inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sayaka Minami - Hatsukoi (Japanese and English Lyrics)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/31/09 at 4:24 pm

Here's the lyrics to quite possibly my favorite power ballad.
Japanese Lyrics: Hatsukoi

machi ga nemuri ni tsuki
akari ga kiete iku no
shizuka na yoru hitomi tojite omoidasu anata no koe

yoake made katatta ano basho
ima wa mou nani mo naku natte iru kedo
mimi o sumaseba nee? hora kikoete kuru yo waraigoe ga

arigatou soba ni ite kurete
mou nankai hagemasareta darou
yuuki moratta no darou kakegae no nai takaramono
kono mune no naka de
itsumademo kagayaku

kyou made ikite kite
hajimete koi o sheesha no
tsunaida te o sotto nigiri kaesheeshe
atatame atte
ashinami o soroete aruita anata no
yasashisa ga ureshikatta
"aisheesheru" sore dake tada sore dake
o todoketakute

arigatou soba ni ite kurete
mou nankai hagemasareta darou
yuuki moratta no darou
watashi dake no takaramono
kono mune no naka de
itsumademo ikiteru

rakugaki ni yume no sete katariatta
rokugatsu no kaze wo oikake hasheeshta
issho ni kanadeta melody wa ima mo
ano koro no mama iroasenu mama

shiawase desuka? kyou mo mata
daisuki na hito to waratte imasu ka?
hitori naite imasen ka? are kara mou dono kurai
toki ga tatta darou wasurenai eien ni

English Translation (Not singable): First Love

The city appears to be sleeping, light is vanishing
On a quiet night I close my eyes and remember
Your voice, that place is where we'd talked until dawn.
Even though all of that is gone now, If I listen closely...
See? I can hear it! A laughing voice...

Thank you for being at my side.
How many times did you cheer me on?
I wonder if I got courage from you.
These irreplaceable treasures forever sparkle within my chest.

Until today, I've been living.
I fell in love for the first time.
I softly released my grip on our joined hands.
Things cooled down. I walked uniformly, and was happy for your kindness
Just "I love you", Just that one thing is all I want to tell you.

Thank you for being at my side.
How many times did you cheer me on?
I wonder if I got courage from you.
I'll forever live with My only treasures in my chest

In a scribbled drawing, we rode on a dream, and talked with each other.
We ran, chasing the June winds.
The color of the melody we played together is still just like back then,
even now it still hasn't faded.

Are you happy?
Are you smiling today, once more, with the one you love?
You aren't crying all alone? I wonder how much time has passed since then.
I won't forget, not ever.

Subject: Re: Sayaka Minami - Hatsukoi (Japanese and English Lyrics)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/31/09 at 4:48 pm

Who sings it?

Written By: Henk on 07/31/09 at 4:53 pm

Who sings it?

Sayaka Minami. Here's a video of her performing the song

Written By: Henk on 07/31/09 at 4:54 pm

Sayaka Minami. Here's a video of her performing the song

Now please don't think I'm an expert on Japanese music...

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/31/09 at 4:55 pm

Now please don't think I'm an expert on Japanese music...
It is all right, I was not going to ask.

Written By: Henk on 07/31/09 at 4:58 pm

It is all right, I was not going to ask.

The only Japanese artists I can think of right now are Kyu Sakamoto and Kitaro. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/31/09 at 5:00 pm

The only Japanese artists I can think of right now are Kyu Sakamoto and Kitaro. ;D
Kyu Sakamoto with Sukiyaki

Written By: Henk on 07/31/09 at 5:31 pm

Kyu Sakamoto with Sukiyaki

Of course the song isn't about sukiyaki at all. It's a love song, and the Japanese title is "Ue O Muite Aruko" (which means something like "I'm walking and looking up").

BTW: Kitaro makes synthesizer music. One of his best known tracks (I think) is Silk Road.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/31/09 at 5:32 pm

Of course the song isn't about sukiyaki at all. It's a love song, and the Japanese title is "Ue O Muite Aruko" (which means something like "I'm walking and looking up").

Looking up, watching out for the pigeons?

Written By: Henk on 07/31/09 at 5:39 pm

Looking up, watching out for the pigeons?

Possibly. ;D

But seriously: I really don't know. This is where my knowledge ends.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/31/09 at 5:40 pm

Possibly. ;D

It is a good song and one that does provoke childhoold memories on hearing for the first time way back when.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/31/09 at 5:42 pm

There was Japanese sung in Kites by Simon Dupree And The Big Sound (1967)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/31/09 at 5:47 pm

It is a good song and one that does provoke childhoold memories on hearing for the first time way back when.

Which were you referring to, Hatsukoi, or Ue O Muite Aruko? Yet to listen to the latter.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/31/09 at 5:48 pm

Which were you referring to, Hatsukoi, or Ue O Muite Aruko? Yet to listen to the latter.
Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/31/09 at 5:57 pm

Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto

Sorry about the mix-up. I'll have to listen to Sukiyaki. You heard Hatsukoi yet?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/01/09 at 3:18 am

Sorry about the mix-up. I'll have to listen to Sukiyaki. You heard Hatsukoi yet?
Not yet but I will be there later.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/01/09 at 9:29 am

Not yet but I will be there later.

Cool. I recommend the studio version over the ZeppTokyo live version. Still, both are astounding.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/18/09 at 3:54 pm

The first song on this thread makes me think of the import anime song albums I own.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/18/09 at 4:21 pm

The first song on this thread makes me think of the import anime song albums I own.

Yeah. If you're an InuYasha fan, it most likely reminds you of it's ending theme "Dearest" by Ayumi Hamasaki. Still, it's a great song that you can wave your lighter to... got any recommendations for similar songs?

Written By: Step-chan on 08/20/09 at 10:42 pm

I only remember the opening where it goes "I want to change the world without losing my passion"....

I have albums of these series:

Urusei Yatsura
Ranma 1/2
Maison Ikkoku
Dragon Ball/Z/GT

I did have one of Mahoromatic as well, but it was stolen.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/21/09 at 11:15 am

I only remember the opening where it goes "I want to change the world without losing my passion"....

I have albums of these series:

Urusei Yatsura
Ranma 1/2
Maison Ikkoku
Dragon Ball/Z/GT

I did have one of Mahoromatic as well, but it was stolen.

If you have a good internet connection, I'd recommend going to Galbadia Hotel, which has thousands of game and anime soundtracks for free download. Best of all, it's legal! (Although the authors of the soundtracks can ask them removed if they want to, that's what happened with all the Final Fantasy songs). You'd probably find Mahoromatic there.

As for your import albums, the only ones I know songs from are Mahoromatic (Mahoro Mambo) and DBZ (Cha-La-Head-Cha-La, We Gotta Power, and Hikari No Tabi).

Written By: Step-chan on 08/21/09 at 12:37 pm

I have to get a reload done(my computer's disc drives won't read right now due to being infected and my windows is a copy, I made the mistake of clicking the update and now it mentions software counterfiting on it)...

