inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fave misheard lyrics?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/31/09 at 6:18 pm

One of my faves is from "Wishmaster" by Nightwish, in which the line "7th seeker" sounds like "Steven Seagal". Another of my faves is from "Gold Rush" from Beatmania IIDX, in which the line "It's my treating" is misheard as "It's my twinkie". Anyone else?

Subject: Re: Fave misheard lyrics?

Written By: nally on 07/31/09 at 6:26 pm

Too many!!!

I suppose I could point out several of them myself in Amiright...but I don't know where to start.

How about "Raunchy Like A Hurricane" instead of "Rock you like a hurricane", from the Scorpions. :D

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/31/09 at 6:31 pm

How about "Raunchy Like A Hurricane" instead of "Rock you like a hurricane", from the Scorpions. :D

Good one! I misheard that the same way, believe it or not! More of my faves:

"The jet pilots chew to the Catholic Radio bear" originally "The jet pilots tune to the cockpit radio blare" from The Clash's Rock The Casbah.

"Raise your hard-tailed voices now!" originally "Raise your hearts and voices now!" form Power Quest's hearts and Voices

Written By: nally on 07/31/09 at 6:35 pm

"The jet pilots chew to the Catholic Radio bear" originally "The jet pilots tune to the cockpit radio blare" from The Clash's Rock The Casbah.

Yeah, that song has a lot of mishearings. Especially in the chorus, whose correct line is "Shareef don't like it; Rock the casbah, rock the casbah." But I come across lots of mishearings when I view the existing entries. To name a few: "Sherie don't like men"... or, "Sorry, we don't like them; Rock the catbox, lock the cashbox".

Also, many people probably mishear the title line of the Simple Minds' "Alive & Kicking" as "I Like It Kinky"!

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/31/09 at 6:43 pm

I always thought it was "Charlene's on lightning, lock the taskbar, lock the taskbar". If you were to listen to nearly any song by Credence Clearwater Revival, you'd get dozens of misheards. Like in "Down On The Corner", the line "Bring your nickels, tap your feet" sounds like "Bringin' Hitler's happy feet".

Written By: nally on 07/31/09 at 6:44 pm

If you were to listen to nearly any song by Credence Clearwater Revival, you'd get dozens of misheards. Like in "Down On The Corner", the line "Bring your nickels, tap your feet" sounds like "Bringin' Hitler's happy feet".

Or "Bad Moon Rising". A classic example from that song is the last line in the chorus: "There's a bathroom on the right (or rise)", which was so commonly used on Amiright in its early years.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/31/09 at 6:50 pm

Yeah, that's a good one. I could go on all night about these misheard lyrics... here's a more obscure one. It's from "Yozora No Muko" by Eurobeat Lovers" The lyric says "You have tried to say something to me, holding my hands so tight". But the first time I listened to it, I thought they were saying "You have tried to say something to me, holding my hairstyle". More good misheards can be found in the animutations "We Drink Ritalin" and "A Sticky Night Of Love".

Written By: nally on 07/31/09 at 6:55 pm

Like I said, there's a whole bunch of them on Amiright.com; I've come across several which I thought were pretty funny, yet I don't know the actual songs. One example is "Freak on a Leash" by Korn. I've never heard that song, but I do know that there's a certain line in it that contains a swear word, "A cheap {f-word} for me to lay". I've seen lots of crazy mishearings for it which involve a certain character from All In The Family, such as "Archie Bunker mutilate" or "Archie Bunker meathead." :D

You know DJ, you should register as a member; then you'll be able to check out lots of members only threads such as the Playful Penguin Place!

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/31/09 at 6:58 pm

I would register, but I don't have an email address, and I probably won't till I get my own computer. I'm 15, BTW. I heard Freak On A Leash the other day and the line "Something takes a part of me" sounded like "Something hippopotamus".

Written By: nally on 07/31/09 at 7:02 pm

I would register, but I don't have an email address, and I probably won't till I get my own computer. I'm 15, BTW. I heard Freak On A Leash the other day and the line "Something takes a part of me" sounded like "Something hippopotamus".

sorry about that. I used to not have an email address either, but that all changed in '99.

Yeah, that "hippopotamus" line sounds funny. I bet others have misheard lines in other songs that say "part of me" as "lobotomy"

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/31/09 at 7:05 pm

sorry about that. I used to not have an email address either, but that all changed in '99.

Yeah, that "hippopotamus" line sounds funny. I bet others have misheard lines in other songs that say "part of me" as "lobotomy"

Is that so? I was listening to the Japanese techno-rock song "Shining Collection" by Iceman and misheard one of the Japanese lyrics as "My jiggle pantaloons"! Japanese songs get crazy misheard lyrics. BTW, I do parodies too.

Written By: nally on 07/31/09 at 7:07 pm

Yes, I've seen parodies by you as well. ;)

Speaking of which, there's a parody from 2005 of Nirvana's "All Apologies" which illustrates a mishearing of every line in the song. It's pretty hilarious, especially at the end.

http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/nirvana213.shtml

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/31/09 at 7:10 pm

Yes, I've seen parodies by you as well. ;)

Speaking of which, there's a parody from 2005 of Nirvana's "All Apologies" which illustrates a mishearing of every line in the song. It's pretty hilarious, especially at the end.

http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/nirvana213.shtml

Hilarious!! I've done the entire misheard lyrics for "Gold Rush" and "Yozora No Muko" and uploaded them as parodies. Hmm... more misheards.... "Temperature" by Sean Paul is full of 'em. I seriously thought he was saying something about tearing up Spock and Picard in that song!!!

Written By: karen on 07/31/09 at 7:27 pm

have you checked to see if anyone else has submitted the same misheard lyrics?

http://www.amiright.com/misheard/artist/paulsean.shtml

If not, why don't you submit them?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/31/09 at 7:30 pm

have you checked to see if anyone else has submitted the same misheard lyrics?

http://www.amiright.com/misheard/artist/paulsean.shtml

If not, why don't you submit them?

