 80s too.

Written By: Frank on 04/14/09 at 6:14 pm

I feel bad/mad/glad/sad yeah yeah yeah?

This almost sounds like a "Rutles" song "i must be in love" (Lyrics below). But that's probably not it, is it?

I feel good. I feel bad. I feel happy. I feel sad.

Am I in love? (Ah-ah) I must be in love.

I feel rich (ooh, la la-la) I feel poor (ooh, la la-la)

I'm in doubt (ooh, la la-la) I feel sure (ooh, la la-la)

Y Anytime of the day I can see (I can see) her face when I close my eyes (woo).

She's a dream (she's a dream) She is real (she is real)

Can't explain (can't explain) How I feel (how I feel)

repeat Y

Am I dead (ooh, la la-la) or alive? (ooh, la la-la)

Can my poor heart (ooh, la la-la) survive? (ooh, la la-la)

I feel good (I feel good) I feel bad (I feel bad)

I feel happy (I feel happy) I feel sad (I feel sad)

I must be in love (3 times

Written By: Claybricks on 04/14/09 at 10:18 pm

??

Billy Idol - Mony Mony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Jj16x7Ux0

Dan

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/15/09 at 4:14 pm

Nope. Those aren't it either, not even close. Mony Mony has too many consecutive "Yeahs" and Billy's version is in F.

The elusive song is in B-flat minor. It's got to be 1980s. The tempo matches those of "You Make My Dreams Come True" by Hall & Oates, "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina & The Waves, and the DuckTales theme.

It's goes something like this (with "la la la" substituting the lyrics I have FUBAR'd to the point where I'll never figure out the real lyrics) 1-2-3-4 are the beats, try to keep that DuckTales tempo in mind as you sing along.

1 - 2 - La - La
La - 2 - 3 - 4
Yeah - 2- Yeah - 4
Yeah - 2- 3 - 4
1 - 2 - La - La
La - 2 - 3 - 4
Yeah - 2- Yeah - 4
Yeah - 2- 3 - 4...
(etc.)

I know it's gonna be tricky finding this song. I barely found "Do You Think I'm Sexy?" by mixing up the chorus lyrics. Why do song lyrics have to be so unintelligible upon first listen? It's frustrating to look for the song later.  :-\\

Subject: Re: I'm your dad yeah yeah yeah?

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 05/15/13 at 5:47 pm

Hi, your post is really old and you probably found the song now, anyway I have been looking almost for two hours ' cause I can't get this song out of my head, I am quite sure is the same song you were looking for:

I am still standing by Elton John :)

You beat me to the punch... last year! It most certainly is "I'm Still Standing" by Elton John. Who knew?  ::)

ZHwVBirqD2s

Check for new replies or respond here...