I'll need a few good forms of protection before I try it(I do have Spybot). I'm somewhat leary of free download sites.(Alot are loaded with Adware, Spyware, etc.)

Heck, I've been planning on getting some of Kurt Cobain's FM demo(which is in circulation right now) along with some other things but haven't due to the infected system.

Edit: They have game music too? I'd like to get some Dragon Quest tracks.(there are some I can also get off of flyingomelette, but they only have one of Dragon Quest)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/21/09 at 3:55 pm

I have to get a reload done(my computer's disc drives won't read right now due to being infected and my windows is a copy, I made the mistake of clicking the update and now it mentions software counterfiting on it)...

I'll need a few good forms of protection before I try it(I do have Spybot). I'm somewhat leary of free download sites.(Alot are loaded with Adware, Spyware, etc.)

Heck, I've been planning on getting some of Kurt Cobain's FM demo(which is in circulation right now) along with some other things but haven't due to the infected system.

Edit: They have game music too? I'd like to get some Dragon Quest tracks.(there are some I can also get off of flyingomelette, but they only have one of Dragon Quest)

Trust me on this: if you get Super-Anti-Spyware and AVG, you should be well protected, as AVG scans everything you download after the download finished (if you are on FireFox), and S-A-S cleans out all the spyware. And yes, Galbadia has Dragon Quest soundtracks. Glad to see I could help you on this one.

BTW, here's sort of a post blooper:

Trust me on this: if you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

LOLOLOLOLOL!!! That was a quote from the CD-I Mario game Hotel Mario, which was hailed as the worst Mario ever.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/21/09 at 5:08 pm

Well, right now I have Spybot... Which is far better than McAfee.(which someone else put on to get rid of internet hijack that happened on my computer, afterward McAfee became a severe liability, so I removed it after it angered me with too many slow downs on my comp)

I do have AVG on a disc, the one that the guy brought with him, but then he found out that my drives weren't accessing. He somehow accessed his computer put and McAfee in.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/21/09 at 6:59 pm

Well, right now I have Spybot... Which is far better than McAfee.(which someone else put on to get rid of internet hijack that happened on my computer, afterward McAfee became a severe liability, so I removed it after it angered me with too many slow downs on my comp)

I do have AVG on a disc, the one that the guy brought with him, but then he found out that my drives weren't accessing. He somehow accessed his computer put and McAfee in.

When we first got our Windows XP, it had McAfee installed. We later ditched it for AVG.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/23/09 at 8:17 pm

I remember that dude saying Spybot was mediocre(the one that put in McAfee)... But Spybot found everything else that McAfee didn't.

McAfee was only good for two things, getting rid of a hijacker and getting rid of another that kept making icons pop up on my desktop. After that, it became one of one biggest burdens I've ever had.(Installing and slowing me down while on the net)

Anyway, sorry for going off topic.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/23/09 at 8:42 pm

I remember that dude saying Spybot was mediocre(the one that put in McAfee)... But Spybot found everything else that McAfee didn't.

McAfee was only good for two things, getting rid of a hijacker and getting rid of another that kept making icons pop up on my desktop. After that, it became one of one biggest burdens I've ever had.(Installing and slowing me down while on the net)

Anyway, sorry for going off topic.

No worries, Step-Chan. No one really cares about the topic of this thread anyway. I remember McAfee as more of a nuisance trying to sell us the full version instead of a real antispyware. Still, this did seem a little strange for me to post the lyrics to a Japanese power ballad and end up talking about anti-spyware programs!

Written By: Step-chan on 08/24/09 at 3:02 pm

Well, it does add up posts to.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/24/09 at 4:34 pm

Well, it does add up posts to.

Yeah, you're right. I'll soon work on singable English lyrics to this song that perfectly match the Japanese lyrics in pacing so it can be sung in English.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/24/09 at 11:13 pm

http://www.flyingomelette.com/gamemusic/mp3download_a.html

I thought I'd post this for you in case it has something you might like.

I just got done favoriting some stuff on Youtube.(Opening theme to Nurse Witch Komugi... Used to have the anime, before it was stolen with all the others)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/25/09 at 12:20 pm

http://www.flyingomelette.com/gamemusic/mp3download_a.html

I thought I'd post this for you in case it has something you might like.

I just got done favoriting some stuff on Youtube.(Opening theme to Nurse Witch Komugi... Used to have the anime, before it was stolen with all the others)

I checked it out and it's pretty good. No offense, but I think Galbadia is better, but this'll be a good alternative for when Galbadia is down for maintenance.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/25/09 at 9:11 pm

I checked it out and it's pretty good. No offense, but I think Galbadia is better, but this'll be a good alternative for when Galbadia is down for maintenance.

Yeah, it's not a completionist sort of archive. It's mainly based on requests, so it usually gets VG music added to it every here and there.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/26/09 at 2:04 pm

Yeah, it's not a completionist sort of archive. It's mainly based on requests, so it usually gets VG music added to it every here and there.

That's cool. And if it's MIDIs you want, go to VGmusic.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/26/09 at 8:54 pm

That's cool. And if it's MIDIs you want, go to VGmusic.

I might of heard of that site.

Anyway, while on VG stuff, have you ever been to unseen64? They have pics of betas, prototypes and cancelled games.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/27/09 at 4:41 pm

I might of heard of that site.

Anyway, while on VG stuff, have you ever been to unseen64? They have pics of betas, prototypes and cancelled games.

I'll check that out. Maybe they'll have some screens of Dragon King, a canceled fighting game that provided the game engine for Super Smash Bros. I remember some site called Overclocked something-or-other, that featured remixes of game music. You should check it out.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/28/09 at 12:03 pm

I'll check that out. Maybe they'll have some screens of Dragon King, a canceled fighting game that provided the game engine for Super Smash Bros. I remember some site called Overclocked something-or-other, that featured remixes of game music. You should check it out.

I was hoping they'd have pics of DJ Boy(Genesis version) on there. Because I remember seeing some pictures in an old EGM magazine that wasn't in the US release(an opening sequence, the Japanese version has one, but they were going to apparently have it in the US version, but it looked altered... The girl in the opening sequence have a slightly older look to her and longer, somewhat poofy 80s hair in the preview for the US version)

Unseen64 didn't have it and I haven't been able to find the magazine(I either lost it or haven't looked hard enough).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/28/09 at 2:44 pm

I was hoping they'd have pics of DJ Boy(Genesis version) on there. Because I remember seeing some pictures in an old EGM magazine that wasn't in the US release(an opening sequence, the Japanese version has one, but they were going to apparently have it in the US version, but it looked altered... The girl in the opening sequence have a slightly older look to her and longer, somewhat poofy 80s hair in the preview for the US version)

Unseen64 didn't have it and I haven't been able to find the magazine(I either lost it or haven't looked hard enough).