Good idea! I've posted quite a few misheard lyrics and they never got published... but, I'll try some more sometime.

Written By: karen on 07/31/09 at 7:59 pm

Good idea! I've posted quite a few misheard lyrics and they never got published... but, I'll try some more sometime.

If you posted them recently don't give up hope yet.  There's a back-log of entries and it takes a few months to get through the editing.

Written By: nally on 08/01/09 at 1:08 am

If you posted them recently don't give up hope yet.  There's a back-log of entries and it takes a few months to get through the editing.

I was just going to say that. It's been awhile since the last new batch of entries appeared on the site. Are you still reviewing new ones?

Written By: Frank on 08/01/09 at 2:31 am

If you have ever seen the Stones in concert, anything Jagger sings is pretty much a misheard lyric.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/01/09 at 4:20 am

My fav...

From Bohemian Rhapsody, "Spare him his life from this monstrosity" heard as "Sparing his life for his own sausages".

Written By: Red Ant on 08/01/09 at 5:21 am

Thanks for the plug, Jeff.  8)

DJ Blaze, I've made a few other misheard lyric parodies: you can see them here.

My favorite one has to be of Depeche Mode's "Personal Jesus". The original line is "Reach out and touch faith!". The misheard is "Reach out and suck face!".

If you look on Youtube, you can find some really funny misheard lyric parodies of Pearl Jam: this one is my favorite.

Ant

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/01/09 at 6:34 am

Fav misheard title when sung in the song is "Irish Industry" for Islands In The Stream by Kenny Rogers And Dolly Parton

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/01/09 at 9:28 am

Karen: I won't give up hope. I've posted lyrics 3 months ago and they aren't up, but I won't give up.

Nally: It's been about 8 days since misheard lyrics have been updated.

Frank: Yeah! Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a mustache dance! Or, "I was raised by two lesbian hags!"

Philip: Good one. BoRap has tons of 'em. And "Irish Industry"? Never heard it.

Red Ant: I'll have to check those out. Pearl Jam have quite a few good ones like in Yellow Ledbetter "Once I saw her, on a pizza without cheese"!

More of my fave misheard bands are Power Quest and John Desire. Oh, and Rhapsody. "Face me evil b*stard" was misheard as "Fizzy evil mustard!" in their song "Holy Thunderforce".

Written By: nally on 08/02/09 at 1:52 pm

My favorite one has to be of Depeche Mode's "Personal Jesus". The original line is "Reach out and touch faith!". The misheard is "Reach out and suck face!".

That line has also been misheard as "Richard, touch me!"

Then, the line containing the title: "Your round, personal Cheez-Its"

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/02/09 at 3:39 pm

Your own personal Cheez-its? Awesome! I was listening to the English version of BeForU's "Red Rocket Rising" and misheard the line "In this tiny palm of mine" as "Indy's tiny power line"! To quote Indiana Jones about this lyric "IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!!!"

Written By: karen on 08/02/09 at 10:05 pm

I was just going to say that. It's been awhile since the last new batch of entries appeared on the site. Are you still reviewing new ones?

I am, though not as often as I perhaps should.

A three week vacation didn't help!

Written By: Frank on 08/03/09 at 1:28 am

In "Games without frontiers" by Peter Gabriel, He says "Games without frontiers" in french (Jeux sans frontieres), but you think he's saying " She's so funky yeah"

Written By: Peggy Dishwasher on 08/03/09 at 12:14 pm

http://www.amiright.com/misheard/artist/dalleyamy.shtml

I have listened to that song a few times and I think the 'misheard' line sounds like it is correct.

Written By: nally on 08/03/09 at 12:37 pm

It's been about 8 days since misheard lyrics have been updated.

Are you sure about that? I didn't see a new update at all in July; the calendar even went blank again.

In "Games without frontiers" by Peter Gabriel, He says "Games without frontiers" in french (Jeux sans frontieres), but you think he's saying "She's so funky yeah"

oh yeah, that's a funny one too! :D There are other mis-hearings of that line too...including one that's kinda naughty.

Written By: karen on 08/03/09 at 12:44 pm

Are you sure about that? I didn't see a new update at all in July; the calendar even went blank again.

I last did them 10 days ago

Also Jason is an editor for them

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/03/09 at 3:53 pm

I'll check today to see if they're updated. Another great misheard lyric is from the song "Temple Of Fire" by Power Quest. Since you guys most likely don't know it, I'll explain: it's a fast, melodic, and epic metal song from an Anglo-Italian (English-Italian) band. The lyric "Pilgrim come see your heart's desire" is misheard as "Boyfriend come see your artist's hair". LOL!!!

Written By: Step-chan on 08/03/09 at 8:16 pm

For me, it would one be the chorus to Kenny and Cleo by the Black Market Flowers.

Until I finally found the song on Youtube, I thought he was singing "Kitty and Cleo" instead.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/03/09 at 8:44 pm

For me, it would one be the chorus to Kenny and Cleo by the Black Market Flowers.

Until I finally found the song on Youtube, I thought he was singing "Kitty and Cleo" instead.

LOL! I listened to "Haruka Kanata" by Asian Kung-Fu Generation and misheard some lyric in Japanese (it was the 2nd line in the chorus if you want to hear it) as "Chidori duct tape!". Yeah, I can definitely see Sasuke fighting Naruto using a Chidori attack with duct tape.

Written By: nally on 09/03/09 at 1:00 pm

I last did them 10 days ago

Also Jason is an editor for them

yeah, I knew that the both of you had been reviewing new submissions...but now it's been almost a month since the last update was done. I'm pretty sure there are a multitude of submissions awaiting approval.

Written By: nally on 09/03/09 at 1:03 pm

Anyways, I'm sure that the Beach Boys have plenty of mishearings to their songs. For example, "Barbara Ann" (originally performed by the Regents in the early 1960s) sounds like "Bob Moran" (for the longest time I thought they were singing about a guy named Bob). And the line "Martinique, the Monserrat mystique" from their comeback hit "Kokomo", sounds somewhat like "Want to eat the mounds of rotten steak" which I crack up at. :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/04/09 at 12:56 am

The Go-Go's, Our Lips Are Sealed.