DJ Boy? Is that anything like Beatmania IIDX? LOL! I have an old issue of EGM that had a Lara Croft mosaic on the cover (made entirely out of Tomb Raider screens), and that was old, back when Zelda: Ocarina Of Time was just called Zelda 64.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/31/09 at 4:34 pm

DJ Boy? Is that anything like Beatmania IIDX? LOL! I have an old issue of EGM that had a Lara Croft mosaic on the cover (made entirely out of Tomb Raider screens), and that was old, back when Zelda: Ocarina Of Time was just called Zelda 64.

No, this was a arcaded game back in the late 80s(The console game was released over here in 1990). It was beat em up(think Final Fight or Double Dragon) where the main character and others were on roller skates. I'll get some pics up here shortly.

Here ya go:

http://www.monkeysvsrobots.com/mvsrpm/videogames_comments.php?id=3_0_4_0_

It's a review of the Japanese version. It has the opening scene on it as well. I just wish I knew what happened to the magazine I had with the altered opening(that was scrapped, since the US version I have has no opening or ending in it).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/31/09 at 5:30 pm

No, this was a arcaded game back in the late 80s(The console game was released over here in 1990). It was beat em up(think Final Fight or Double Dragon) where the main character and others were on roller skates. I'll get some pics up here shortly.

Here ya go:

http://www.monkeysvsrobots.com/mvsrpm/videogames_comments.php?id=3_0_4_0_

It's a review of the Japanese version. It has the opening scene on it as well. I just wish I knew what happened to the magazine I had with the altered opening(that was scrapped, since the US version I have has no opening or ending in it).

That games looks cool, I just wish the reviewer wasn't so hard on it. I like 2D beat-em-ups, so I'll probably like this one.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/01/09 at 11:51 am

That games looks cool, I just wish the reviewer wasn't so hard on it. I like 2D beat-em-ups, so I'll probably like this one.

The port wasn't perfect, although I did enjoy playing it.(Minus the removed opening and ending)

It's abit easier than the arcade version.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/01/09 at 3:53 pm

The port wasn't perfect, although I did enjoy playing it.(Minus the removed opening and ending)

It's abit easier than the arcade version.

While we're on the topic of beat em ups, ever tried Battletoads?

Written By: Step-chan on 09/02/09 at 7:38 pm

While we're on the topic of beat em ups, ever tried Battletoads?

Yes I have, never got past level 3.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/03/09 at 10:21 am

Yes I have, never got past level 3.

Same here! Another good beat em' up you should check out is Choujin Sentai Jetman.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/07/09 at 2:37 pm

Which system was that on?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/07/09 at 3:10 pm

Which system was that on?

Famicom (Japanese NES). I downloaded a ROM of it (it's so obscure in the US that no one cares about emulating it) and have beat it on Easy mode. The gameplay is a straightforward beat-em-up with power-ups and plenty of enemies to defeat, but at the end of each level, you battle a villain in your mech. When that happens, the gameplay becomes a Street Fighter-esque fighting game. And I forgot to mention that it based on a Japanese Super Sentai (Power Rangers) TV series. It proves that TV based games can be good.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/07/09 at 4:45 pm

Famicom (Japanese NES). I downloaded a ROM of it (it's so obscure in the US that no one cares about emulating it) and have beat it on Easy mode. The gameplay is a straightforward beat-em-up with power-ups and plenty of enemies to defeat, but at the end of each level, you battle a villain in your mech. When that happens, the gameplay becomes a Street Fighter-esque fighting game. And I forgot to mention that it based on a Japanese Super Sentai (Power Rangers) TV series. It proves that TV based games can be good.

Ah.

I've thought about playing emulated games(but will have to wait until after I do a reload and see what this comp can handle).

Although it's RPGs that I thought about playing that way the most. One being Tecmo Secret of the Stars(orignally called Aqutalia in Japan), I've seen it once at a rental store but haven't been able to find it anywhere else. It's a game that ended up with an iffy localization and translation(which also makes certain parts of the game unclear on where you're suppose to go), but I've always wanted to check it out.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/07/09 at 5:46 pm

Ah.

I've thought about playing emulated games(but will have to wait until after I do a reload and see what this comp can handle).

Although it's RPGs that I thought about playing that way the most. One being Tecmo Secret of the Stars(orignally called Aqutalia in Japan), I've seen it once at a rental store but haven't been able to find it anywhere else. It's a game that ended up with an iffy localization and translation(which also makes certain parts of the game unclear on where you're suppose to go), but I've always wanted to check it out.

My computer is pretty old, and it runs Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and all Gameboy games (including Advance). It has trouble running CD-I (yes, I was brave/dumb enough to try Hotel Mario) and DS games, though. Never heard of the RPG you mentioned, but I'm currently playing a good tactical RPG called Final Fantasy Tactics. It's for PS1. You've probably played it before.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/07/09 at 7:34 pm

My computer is pretty old, and it runs Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and all Gameboy games (including Advance). It has trouble running CD-I (yes, I was brave/dumb enough to try Hotel Mario) and DS games, though. Never heard of the RPG you mentioned, but I'm currently playing a good tactical RPG called Final Fantasy Tactics. It's for PS1. You've probably played it before.

Well, at least it wasn't the CD-i Zelda games.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g155/sahagin/manual0809.jpg

Here's the original art to the game, which was changed during the localization. This became less frequent as anime became more popular. Although, judging the original... I doubt Nintendo would have allowed the pentagrams on the characters.

For abit of a look at the game in action, here's a vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YkoiQUOiXI

I love the commentary in it. There's more, although I don't know how much they've done of it, they weren't done with it the last I seen it. I'll check it and see.

I forgot, I haven't played FF Tactics(Have seen it though).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/07/09 at 9:54 pm

Well, at least it wasn't the CD-i Zelda games.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g155/sahagin/manual0809.jpg

Here's the original art to the game, which was changed during the localization. This became less frequent as anime became more popular. Although, judging the original... I doubt Nintendo would have allowed the pentagrams on the characters.

For abit of a look at the game in action, here's a vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YkoiQUOiXI

I love the commentary in it. There's more, although I don't know how much they've done of it, they weren't done with it the last I seen it. I'll check it and see.

I forgot, I haven't played FF Tactics(Have seen it though).

I'll check that vid out when I have the time. Looks like a cool game from those screens. And about the CD-I Zelda games, I'll quote the character King Harkinian on those (Actually, I modified the quote to fit the situation.): "Mah boi, those atrocities are what all gamers with no taste in gaming strive for!" LOL! Hotel Mario looked OK, except for the opening cutscene.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/13/09 at 9:30 pm

Well... At least Zelda games weren't Action 52... Oh wait... Action 52 might be better.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/14/09 at 5:43 pm

Well... At least Zelda games weren't Action 52... Oh wait... Action 52 might be better.

What's Action 52? Sorry if that sounded totally n00b. SQUADALA!!! WE'RE OFF!!!

Written By: Step-chan on 09/15/09 at 1:36 pm

What's Action 52? Sorry if that sounded totally n00b. SQUADALA!!! WE'RE OFF!!!

It was an unlicensed NES game. It's got the label of one of the worst, if not worst game of all time. It was a quick cash idea in by Active Entertainment, claiming to have 52 action packed games in it. It sold for 200 dollars when it came out. Too bad they tried to do that, as they have no coding talent worth mentioning. Some of the games bug out, some didn't work on the NES(but do work on certain emulators) and some crash for no apparent reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxOF4NevJrg

This is a review of the game(well, it's part of a I think 13 part review, strong language in it).

I'll try to find another link here in a minute, which has images instead.(it was a it's own site until it joined flyingomelette)

Found it! Had to look under links on flyingomelette.

http://sweetbee.flyingomelette.com/action52.html (Note: strong language here too)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/15/09 at 4:59 pm

It was an unlicensed NES game. It's got the label of one of the worst, if not worst game of all time. It was a quick cash idea in by Active Entertainment, claiming to have 52 action packed games in it. It sold for 200 dollars when it came out. Too bad they tried to do that, as they have no coding talent worth mentioning. Some of the games bug out, some didn't work on the NES(but do work on certain emulators) and some crash for no apparent reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxOF4NevJrg

This is a review of the game(well, it's part of a I think 13 part review, strong language in it).

I'll try to find another link here in a minute, which has images instead.(it was a it's own site until it joined flyingomelette)

Found it! Had to look under links on flyingomelette.

http://sweetbee.flyingomelette.com/action52.html (Note: strong language here too)

Seriously?! That's just sick, man. 200 shells for 52 crappy action games? I think I now remember something like that for a Sega console. I'll check those sites out, though I dislike swearing. Well, as it is written, you, Step-Chan, are the hero of Korridai! (LOL rephrasing of a quote from a CD-I Zelda game.)

Written By: Step-chan on 09/15/09 at 5:08 pm

Seriously?! That's just sick, man. 200 shells for 52 crappy action games? I think I now remember something like that for a Sega console. I'll check those sites out, though I dislike swearing. Well, as it is written, you, Step-Chan, are the hero of Korridai! (LOL rephrasing of a quote from a CD-I Zelda game.)

Interestingly enough, the guy on Sweet-Bee who reviewed the game must have had a store selling it for 80 dollars(which is still too much for the game, even free is too much).

I'm taking a look(haven't done it in a few months), I know there was some strong language on both, but the Sweet-Bee might have less.

It does, from what I just read through.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/16/09 at 4:08 pm

I read the review.... man, I could probably do better than that! Seriously, I've done a few games on Game Maker before our computer crashed and I lost everything... (luckily I had a few burned to a disc). I never finished any games, just the demos: one point-and-click ball-popping game, and an RPG. They were kinda rough around the edges (kind of looked like Powered By The Cheat), but were enough for the moment. Need to re-download Game Maker sometime! Anyways, I ould only play Action 52 if someone paid me. Guys like those who make travesties like that need to scrub all the floors in Hyrule. (LOL another CD-I Zelda quote.)

Written By: Step-chan on 09/16/09 at 4:54 pm

I've messed around with the RPG Maker on the PS1, even made one game.(The only thing I don't like about it is that the Reviving spells only heal 1 Hit Point and can't be used out of battle)

I no longer have it though... Mainly because my apartment was broken into.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/16/09 at 5:58 pm

I've messed around with the RPG Maker on the PS1, even made one game.(The only thing I don't like about it is that the Reviving spells only heal 1 Hit Point and can't be used out of battle)

I no longer have it though... Mainly because my apartment was broken into.

RPG Maker? I've heard of that, always wanted to try it. You should check out Game Maker. It's a free game development tool for PC. You can do virtually any genre on it with enough hard work.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/16/09 at 8:40 pm

RPG Maker? I've heard of that, always wanted to try it. You should check out Game Maker. It's a free game development tool for PC. You can do virtually any genre on it with enough hard work.

They also make the RPG maker for PCs.

I wouldn't mind the Game Maker...

I'll just have to see what I could do with it.(I don't have much in the way of computer art skills. Sketching on paper, is another story)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/18/09 at 4:47 pm

They also make the RPG maker for PCs.

I wouldn't mind the Game Maker...

I'll just have to see what I could do with it.(I don't have much in the way of computer art skills. Sketching on paper, is another story)

You can download sprites, MIDIs, backgrounds, WAVs, and other resources from their website or make your own.

Quick question: ever watched any of the old-school cartoons based on video games? Like "Super Mario Bros. Super Show" or "Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog"?

Written By: Step-chan on 09/19/09 at 12:55 am

Yes I have.

Also, I went on the Galbadia site and couldn't find any DQ music.

I don't know if I went to a wrong version of it or not.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/19/09 at 1:09 am

This is funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkHu_WNa6u8

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/19/09 at 10:30 am

Yes I have.

Also, I went on the Galbadia site and couldn't find any DQ music.

I don't know if I went to a wrong version of it or not.

Maybe it was Blue Laguna that had DQ music... sorry for the mix-up. Blue Laguna is another good site with mainly RPG music, like Final Fantasy, DQ, Fire Emblem, ect. BTW, I'm streaming your Secret Of The Stars vid you sent me.

You said you'd seen Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog? I've seen bits and pieces on YouTube, but I mainly like it just for the misheard quote that sparked a worldwide phenom: PINGAS!!! Here, check this out: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvH8NcneFkA (And he was originally saying "Snooping as usual, I see", but the way he said it made it sound like "Snoo-PINGAS usual, I see"!

Written By: Step-chan on 09/19/09 at 12:01 pm

They had three Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons in the 90s, two that I watched abit of. One was more of a comedy type, while the other two(one of which I watched quite abit) were darker in nature.

I also watched the movie that came out in the late 90s.

Blue Laguna, I try that then.(I was amazed that they alot of anime and gaming stuff on Galbadia though, I seen Ducktales game music on there as well).

That guy on the link in my previous post made quite abit of fun at ol' Secret of the Stars.(It's still kinda of funny though)

Teamsponkel is satire as well, but the guy(well, actually they're a duo) admittedly likes the game too and feels that despite some of it's flaws, there is something special about it.

Something kinda of funny about Secret of the Stars, you know the character art that I posted from Japanese version? Well, the US version has different art(Which was a common practice during the NES and SNES days)... The almost all of characters in the US art actually look younger than they do in the Japanese art. Dan(The little boy) is the only one that looks about the same.

I'll find the US box art and show it to you here shortly, I also have a link to Secret of the Stars music(from Youtube) that I'll post as well.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/19/09 at 12:12 pm

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=62982C2BA4F03D93&search_query=secret+of+stars+tecmo

Here's the links with the music.(I don't know if any site has just the soundtrack, but it might be the case that some do considering the youtube ones)

I haven't listened to much of them yet, but the Aqutallion battle music is pretty good.