No, not Honest Cecile.  That's an obvious one.

No, I'm talking about the verse that starts "There's a weapon / that we must use / in our defense / silence?"

Just because they put the ac-CENT on the wrong syl-LA-ble in "weap-ON", doesn't mean the lyric is "There we were born / as grievous Jews / in occupied / silence", and the song was not about WW2 with a cheap shot at the French.  For chrissakes, we're talking about the Go-Go's here!  You want ambiguous references to totalitarianism, go listen to ABBA's The Visitors.  A solid track in its own right, but ABBA at least occasionally pretended to be something serious. 

High-school girl gossip?  Sure.  But the Go-Go's singing a tribute to The Diary of Anne Frank?  Didn't happen in 1981.  Hasn't happened by 2009.  Don't hold your breath for 2037. 

The only weird part is that if you do misinterpret just those four lines, the misinterpretation actually makes some sort of twisted sense. 

Written By: nally on 10/08/09 at 10:35 pm

^the title of that song has also been misheard by some folks as "Alex The Seal" or "Olive Cecile." Those are kinda funny too. :D

I thought of another:
From "Breakfast In America" by Supertramp, there's a line that says "Take a jumbo across the water". I noticed in the archive at Amiright that there's an entry that says "Take a junkboat across the water." I actually think that makes sense to some degree (and have sorta heard it that way myself), since the word "junk" can refer to a certain kind of boat, which is of course used in the water.

Written By: nally on 11/24/09 at 6:28 pm

Just thought of another one:

From Van Morrison's "Brown Eyed Girl", the first line is "Hey, where did we go?", but it has often been misheard as "Hey there, amigo!"; sometimes I think it kinda sounds like that too!

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/25/09 at 2:49 pm

The Metalocalypse theme song. The line "doodily ding dong tick tock" sounds like "do anything for Dethklok", which is funny because Dethklok is the band in that show!

Written By: PurplePawz on 11/29/09 at 8:42 am

Lauryn Hill's version of Killing Me Softly:

I heard he sang a good song, I heard he had a Style....

What I thought: And So I came to see him, and lived sin for a while.
What it REALLY is: And So I came to see him, and listened for a while.

Written By: nally on 12/02/09 at 7:34 pm

Lauryn Hill's version of Killing Me Softly:

I heard he sang a good song, I heard he had a Style....

What I thought: And So I came to see him, and lived sin for a while.
What it REALLY is: And So I came to see him, and listened for a while.

When Lauryn Hill sang that, she was a member of the group The Fugees. Yeah, I kinda hear it that way too. ;)

Or "lived in sin for a while..."

Written By: Step-chan on 12/03/09 at 11:55 pm

LOL! I listened to "Haruka Kanata" by Asian Kung-Fu Generation and misheard some lyric in Japanese (it was the 2nd line in the chorus if you want to hear it) as "Chidori duct tape!". Yeah, I can definitely see Sasuke fighting Naruto using a Chidori attack with duct tape.

Is that from the Shippuden arc?

I think I might have heard it when my nephew listened to it.

I never actually knew the title of "Kenny and Cleo" until I tried a "and Cleo" search on Youtube.

I have a parody idea for it too, I just haven't found the lyrics.(None showed up on Google)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/04/09 at 2:39 pm

Is that from the Shippuden arc?

I think I might have heard it when my nephew listened to it.

I never actually knew the title of "Kenny and Cleo" until I tried a "and Cleo" search on Youtube.

I have a parody idea for it too, I just haven't found the lyrics.(None showed up on Google)

No, the song I mentioned is actually one of the older Naruto themes. I'll try to get the YT for you eventually.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/04/09 at 3:01 pm

Okay then. :)

Written By: Step-chan on 12/06/09 at 7:30 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1n0M6p3fJ0

Here's Kenny and Cleo, I have no idea what they're saying in the verses(and choruses besides Kenny and Cleo. When I heard it on the radio I thought it was Kitty instead, as I mentioned in my original post).

Written By: karen on 12/06/09 at 8:37 pm

not sure on the first line
then its before I kill you
and after all true love is just a game

Written By: Step-chan on 12/06/09 at 10:40 pm

I got lost trying to hear those words(Or are you responding to a different song)... I'll have to try with headphones on.(I wish there were lyrics posted for it)

Written By: karen on 12/06/09 at 10:41 pm

I got lost trying to hear those words(Or are you responding to a different song)... I'll have to try with headphones on.(I wish there were lyrics posted for it)

no it was the Kenny and Cleo song I was on about

Written By: Step-chan on 12/06/09 at 10:42 pm

no it was the Kenny and Cleo song I was on about

Okay, cool...

I listened again, and did here a some of the words you posted though.

You've definetly got more of it than I have. ;)

Written By: wildcard on 12/06/09 at 11:11 pm

I've been trying to listen to it too.

? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Now I'll kill you
After all ( heard about the 5th time)
if all that matters

can you ??
can

can you fe el

If there are lyrics out there , they aren't easy for me to find.

Written By: wildcard on 12/06/09 at 11:57 pm

Out of brain power for the night.  I have to stop it for each line as well as listen to it at least three times

I cant be the love of the one
Now I'll kill you
After all that, It's all another da ay
If all that matter, all the love you can get
Would be the love of the ?
              ins

Written By: karen on 12/07/09 at 9:19 am

If there lyrics aren't readily available on the web its worth us trying to work on them here.  That way people searching for the lyrics will find this thread (or another thread about the Kenny and Cleo song alon) and maybe be inspired to join the site

Written By: wildcard on 12/07/09 at 11:16 am

Well I wanted to see how close I actually got, but I couldn't find any lyriics on the first page and I'm not signed up for any music sites that might have the lyrics.  I've already listened to it 20 times now and got the tune in my head.  I wouldn't ming going through the rest of it.