Edit in this:(Testing out image posting from this site at this moment, okay cool....)

http://tartarus.rpgclassics.com/secretstars/title.jpg

Written By: Step-chan on 09/19/09 at 12:24 pm

Albiet not much younger.... :D (Maybe a year for Ray, Cody and Leona, Tina, the one with purple-ish hair looks about two years younger however)

When searching for the art, I didn't know that there was a seperate rpgclassics page for Secret of the Stars.

www.rpgclassics.com

This site has a mix of faqs for different RPGs and adventure games(Even a few imports here and there), I've went to it quite of abit. It's not expansive like Gamefaqs though.

http://tartarus.rpgclassics.com/secretstars/ (No wonder I didn't see under the normal site sections)

It's a shame I didn't get to play it on my SNES, I was really starved from the lack of Dragon Quest games at the time.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/19/09 at 3:02 pm

Wow, that's a lot of stuff on that game! I watched part of the Games You Should Not Play review. LOLed at the Tom Cruise line! The game actually looks really good in my opinion. So what if it was translated funny? I love Engrish in my games.

When you said the thing about Nintendo wouldn't let the pentagrams on the characters, that reminded me how they took the pentagram off Exodia in the English Yu-Gi-Oh. Censorship is very common in gaming. Many things get lost in translation...

Written By: Step-chan on 09/19/09 at 6:20 pm

I don't know how serious he was on that little playthrough(although the fact that he beat that mini-boss with the Auto command was pretty funny, although I doubt it would be the same during a big boss fight).

Heck, Dragon Warrior 3 and 4(1 and 2 on the NES had on old Royal-esque language to it) had a few translation hiccups here and there.

On Teamsponkel, they have a nonsensical dialogue counter(well... until he got tired of counting them). I think the big reason for some of the errors in the english version is probably because of it was rushed.

Like the line in the later town in Secret of a Stars: I don't trust men, they all say one thing but. I'm not sure if I remembered that line right, but it was somewhere along those lines. But that line was one of the ones he marked it down for.

There is one typo in Secret of the Stars that they didn't fix and it's one of the words that you'll see the most in the game(You've probably already seen this):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeDEiZAVnqw&feature=channel_page

Games with typos and errors like this can be a blast to play, especially for similiar to why some people like B-movies.

As for Nintendo censorship, there were a few things that slipped through sometimes.

Kid Icarus had crosses in certain parts of the game. This is something Nintendo was known for censoring, although Kid Icarus was one of the NES's early titles. Kid Icarus is also known for having Venus De Milo statues in the final level(well, they're not that graphic) and the instruction booklet also has art for a certain enemy that I find funny. It's a Siren and she's topless. I'm surprised that got through more than anything.

Bionic Commando has Hilter in it, although his name was altered for US release. What they didn't censor, however, was the scene where his head explodes after you shoot the cockpit of his helicopter.

Monster Party has some bloody scenes in it, in heavy loads at that. It's mainly the second half of the first level and the Round number scenes. It's really surprising that Nintendo missed that. The Japanese version was unreleased, but released here(The Japanese version was abit more graphic looking too, I bring up a link here shortly. It would be nice to find the rom of the unreleased version dumped soon).

Written By: Step-chan on 09/19/09 at 6:36 pm

Monster Party stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DWSqAVIdTY

http://www.unseen64.net/2008/08/07/monster-party-nes-beta/

(In fact, the Youtube vid is embedded also in the Unseen64 link) :D

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/19/09 at 6:41 pm

And don't forget there was an Assist Trophy called "Devil" in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

In the cult-hit rhythm-action game Um Jammer Lammy, there was a lot of censoring. In the Japanese version, some of the lyrics referenced hell, the devil, angels, and even nature cruelty. Also, hell was one of the concert venues in the Japanese version. The US replaced all of these. Hell was replaced with a deserted island, and some of the lyrics were changed. Unfortunately, some of the stuff they removed made the story make no sense. I'll check out those Monster Party vids when I have the time.

As for old-school RPGs, I'm playing one from Genesis called Sword Of Vermilion. It seems to be a little annoyingly hard at times, but it's still pretty cool. Here's the box-art: http://www.mywii.com.au/.../Sword-of-Vermillion-1.jpg

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/19/09 at 6:44 pm

Crap, that didn't show up. Here's another try: http://www.mywii.com.au/img/game/large/Sword-of-Vermillion-1.jpg

Written By: Step-chan on 09/19/09 at 11:18 pm

While I've seen that game, I've never played it.

One NES game that never came out over here, but was under consideration was "Sweet Home". It's a horror style game with alot of blood in it, so in the end, they felt it was too much work to edit and localize.

Then there was Mother 1/Earthbound Zero, the translated prototype ROM's available on the net(Sweet Home is as well). While a few things were censored, the only thing that got it's release cancelled was the lack of interest in RPGs at the time.

There is a another game I'm going to look up(I've found a site before) and link up to you with alittle info here shortly.

And don't forget there was an Assist Trophy called "Devil" in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

In the cult-hit rhythm-action game Um Jammer Lammy, there was a lot of censoring. In the Japanese version, some of the lyrics referenced hell, the devil, angels, and even nature cruelty. Also, hell was one of the concert venues in the Japanese version. The US replaced all of these. Hell was replaced with a deserted island, and some of the lyrics were changed. Unfortunately, some of the stuff they removed made the story make no sense. I'll check out those Monster Party vids when I have the time.

As for old-school RPGs, I'm playing one from Genesis called Sword Of Vermilion. It seems to be a little annoyingly hard at times, but it's still pretty cool. Here's the box-art: http://www.mywii.com.au/.../Sword-of-Vermillion-1.jpg

I have the import of Um Jammer Lammy. The fact that they censored the US release, along with the fact that the Comic Carnival had an import copy, was the reason why I didn't get the US version.

It was kinda silly(although they did censor a few things in Parappa 2) that they did though. Just to get a E rating.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/19/09 at 11:44 pm

http://www.flammie.net/vse/trans/mdoropie/index.htm

http://www.flammie.net/vse/trans/mdoropie/screens.htm

Magical Doropie, this game was released over here, under the title Krion Conquest. (I happen to own this one)

It had some art changes, and removed all of the story but the intro before the game starts. They also took out a Pentagram that appears after each stage that is cleared.

http://www.meltyfresh.com/neshouse/onlyinjapan/doropie/index.html (This link is even better)

This is an extra link.... I'm trying to find another that shows something that they were planning to do in the localization.

http://www.flammie.net/vse/trans/mdoropie/francesca.jpg

http://www.flammie.net/vse/trans/mdoropie/francesca.jpg

Here it is. ^ They were originally going to call it Francesca's Wand. I even remember seeing it in an old EGM of mine.(I think it's the same one I'm looking for with that particular DJ Boy image)

And here's another interesting thing:

http://www.flammie.net/vse/things/rad/index.htm

This is a section dedicated to the comparison of Totally Rad(US NES release) and Magic John(Original Japanese release). Totally Rad was a makeover, a big one at that. While Krion Conquest was just the result of a heavy edit.

(Sings Malcolm in the Middle)  Life is unfair................. (I'm not sweating it though, especially since I've seen the unaltered version)

Written By: Step-chan on 09/19/09 at 11:48 pm

http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/snake-02/gift03.htm

Found this on there too...

Kinda cute and funny.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/20/09 at 6:20 pm

I have the import of Um Jammer Lammy. The fact that they censored the US release, along with the fact that the Comic Carnival had an import copy, was the reason why I didn't get the US version.

It was kinda silly(although they did censor a few things in Parappa 2) that they did though. Just to get a E rating.

Seriously? You have the import? You're so hardcore! I wish I knew where to get good import games... I'd have every BEMANI game in history if so! I've played the US versions of both Lammy and Parappa 2. Both were very wacky yet solid games. I really need to check out some of those links. I just don't have as much free time to do so among school, daily tasks, and parody writing.

Here's one game that got totally changed not for vulgarity/religion, but due to the fact that it was just too Japanese to work here: "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan". It's a rhythm-action game for DS that has you playing as a male cheer squad. Yes, you heard me right. Male cheerleaders. You help various characters by doing martial-arts cheerleading to songs by Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Tomoyasu Hotei, L'arc~en~Ciel, and others. The US version is "Elite Beat Agents". It replaced the cheerleaders with special agents, and all of the good J-Pop was replaced with 80s and modern music. I've played Agents, yet to try Ouendan. Here's the box art and screens from both:

http://www.export-manga.com/tienda/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/856af22c6ab118d49c5c98fe08370979.jpg

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/640/640953/osu-tatakae-ouendan-20050810042917401_640w.jpg

http://markpasc.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/elite_big.jpg

http://space-meat.com/wp-content/uploads/elite-beat-agents-1.jpg

And for some reason, here's that Doraemon dude dressed as an Ouendan (I think that's his name):

http://randhaem.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/9-osu-tatakae-ouendan.jpg

Wow, that's a lot of pix.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/20/09 at 7:06 pm

I just got lucky with Um Jammer Lammy.

While I still have the Um Jammer Lammy import, it's a shame I don't have a way to play it.(My PS1 was one of the stolen items) I was alot  better at it than I was at Parappa. The Funny thing is my import of Um Jammer Lammy has an English caption option on it, which is for the songs and dialogue between the levels. They didn't have to do alot in the localization process.(which was retarded of them to omit the hell references just to get an E rating, I'm sure most of the players who played the games were at least in their teens) A line in the first song of Um Jammer Lammy was changed to reflect the changing of the Hell stage to an island. The Hell stages lyrics, though are what you're talking about being altered the most.

I've seen the Elite Beat Agents game before, but never played it at all. A fair amount of music games from Japan usually get song changes, didn't the DDR games get some different songs for international release? Although that would also have to do with the songs being mostly unknown over here(Minus some people from the anime crowd).

I do have other imports, like Pocket Fighter, Darkstalkers 3 and Albert Odyssey for the Saturn. Also Ranma 1/2(The one with Herb in it) and Dragon Quest 5 for the SNES.

There was something that they took out of Pocket Fighter on the US release for the PS1, which was the actual spoken Japanese dialogue during the intros and endings. Capcom just didn't want to pay voice actors(although considering their track record at the time when it came to english dubbing, this is not a completely bad thing. But still...)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/20/09 at 7:20 pm

I just got lucky with Um Jammer Lammy.

While I still have the Um Jammer Lammy import, it's a shame I don't have a way to play it.(My PS1 was one of the stolen items) I was alot  better at it than I was at Parappa. The Funny thing is my import of Um Jammer Lammy has an English caption option on it, which is for the songs and dialogue between the levels. They didn't have to do alot in the localization process.(which was retarded of them to omit the hell references just to get an E rating, I'm sure most of the players who played the games were at least in their teens) A line in the first song of Um Jammer Lammy was changed to reflect the changing of the Hell stage to an island. The Hell stages lyrics, though are what you're talking about being altered the most.

I've seen the Elite Beat Agents game before, but never played it at all. A fair amount of music games from Japan usually get song changes, didn't the DDR games get some different songs for international release? Although that would also have to do with the songs being mostly unknown over here(Minus some people from the anime crowd).

I do have other imports, like Pocket Fighter, Darkstalkers 3 and Albert Odyssey for the Saturn. Also Ranma 1/2(The one with Herb in it) and Dragon Quest 5 for the SNES.

There was something that they took out of Pocket Fighter on the US release for the PS1, which was the actual spoken Japanese dialogue during the intros and endings. Capcom just didn't want to pay voice actors(although considering their track record at the time when it came to english dubbing, this is not a completely bad thing. But still...)

People sure do tend to steal things from you! Yes, some of the DDRs had song changes in America, though most of the Konami Original songs are present. Never heard of Pocket Fighter, but the word "pocket" brought this to mind.... have you imported the PocketStation for PS1 yet? I hear it gives Final Fantasy 8 some new features involving Chocobo.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/20/09 at 9:05 pm

I haven't gotten that PocketStation, in fact... I think that's the first time I've heard of it.(I could be wrong and just not remember)

The burglaries happened in 2006, the first one in July and the second one in November. Hasn't happened since, but the lion share of all of newer stuff I owned was taken at those times.

The first one had the most stolen, including a TV(and both remotes... thanks alot), electric guitar(It didn't work at that time), my newer game systems(Including a Dreamcast that died), several games including Dragon Quest 8 and Dragon Warrior 3, a VCR and one anime DVD.

The second had the least stolen, but it was the rest of my anime DVDs(they might as well had cut my legs off... it would have had the same effect) and one game. I wish I would have put them elsewhere, I'd probably still have them today.

Both of the times these happened, I was gone of course. And I know the people that broke in the second time were my upstairs neighbors, mainly because I locked the outside door.(my door was on the inside and their door were up the stairs, the outside door didn't look broken, it was just left open)

They were evicted later.(Too bad I didn't see if the maintenance guys would give me some of their stuff, they owe me for all those anime DVDs)

My RPG Maker was in the PS1 which was stolen in the first burglary. I was lucky I didn't have a computer at the time, it would have been most likely been swiped as well.(I used to use library internet early on when) Although none of my other PS1 games were stolen, not even the Um Jammer Lammy game. One of my anime CDs was taken as well(The Mahoromatic one) and a Nirvana import single that is extremely difficult to find. It doesn't help that I haven't parodied it yet.(One of my parody writing goals is to cover the entire Nirvana catalog, released and unoffically released)

Written By: Step-chan on 09/22/09 at 2:18 pm

That's was quite abit(there's an understatement) to post about. :D

Anyway, I found out about some the censorship and localization info early on while I was still using the library's internet.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/22/09 at 6:05 pm

I am back, and I am fine. Man, I feel so sorry for you about the robberies. Parodying every Nirvana song? Good luck with that. That's a very good goal to strive for.

I'm going to start getting hardcore into anime. I've watched a lot on Toonami, but I wanna go deeper. Where can I get some good, reasonably priced anime DVDs? I hear some of them go for around $100 per season.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/22/09 at 6:07 pm

P.S. Check this page out for a good anime song: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=37911.0 I promise you it's not a Rick Roll. Or a PINGAS Roll for that matter.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/22/09 at 10:01 pm

I'll look that here shortly.