I am so glad I'm no longer going to a school that I'm using up all my energy to hear the teacher, kids, learn, and then come home with 2 hours of homework ( which was nearly done in time).     

Written By: Step-chan on 12/07/09 at 1:41 pm

If there lyrics aren't readily available on the web its worth us trying to work on them here.  That way people searching for the lyrics will find this thread (or another thread about the Kenny and Cleo song alon) and maybe be inspired to join the site

True, true.

:)

Written By: Step-chan on 12/07/09 at 5:03 pm

Chorus:

Kenny and Cleo
Say it's okay
Kenny and Cleo
Kenny and Cleo....

Bolded what I think they might be saying.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/07/09 at 5:22 pm

What I have of the second verse so far:

(?)Sit at home for all of the day(?)
Waiting for time to slip away.. a.. a..

On a side note, my POS speakers have a short in them that makes this an even bigger pain, the only way to produce the sound through the headphones is to have something pressed against it, namely the keyboard, making the chances of the sound staying on low when I type.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/07/09 at 5:37 pm

not sure on the first line
then its before I kill you
and after all true love is just a game

Out of brain power for the night.  I have to stop it for each line as well as listen to it at least three times

Now I'll kill you
Would be the love of the ?
             ins

Here's what I heard in the first verse when I listened to it a few times:

??
??(I do have something here, but I'm not certain enough that's correct enough, I need to listen to it some more)
That true love is all a game
Before you ?? I was nothing
??

I'll come back later and listen and try to transcribe so more.

Written By: wildcard on 12/07/09 at 10:31 pm

Now I'll kill you
Would be the love of the da ay
              ins
Can you free your love
know I know it
Can you free your love
Can you free you love
              ins

Written By: Step-chan on 12/07/09 at 11:26 pm

That's two different interpretations of the chorus. :o

I wrote what I interpreted earlier(most of it is in my earlier posts).

Written By: wildcard on 12/07/09 at 11:57 pm

Yeah well based on the sounds I hear and breaking up them by Syllable, this is what I've gotten so far.  The video shows clips with the girl with the apple and  later on,  the guy has a curly mustache on his face in the pool.  I may be wrong, but I may be right.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/08/09 at 1:11 pm

I hear "Kenny and Cleo", but the "Say it's okay" line I only around 70% certain. So the second could be something that's inbetween what we're thinking.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/09/09 at 8:39 pm

Here's what I'm picking up so far, I'll bold any words that I'm not 100% certain are right.

How can I be dumb
Now I'll tell you
That true love is all a game
Before you ?? I was nothing/looking??
?? ?? ??

Kenny and Cleo
Say it's okay
Kenny and Cleo
Kenny and Cleo

Sit at home for all of the day
Waiting for time to slip away
?? ?? ??
Pictures of myself, turning grey

Written By: wildcard on 12/10/09 at 12:37 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1n0M6p3fJ0

Now I'll kill you
Would be the love of the de e e e           
              ins
Can you free your love
know I know that
Can you free your love
Can you free your love
              ins
ah ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ?
?
?
? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ?
              ins
Can you free your love

Can you free your love
Can you free your love
Can you free your love
              ins

to be continued

Written By: wildcard on 12/22/09 at 12:04 am

Now I'll kill you
Would be the love of the de eh eh       
              ins
Can you free your love
know I know that ? ?
Can you free your love
Can you free your love
              ins
?
?
?
?
?
?
              ins
Can you free your love
Now I know that ??
Can you free your love
No I know that ??
Can you free your love
Can you free your love
              ins

Written By: Step-chan on 12/22/09 at 10:49 pm

Do you think it would be a good idea to make a seperate thread for this?

Written By: wildcard on 12/23/09 at 1:19 am

^ If you want to, but I think I've heard as much of this as my brain power will let me and am done. 

Written By: Step-chan on 12/23/09 at 9:01 pm

^ If you want to, but I think I've heard as much of this as my brain power will let me and am done.  

Okay, I'll start a seperate thread tommorrow night.

I'll also post your interpretation if it's cool with you.

Oh, don't you think it's funny how we got the opposing characters from The Christmas Story?  :D ;) :) ;D

Written By: wildcard on 12/24/09 at 4:04 pm

A better name couldn't be picked for me, I don't think.  Then yeah you as Ralphie, he he.

Yeah that's cool I'm just going on vacation soon and got other things on my mind.  I'd have to listen to it another 100 times to try and hear it again after I get back.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/24/09 at 7:55 pm

Alrighty then. ;)

Written By: Christie Marie M on 12/25/09 at 5:10 pm

Ma Baker- Boney M

During the chorus, when they sang "Ma Baker- she taught her four sons" it sounded like "She Tore Up Her Sons".

Written By: nally on 12/25/09 at 10:30 pm

The Beatles, "I Want To Hold Your Hand": "I get high" instead of "I can't hide (x3)" ;D Probably a near-classic.

Written By: nally on 02/13/10 at 1:13 am

One of my favourites comes from a classic TV commercial about a car dealer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOsLdT4slsk

Is he saying "Go see Cal" or something else? :o :D

Written By: wildcard on 02/13/10 at 8:36 pm

^ I remember these commericals, yes go see Cal.  The first time I heard it as a kid, I thought it was go see cow.  That wouldn't make much since would it?

It's Cal Worthington and his dog Spot

Written By: nally on 02/14/10 at 12:04 pm

^ I remember these commericals, yes go see Cal.  The first time I heard it as a kid, I thought it was go see cow.  That wouldn't make much since would it?

It's Cal Worthington and his dog Spot

Pussy Cow?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 02/14/10 at 2:30 pm

Pussy Cow?

LOL.

Written By: wildcard on 02/14/10 at 3:05 pm

I've done so blind on snow blind.  Not paying much attention, I sang it as running down the drain instead of running down a dream. 

Written By: nally on 02/14/10 at 6:02 pm

I've done so blind on snow blind.  Not paying much attention, I sang it as running down the drain instead of running down a dream. 

Oh, yeah, that was one of Tom Petty's big hits. I sometimes hear it that way too.

LOL.

I know, I took a listen to it again the other day and couldn't stop cracking up! ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/22/15 at 11:33 am

From "Talking In Your Sleep", sung by Crystal Gayle

"Lovin' her the way
You used to love me
Talkin' in your sleep
With lemons on your mind"

For the last line, "With lovin' on your mind"

Written By: nally on 09/29/15 at 8:06 pm

Or from "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin. Around the middle of the song, I always hear the line as "Julio Iglesias saw you"

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/14/16 at 5:05 pm

The Police Message In A Bottle

Misheard Lyrics

100 billion cast aways
looking for a whore

Actual Lyrics

100 billion cast aways
looking for a home

;D All of this time I thought 100 billlion cast aways were looking for a conjugal visits from one woman. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/08/17 at 2:56 am

From Whitney Houston's "I Have Nothing".

"Share my life
Take me for what I am
'Cause I'll never change
All my cupboards for you"

The real lyric reads as: "All my colors for you". The same can be misheard as collars or covers.

Written By: nally on 01/08/17 at 10:59 am

From "Cheap Thrills" by Sia:

Hit the dumpster

Instead of:

Hit the dancefloor

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/04/17 at 4:53 am

"Born To Be Wild" song by STEPPENWOLF:

"Get your Mohawk runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way"

The real lyric reads as: "Get your motor runnin'".

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/04/17 at 1:25 pm

Misheard Lyric

I found your picture
hanging on the back of
my door

Well this is my house
no one lives there anymore.

Actual lyrics

I found your picture
hanging on the back of
my door

Won't give you my heart
no one lives there anymore

Written By: Lizardmatum on 05/15/17 at 8:31 am

My dad thinks in Taylor Swift's 22 when she says "It seems like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters" He thinks shes saying  "It seems like a perfect night to dress up like hamsters"

Written By: #Infinity on 05/19/17 at 11:51 am

In the Art Company's "Susanna," a song about unrequited love, there's a line near the end that goes, "She says, 'I think I better go'," to which the studio audience reacts with shock and applause. When I first heard the song, I thought the frontman was singing, "She says, 'I think I met a girl'," which in context would have been a freaking brilliant twist, that the reason Susanna didn't accept the narrator's love was likely because she was a lesbian.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/19/17 at 12:06 pm

When I heard Material Girl (from 1985), I thought that it was Cereal Girl, or Yogurt Girl, because of the Sesame Street parody, and I was only like six.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/19/17 at 1:57 pm

The Spoons Old Emotions

Misheard Lyrics

A place that you remember
Then it's stopping again

Actual lyrics

Of things that you remember
Then it comes back again

Written By: nally on 05/19/17 at 2:03 pm

When I heard Material Girl (from 1985), I thought that it was Cereal Girl, or Yogurt Girl, because of the Sesame Street parody, and I was only like six.

"Cereal" would probably make sense as a mishearing, since that word rhymes with material.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/17 at 12:29 pm

From "Just When I Needed You Most" by Randy VanWarmer.

Now I miss you more
Than I missed you before
And now where I'll find comfort, god knows
'Cause huge Jeffrey,
Just when I needed you most

The real lyric reads as: "'Cause you left me'".

Written By: nally on 08/05/17 at 3:19 pm

From "Just When I Needed You Most" by Randy VanWarmer.

Now I miss you more
Than I missed you before
And now where I'll find comfort, god knows
'Cause huge Jeffrey,
Just when I needed you most

The real lyric reads as: "'Cause you left me'".

LOL! :D  I actually don't know that song very well, but I'll have to take a listen sometime. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/17 at 3:23 pm

LOL! :D  I actually don't know that song very well, but I'll have to take a listen sometime. ;D
The song can be heard here

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=49224.msg3490241#msg3490241

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/02/18 at 4:47 am

From "Close To You" by The Carpenters.

Why do burps suddenly appear
Every time you are near?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you

The real lyric reads as: "'Why do birds suddenly appear'".

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/02/18 at 5:06 am

From "You're Still The One" by Shania Twain

Distill the one I want to
The on that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life

or

You steal the one I want to
The on that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life

The real lyric reads as: "You're still the one I run to".

Written By: nally on 06/02/18 at 12:42 pm

^ I remember that one.

o m g, has it been 20 years since that song was popular?! :o

Written By: nally on 06/02/18 at 12:49 pm

From "Orinoco Flow/Sail Away" by Enya, the repeated line "Sail away (x3)" is often misheard as:

save a whale
save the whales
say 'No way!'
C'est Noel ("it's Christmas" in French)

...among other things.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/02/18 at 1:04 pm

Unless I missed it, I can't believe nobody has mentioned one of the most classic misheard lyrics of all time. Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze" where "'scuse me while I kiss the sky" has often been misheard as "''scuse me while I kiss this guy". Nobody really knows whether he did it on purpose or not. It was the "anything goes" 1960s.  :-*

Written By: aja675 on 06/07/18 at 3:14 am

"Baby you're the one
You still turn me on
You can lick my hole again"

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/07/18 at 6:11 pm

Platinum Blonde: Lost In Space

Misheard lyrics

One single solitary star
is shining in the sky
Though we don't know
just what they are
time passed us by

Actual lyrics

One single solitary star
is shining in the sky
Though we don't know
just what they are
don't pass us by

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/18 at 4:33 pm

From "These Days" by Rudimental

I hope someday
We'll sit down together
And laugh with each other
About these days, these days
All our troubles
We'll lay to rest
And we'll wish we could come back to these days, eBay

eBay, eBay
eBay, eBay

Three years of ups and downs
Nothing to show for it now
And I know it ain't pretty when the fire burns out
Calling me…

The real lyrics (the title) reads as "these days"

Written By: nally on 07/19/18 at 12:21 am

From "Hit That Perfect Beat" by Bronski Beat:

People, people, hit that perfect meatball!