I've been watching that one guy's(the one with games you should never play of Tecmo Secret of the Stars) Let's Play of Pokemon Gold.

Pretty funny stuff.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/22/09 at 11:35 pm

I watched it, pretty good.

Also started watching a Secret of the Stars walkthrough, the guy playing it has sort of a love/hate view of it.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/23/09 at 4:02 pm

I've heard of those "Let's Play (insert game here)" videos. I might check some out. Let's continue posting YouTube videos here for now. Here's Choujin Sentai Jetman: www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FAdBkERrYY And also, I might be getting an account here soon. Silver Power said he might set me up an account sometime. I thank him heavily.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/23/09 at 7:39 pm

Clicked that for a quick look.

I picked Charmander on the new file of Pokemon Leafgreen. I usually pick Squirtle, I really missed having a water type on my team until I got to Celadon.(Where I got an Eevee)

I remember being like that when I picked Bulbasaur.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/23/09 at 8:10 pm

Looks like the Power Rangers, although some people say on there say the Power Rangers were inspired by this.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/23/09 at 9:57 pm

I figured I'd post this link from RPGClassics as well:

http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/snes/spike/index.shtml

I found this one many months ago, it's kinda fun when you find things you've never heard of before.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/24/09 at 3:10 pm

Looks like the Power Rangers, although some people say on there say the Power Rangers were inspired by this.

Actually, Power Rangers uses the action sequences from the Super Sentai shows. The storyline is changed, although they both share a common theme. Got my account from Torey today. Thanks Torey!

Written By: Step-chan on 09/24/09 at 4:48 pm

Actually, Power Rangers uses the action sequences from the Super Sentai shows. The storyline is changed, although they both share a common theme. Got my account from Torey today. Thanks Torey!

I think I remember hearing something like that as well, but it's been awhile, so I wasn't completely sure.

I almost thought I was seeing things when I saw your post.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/24/09 at 7:13 pm

I think I remember hearing something like that as well, but it's been awhile, so I wasn't completely sure.

I almost thought I was seeing things when I saw your post.

Yeah, new accounts can make you see things. Might watch an episode of Power Rangers R.P.M. Saturday, just to see if it's faithful to Engine Sentai Go-onger.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/24/09 at 10:40 pm

Yeah, I half-way noticed it.

http://www.gamingsanctuary.com/KConquestMR.html

Found this link, which is a review of Krion Conquest.

What Magical Doropie had:

1. Stage Intros
2. Cutscenes(Both of these were already known)
3. Continues
4. A worthwhile ending

What Krion Conquest had:

1. Francesca(Doropie)'s art changed
2. Only one cutscene(before the start screen)
3. No continues
4. A crappy ending(no cutscenes)

Magical Doropie/Krion Conquest is a Mega Man clone(I know this from playing it) of sorts. The playing style is similiar to Mega Man, the music, the way the heroine dies, life meter, etc.(The reviewer was surprised that they didn't get sued)

The US localized version is actually more difficult. The removal of the continues contributed to this, you also have to start a level over again if you die. The second to last boss(might be in the final area, since the reviewer didn't specify, I'm not sure if they were talking about the 4th area boss or the second to last boss in the final area) is alot more difficult due to an increase in stamina.

I did go through the entire game myself, with a game genie, without it I can only get to the second main area in the game.

This is one of those instances where I've heard of a game being made more difficult, and boy is it a doozy of a boost.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/25/09 at 4:24 pm

On the topic of MegaMan clones, I played a freeware one for PC called Megabot. It was done on Game Maker and is insanely hard. Too bad I lost it when the computer crashed.... also on the topic of MegaMan, I chose what appears to be Protoman from the default avatars.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/25/09 at 10:34 pm

I remember watching some rom hacks of Mega Man 2(Japanese version), which were made harder.

My favorite is Rockman no Constancy(I think that's how you spell it).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/26/09 at 9:17 am

Rom hacks? I've actually played a few Mario hacks. Very good stuff!

Update: I watched Power Rangers RPM today. Pretty good. The action sequences looked like they were taken directly from Go-Onger.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/26/09 at 7:32 pm

I seen one of the original Donkey Kong that was based off of Pink Floyd's The Wall.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/27/09 at 9:14 am

Based on The Wall? Weird.

Quick question: What was the last game you beat?

Written By: Step-chan on 09/27/09 at 6:09 pm

Pokemon Platinum, E4 wise.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/29/09 at 4:02 pm

For me, Choujin Sentai Jetman on Normal mode. I've been playing Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion recently on PS3. Ever tried it?

Written By: Step-chan on 09/30/09 at 6:38 pm

I haven't.

Don't have a PS3 for one.

PS2, on the other hand, I do.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 10/04/09 at 3:04 pm

Ever feel that recent PS2 games feel like a toned-down PS3 version with horrible graphics?

Written By: Step-chan on 10/04/09 at 6:22 pm

Not really, because I haven't played a PS3.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 10/07/09 at 6:10 pm

Yeah, that question was irrelevant. I'll let you pick the next topic of discussion on this thread.

Written By: Step-chan on 10/07/09 at 7:29 pm

I don't know, other than I got a game not too long ago at work that was 10 dollars. I work in grocery and I guess they accidently got some video games, I found one that I wanted. Now I see another one there, which is Taito Legends 2.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 10/08/09 at 4:11 pm

I go to Food City Video Store occasionally, and they have a few xBox games for cheap. Too bad I dont have an xBox...

Written By: Step-chan on 10/08/09 at 10:32 pm

I seen Guilty Gear 2(or X2 I think) for the XBOX there. I have owned Guilty Gear 2 before on the PS2, but man it's a hard fighting game.

From what I heard, we got the games by mistake. They're selling them as used, even though most of them are new. I bought Neo Geo Battle Colloseum, it said it was used and had no instructions. But it had the booklet and no scratches that I could see.

As long they still have Taito Legends 2 tommorrow, I'll be getting it.

Written By: Step-chan on 10/12/09 at 1:06 pm

I got it on Friday.

The only real mistake on the back of the case was "Puzzle Bobble 2"(They show a different picture too), it's actually the arcade version called Bust A Move again.

It also has Kiki Kaikai which is the first game in series that's called "Pocky and Rocky" over here.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 10/13/09 at 5:36 pm

The only Taito games I've tried are Bubble Bobble and Operation Wolf on NES. Both are awesome.

Written By: Step-chan on 10/13/09 at 6:24 pm

I remember playing Bubble Bobble.

Puzzle Bobble/Bust A Move are related, the latter ones in particular which have Bub and Bob in them.

Written By: Step-chan on 10/13/09 at 10:31 pm

I finished my Breed parody tonight, will be submitting it tommorrow.(It took me awhile to get back to it)

Written By: Step-chan on 10/14/09 at 12:08 am

And my username was changed...(It's not a hacker though, just something some of the others come up with)

Written By: Step-chan on 10/18/09 at 11:36 pm

A Dragon Quest-y looking RPG that was unreleased:

http://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/12/off-zarken-nes-unreleased/

Written By: Step-chan on 10/25/09 at 5:54 pm

Speaking of lyrics:

Have you ever wrote any original songs?