FxG0zyweL2s

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/19/18 at 3:14 pm

Misheard lyrics

It doesn't really matter
I would do this all before
It doesn't really matter

Actual lyrics

It doesn't really matter
I went through this all before
It doesn't really matter

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/25/18 at 2:28 pm

From "50 Ways To Leave Your Lover" by Paul Simon

Misheard lyrics:

You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get your selfie

Actual lyrics

You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/16/18 at 10:06 am

From "Iko Iko" by The Dixie Cups in 1965

Misheard lyrics:

Talk-in' 'bout, Enya Enya, I-ko, I-ko, un-day
Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

Actual lyrics

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now hey now I-ko, I-ko, un-day

Written By: nally on 12/17/18 at 4:04 pm

From "Iko Iko" by The Dixie Cups in 1965

Misheard lyrics:

Talk-in' 'bout, Enya Enya, I-ko, I-ko, un-day

Actual lyrics

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now hey now I-ko, I-ko, un-day

Interesting, considering the Irish musician Enya was only four years old when this song came out. ;) She could have misheard it this way and thought they were referring to her. Or not.

Written By: cowboy on 02/02/19 at 3:35 am

Little Peggy March - I will follow him

I misheard it as Apollo:

I love Him, I love Him, I love Him,
And where He goes,
Apollo, Apollo, Apollo.
he'll always be my true love, my true love, my true love
from now until forever, forever, forever

F.R. David - Words don't come easy - no misheard lyrics but I thought it was Annie Lennox singing. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/19 at 10:50 am

From "Glory Of Love" by Peter Cetera (1986)

Misheard lyrics:

I am a man who would fight for your Hoover

Actual lyrics:

I am a man who would fight for your honor

Written By: cowboy on 03/14/19 at 3:26 pm

Misheard lyrics:
Day animal, day animal...

Actual lyrics:
Te amo, te amo...

(Rihanna - Te Amo)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/19 at 6:40 am

From "Suspicious Minds" by Elvis Presley (1969), the first line of the song...

Misheard lyrics:

We're caught with a tramp

Actual lyrics:

We're caught in a trap

Written By: aja675 on 04/10/19 at 6:46 am

Jeremy, Jeremy through the night
'Cause you're my flashlight

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/19 at 7:01 am

Misheard from which song?

Written By: nally on 04/10/19 at 11:20 am

Misheard from which song?

"Flashlight" by Jessie J.

The actual first line is "getting me, getting me, through the night".

Written By: GuapitoChico on 04/25/19 at 7:44 am

I'm a little man. And I'm also emo, also into cats. Also into cats, yeah.

Written By: aja675 on 04/25/19 at 8:16 am

"I'm corny, I'm corny, corny, corny."  :D

My aunt only allowed my cousin to play that song because she thought the lyrics were like that. :D

Written By: cowboy on 04/25/19 at 12:51 pm

Real lyrics in brackets.

Because you're new to me (Because you're near to me)
My apples* round and round or My echos/echo's round and round. (My head goes round and round)
*sounded like an euphemism for breasts, like she's shaking them. ;D

It's been this way before (Ain't been this way before )
My niece shake (My knees shake)

Feels Like I'm in Love by Kelly Marie, I guess it's her Scottish accent or me being a teen when I first heard it? ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/26/19 at 1:37 pm

I'm a little man. And I'm also emo, also into cats. Also into cats, yeah.
Which song?

Written By: GuapitoChico on 05/03/19 at 10:02 am

Which song?

"This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" by Fall Out Boy

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/19 at 4:32 pm

O0

Written By: nally on 05/07/19 at 6:25 pm

O0

I actually don't know that one, but I have heard it... and it's not one that I cared for.

Written By: randyripoff on 08/20/19 at 9:17 am

There was a song by Human Sexual Response called 'Marine Offering'. Towards the climax, the lyric 'it's just a five minute walk away' is repeated over and over again. However, when I initially heard it, it sounded like 'it's justified when you walk away' which I thought and still think is much more interesting.

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/19/19 at 9:45 pm

Barenaked Ladies One Week
Misheard: Chicken vagina the chinese chicken
Actual: Chickity China the Chinese chicken
Considering some of the cuisine I’ve heard about I wonder if that’s a delicacy.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/20 at 11:08 am

From "People" by Barbra Streisand (1964)

Misheard lyrics:

"People,
People who eat people,
Are the luckiest people in the world"

Actual lyrics:

"People,
People who need people,
Are the luckiest people in the world"

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/20 at 4:29 am

From "The Fox" which a traditional song

Actual lyrics:

"The fox and his wife, without any strife
Cut up the goose with a fork and a knife
They never had such a supper in their life"

Misheard lyrics:

The highlighted phrase in blue sounds totally something else.

Written By: karen on 04/23/20 at 4:29 pm

A whole load of food related misheard lyrics here by comedienne Bec Hill

https://youtu.be/nvp_cvlHHfY

Written By: nally on 06/22/20 at 5:04 pm

If you were to listen to nearly any song by Credeence Clearwater Revival, you'd get dozens of misheards. Like in "Down On The Corner", the line "Bring your nickels, tap your feet" sounds like "Bringin' Hitler's happy feet".

Or "Bring your nickels, can't be beat."

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 06/25/20 at 2:36 am

To me, it always sounded like "We both know what they're playing, saying disco can't be beat."

Written By: nally on 06/25/20 at 12:03 pm

To me, it always sounded like "We both know what they're playing, saying disco can't be beat."

Interesting, considering the song came out several years before the Disco Era.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/26/20 at 6:31 pm

Well, I guess it's a brand new day after all
Every time we hear the curtain call

Sees the girls with curls in the hair
The buttons and the shirts and the loud fanfare.

Well, I guess it's a brand new day after all
Every time we hear the curtain call

Sees the girls with the curls in the hair
The pins and the shirts and the loud fanfare.

Written By: nally on 06/26/20 at 11:45 pm

"Bacon & Eggs" instead of "Thank U Next" (by Ariana grande).

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/10/20 at 4:15 am

Heard while shopping:

From "She Moves In Her Own Way" by The Kooks

Well, uh-oh, oh, I love Burger King
She moves in her own way

Instead of:
Well, uh-oh, oh, I love her because
She moves in her own way

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/20 at 5:01 am

From "Together" by Connie Francis

We strolled the lane to get her

Instead of:
We strolled the lane together

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/05/20 at 1:02 pm

From "A Little Time" by Beautiful South

Mis-heard:
Funny how quick the milk turns sour, Inuit? Inuit?

Instead of:
Funny how quick the milk turns sour, isn't it, isn't it?

Written By: nally on 10/05/20 at 4:50 pm

From "Together" by Connie Francis

We strolled the lane to get her

Instead of:
We strolled the lane together

Well, the word "together" can be broken up into the three single-syllable words "to get her", which as a whole is not quite pronounced the same.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/28/20 at 10:14 am

From “December, 1963 (Oh, What A Night)” by The Four Seasons

Mis-heard:
Oh, I, I got a funny feelin' when she walked in the room
Oh my, as I recall it ended my tutu

Instead of:
Oh, I, I got a funny feelin' when she walked in the room
Oh my, as I recall it ended much too soon

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/19/20 at 5:40 pm

From "Lucille" by Kenny Rogers

Mis-heard:
You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille
With four hundred children and a crop in the field

Instead of:
With four hungry children and a crop in the field

Written By: nally on 11/19/20 at 6:00 pm

From "Lucille" by Kenny Rogers

Mis-heard:
With four hundred children and a crop in the field

Instead of:
With four hungry children and a crop in the field

Yes, the "400 children" is a common mishearing :D

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/22/20 at 12:02 am

Toy Soldiers by Martika

Actual:

If I don't stop
The next one's gonna be me

Misheard:

It f***ing started
The next one's gonna be me

Written By: karen on 12/01/20 at 1:33 pm

Currently listening to Hit Me With Your Pet Shark by Pat Benetar

Written By: nally on 12/01/20 at 1:34 pm

"My Eyes Of Georgia" by Frankie Valli. :D

Written By: nally on 12/17/20 at 12:00 pm

From "Underneath The Tree" by Kelly Clarkson... the second line sounds more like "Snow is falling with a capital C" than "...as the carolers sing":

https://youtu.be/aFBtmS4hTeA?t=9

Just heard this one last night.

Written By: nally on 01/14/21 at 11:59 pm

From "Orinoco Flow/Sail Away" by Enya, the repeated line "Sail away (x3)" is often misheard as:

save a whale
save the whales
say 'No way!'
C'est Noel ("it's Christmas" in French)

...among other things.

On that note...i just came across this...a French mishearing of Enya's "Orinoco Flow/Sail Away":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOx3d5ktFq4

Apparently some of these words translate to not-so-nice things :o

Written By: nally on 05/15/21 at 12:19 am

From "L-O-V-E" by Ashlee Simpson:

Hello, hello, hello, hello, beep, beep!

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/21 at 4:40 am

From "Alone" by Heart

"How do I get you a loan"

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/02/21 at 3:19 am

From "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen

"Marmite, killed a man"

(Marmite, a food spread made from yeast extract, popular and eaten in the UK)

Written By: NightmareFarm on 09/02/21 at 4:29 am

"You be the man who mash the feta cheese. Aloe, aloe? Sit down, picasso. Sound that beep, she sing phonic. That there stick, no share with me!"

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/02/21 at 4:31 am

"You be the man who mash the feta cheese. Aloe, aloe? Sit down, picasso. Sound that beep, she sing phonic. That there stick, no share with me!"
From which song?

Written By: NightmareFarm on 09/02/21 at 6:34 am

From which song?

Numa Numa song

Written By: nally on 09/02/21 at 10:35 pm

Numa Numa song

I just looked this one up, and apparently it's by a band called O-Zone. The song also has some variant titles, depending on certain parts of the world.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 09/03/21 at 2:29 am

I just looked this one up, and apparently it's by a band called O-Zone. The song also has some variant titles, depending on certain parts of the world.

Its technically not the actual title but the real one is hard to remember.

Written By: nally on 09/03/21 at 9:11 pm

Its technically not the actual title but the real one is hard to remember.

Youre right. I even looked it up on Wiki and found the complicated title.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/14/21 at 3:23 am

"Ride A White Swan" by T. Rex

Misheard
Got a big guitar
Got a big guitar

Real lyric:
Da-da-di-di da
Da-da-di-di da

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/26/21 at 10:24 am

"Hello Stranger" by Barbara Lewis

Misheard
Hello stranger
(Oooo)
It seems so good to see you back again
How long has it been?
(Oooo
Seems like a muddy long time
Shoo-Bop Shoo-Bop
My Baby
Oooo)
It seems like a mighty long time

Real lyric:
Hello stranger
(Oooo)
It seems so good to see you back again
How long has it been?
(Oooo
Seems like a mighty long time
Shoo-Bop Shoo-Bop
My Baby
Oooo)
It seems like a mighty long time

Written By: nally on 10/26/21 at 11:06 pm

Seems like a muddy long time

Seems like a mighty long time

Hee hee! :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/27/21 at 2:10 am

Hee hee! :D
One thinks of the Muddy Quinn here?

Written By: Boomer Nights on 12/30/21 at 11:52 pm

One of my friend heard the titular line in Hopelessly Devoted to You by Olivia Newton John from the musical film Grease as "hope the city voted to you."  :D
I have so many, but one that I still can't get out of my head when it comes on is Kansas' Carry On My Wayward Son the line, "surely heaven waits for you!" as "purely heavy wasteland youth!"  :P I do not know how I did that pretzel logic. See what I did there? Pretzel...logic...ok, I'll leave now. Thank you Cleveland and goodnight!