Edit: I just went through the newer comments on my author page.

To the questions on the Anime Geek and Anime, Video Games and Nirvana I figure I'll answer here(I did answer them there as well, but it was the first time in awhile I looked, so it'll be easier to for you to read it here)

1. There is Sailor Moon(I've seen plenty of others in H-doujin fashion as well) hentai, I even seen a Sailor Moon hentai parody video at a comic book store before I ever visited the net. As Rule 34 says: If it exists, there's porn of it, no exceptions.

:D

2. The Dave and Krist references were about Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic from Nirvana and the Nirvana box set(released in 2004) in particular, since they(and I imagine Courtney) went through alot of material to put on it.

Sorry for not responding to them earlier, I wasn't really thinking too much about Amiright at the time.

The I Am Error parody I did is not my best work, as it's a minimal effort parody(wrote when I was not as worried about things such as pacing and lyrical variety). I have thought about maybe revising it(I did it with my Drain You, About a Girl and Mexican Seafood parodies, the last one being a parody on the adult song parody site that is a cousin of this one) over the past couple of days.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 10/26/09 at 7:26 pm

I'd like to try to write some power metal lyrics, but the actual songs would have to wait till I get some kind of MIDI sequencer. Thanks for the responses.

Written By: Step-chan on 10/26/09 at 8:50 pm

I have a guitar, so it's no problem with me. I wrote a small amount of stuff before moving out on my own(including a couple of parodies) and abit more after getting my own place. Some were wrote as jokes, some are still fragments of sorts and others I plan on rewriting.

I also have an original song about Gohan's superhero indentity.

Abit of what I wrote was influenced by Nirvana.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/02/09 at 11:49 pm

Checks Blue Laguna....

Yep, DQ is on here.

Cool!

Edit: But it looks like it only has images for the most part...(Didn't have any music under the section, unless I need to click something first)

Extra Edit: Oh wait, they have some for 7 and 8, there are some tracks I like from those games, but they're not my biggest favs.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/03/09 at 12:09 am

Now I feel silly. Another site that I'm a member of, Woodus(Dragon's Den, a DQ/DW fan site), has MP3s from the games. Why didn't I think of looking there?

:D

(Am now listening to DQ2's normal battle theme)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/03/09 at 5:58 pm

I'm happy that you found your DQ MP3s. I've been playing Final Fantasy 6 on PS1 recently.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/03/09 at 6:28 pm

Karma for ya.

Here's the link:

http://www.woodus.com/den/music/mp3.php?desc=dq5snes

It's on the 5th game, but the other games are listed on side in case you're interested.

That's the first time I heard alittle of DQ6's music(since I haven't played the game).*

Edit: Except for Happy Humming, which is on Flyingomelette.*

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/03/09 at 6:50 pm

I'll check that out. Oh, and I started doing one anime song per day over on the anime songs thread. Check it out.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/03/09 at 8:29 pm

Okay  :)

Written By: Step-chan on 11/04/09 at 10:30 pm

I played abit of Puchi Carat on the Taito Legends 2 collection. It's like a combination of Arkanoid and Columns.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/data/568519.html

^ Puchi Carat

http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/image/584096.html

^ Arkanoid

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/genesis/image/586114.html

^ Columns

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/05/09 at 3:59 pm

I've played both Arkanoid and Columns. Both are pretty cool, but combining them would be cool. I'll check that out.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/05/09 at 10:47 pm

It's a pretty hard game and I was playing on Beginner.

One of the interesting things about the Taito Legends compilation is the fact that a solid amount of the games were originally never released over here(whether it was arcade or home port).

I know Puchi Carat(as far as I can tell) has never had a US release. I think I'll check to make sure, but I'm sure it wasn't.

Edit: It wasn't.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/05/09 at 10:55 pm

The playing style is mainly Arkanoid, the gems that are lined up look alittle like Columns. The gems stay in place are act as lines, you bounce a ball around to knock out the gems. After a certain period of time, more lines of gems start to come down. If you miss hitting the ball with your track, more lines of gems come down.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/08/09 at 6:49 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9-yfka-YY4

When reading through Punch Out article on Hardcoregaming101, I found out about a ripoff of both Punch Out and The Super Mario Brothers. The vid that I linked up is a clone of the later, it started out on computers in the 80s(but got taken off shelves after Nintendo threaten legal action), this is a DS form of the game.

When I looked at the old Amiga/Commadore versions, the similiarities were far too obvious. It's less glaring on the DS one.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/21/09 at 10:03 pm

Speaking of Taito Legends 2 again...

I was playing another puzzle game on there called Cleopatra's Fortune. It's sort of a combo between Tetris and Columns.(They seem to have Columns style combined alot on some of their puzzle games)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/22/09 at 12:29 pm

Speaking of Taito Legends 2 again...

I was playing another puzzle game on there called Cleopatra's Fortune. It's sort of a combo between Tetris and Columns.(They seem to have Columns style combined alot on some of their puzzle games)

I've heard of such a game, never played it.

Game Informer magazine did their Top 200 games. The Legend Of Zelda on NES took the #1 spot.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/23/09 at 5:03 pm

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/image/581465.html

The one on my compilation is the arcade version, I didn't know there was a PS1 version out that came over here. I never heard of it before getting the Taito Legends 2.

Come to think of it... I need to check and see what the first Taito Legends compilation has. I imagine Bubble Bobble is one of the games.

Edit: First one does have Bubble Bobble.

I need to look up some info involving Puzzle Bobble games. I haven't had much in the way of gaming magazines, so I need to find out if there are any compilations of it on the PS2, otherwise I'll be on a manhunt for the 4th game.(And a working PS1 memory card)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/23/09 at 5:21 pm

I played Bust-A-Move, and I think that counts as Puzzle Bobble. Very addicting. Bubble Bobble is one of my fave NES games, but you have to have 2 players to get the best ending.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/23/09 at 5:32 pm

Yes, Bust a move is Puzzle Bobble. For some reason I've been in the habit of calling it's original Japanese name most of the time.(I don't have a problem the international title of it though)

I didn't see anything on a compilation for that Bust a move though, which means I'll have to find the original game and a PS1 memory card again(A shame PS2 memory cards don't work on PS1 titles).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/23/09 at 5:55 pm

Yeah, the PS2 memory card incompatibility makes no sense. If you can store PS1 saves on a PS2 card, why can't you use them?!

Written By: Step-chan on 11/23/09 at 11:15 pm

Considering that PS2 plays PS1 games, it definetly makes no sense.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/24/09 at 4:39 pm

Shame they dropped PS2 compatibility with the PS3. Is there no love for older stuff?

Written By: Step-chan on 11/24/09 at 7:02 pm

With them, apparently not.(Other than money)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/25/09 at 2:48 pm

Of course. Hey, the new PS3 can still play PS1 games, plus you can download them.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/25/09 at 9:57 pm

The only thing stopping me with that is the current price of the PS3.

Check for new replies or respond here...