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/31/21 at 12:25 pm

Creedence Clearwater Revival Down On The Corner

Actual Lyrics

Down on the corner
out in the street
Willy and the Poor Boys are playing
bring a nickel tap your feet

Misheard Lyrics

Down on the corner
out in the street
his vocals are playing
bring the music play the beat

Written By: nally on 12/31/21 at 8:00 pm

^ Good one. I always misheard the last line as "...can't be beat".

Written By: nally on 01/30/22 at 11:11 pm

Came across another one, this time from an opera, as sung by Pavarotti...

qByjA5pZopQ

The correct phrase, "e di pensier", means "and to think" in Italian.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/07/22 at 12:18 pm

"Guantanamera" by The Sandpipers

Actual Lyrics

Guantanamera
Guajira Guantanamera
Guantanamera
Guajira Guantanamera

Misheard Lyrics

One type of melon
Guajira one type of melon
One type of melon
Guajira one type of melon

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/22/22 at 3:58 am

"Greatest Love of All"

Actual Lyrics
At least I'll live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity

Misheard Lyrics
At least I'll live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dynasty

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 05/23/22 at 7:25 pm

"Ragdoll"

Actual:
Yes I'm moving
Yes I'm moving

Misheard:
It's a movie
It's a movie

I keep thinking I'm forgetting one, from a more recent song.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 05/30/22 at 6:47 pm

"In Corpore Sano" by Konstrakta (Serbia's entry for Eurovision):

Actual lyrics (in Serbian):
Biti zdrava
Biti zdrava
Biti zdrava
Biti-biti-biti

Misheard:
Icky Torah
Icky Torah
Icky Torah
B*tch, b*tch, b*tch

Really the most anyone can understand (who doesn't speak Serbian) is "Meghan Markle."

English:
To be healthy
To be healthy
To be healthy
To, to, to...

Edit to add:

"Stay" The Kid Laroi

Actual:
I do the same thing I told you that I never would

Misheard:
Why did/How could I stay when I told you that I never would?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/15/22 at 10:25 am

"Like A Virgin" by Madonna

Actual Lyrics
Like a virgin
Touched for the very first time

Misheard Lyrics
Like a virgin
Touched for the thirty-first time

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/15/22 at 10:39 am

"Like A Virgin" by Madonna

Actual Lyrics
Like a virgin
Touched for the very first time

Misheard Lyrics
Like a virgin
Touched for the thirty-first time

Reminds me of the time Justin Bieber went on the David Letterman Show and said that he was going to Rome soon and would be seeing "the 16th Chapel".  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/06/22 at 11:58 am

"Letter From America" by The Proclaimers

Actual Lyrics
Bathgate no more, Linwood no more

Misheard Lyrics
Backache no more, Linwood no more

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/22 at 9:04 am

In "Rich Girl" by Hall And Oates, I thought I heard a mis-heard lyric, and when seeing the lyrics online, I discovered the song use the word I thought I heard, and you can probably guess which word.

Written By: nally on 08/12/22 at 9:04 pm

In "Rich Girl" by Hall And Oates, I thought I heard a mis-heard lyric, and when seeing the lyrics online, I discovered the song use the word I thought I heard, and you can probably guess which word.

I think they actually do use a certain word that traditionally meant "female dog", but they're using it in a different context. :-X

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/22/22 at 3:05 pm

"Blowin' in the Wind" by Bob Dylan

Actual Lyrics
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind

Misheard Lyrics
These ants are my friends and blowin' in the wind.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/14/22 at 4:30 am

My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It) by En Vogue

Actual Lyrics
No, not this time
No, you're never gonna get it

Misheard Lyrics
No, not this time
No, you're never gone a rabbit

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/06/22 at 3:24 pm

"The Sound of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel

Actual Lyrics
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again

Misheard Lyrics
Hello dampness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/12/22 at 9:58 am

Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5:

Incorrect Lyrics
Take me by the dong
And I'll know you
Kick me in the junk
And I'll show you

Correct Lyrics
Take me by the tongue
And I'll know you
Kiss me till I’m drunk
And I'll show you

There was a girl at work singing along to this, belting out the wrong lyrics. It was hilarious because she thought those were the real words.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/03/23 at 10:05 am

"Sir Duke" by Stevie Wonder

Actual Lyrics
They can feel it all over
But they can feel it all over people

Misheard Lyrics
"Spread the chicken all over
Spread the chicken all over, people"

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/23 at 9:36 am

"Eve Of Destruction" by Barry McGuire (1965)

From the last line of the final verse:

Actual Lyrics
"Hate your next door neighbor but don't forget to say grace"

Misheard Lyrics
"Hate your next Darth Vader but don't forget to say grace"

Written By: nally on 02/10/23 at 8:05 pm

"Eve Of Destruction" by Barry McGuire (1965)

From the last line of the final verse:

Actual Lyrics
"Hate your next door neighbor but don't forget to say grace"

Misheard Lyrics
"Hate your next Darth Vader but don't forget to say grace"

Interesting, considering that the song predates Star Wars…

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/27/23 at 11:08 am

"A Whiter Shade of Pale" by  Procol Harum (1967)

Actual Lyrics
"That her face, at first just ghostly
Turned a whiter shade of pale"

Misheard Lyrics
"That her face, at first just ghostly
Turned a Wyatt Earp shade of pale"

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/31/23 at 1:43 am

I thought Gloria Gaynor was singing about Napoleon here:

It took all the strength I had not to fall apart  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/19/23 at 3:34 am

Subterranean Homesick Blues by Bob Dylan (1965)

Actual Lyrics
"Walk on your tip toes, don’t tie no bows
Better stay away from those that carry around a fire hose
Keep a clean nose, watch the plainclothes
You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows"

Misheard Lyrics
"Walk on your tip toes, don’t tie no bows
Better stay away from those that carry around a fire hose
Keep Filipinos , watch the plainclothes
You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows"

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/11/23 at 8:26 am

"I Want You to Be My Baby" by Billie Davis (1968)

Actual Lyrics
"I (I)
I want (I want)
I want you (I want you)
I want you to (I want you to)
I want you to be (What?)
I want you to be my baby"

Misheard Lyrics
"I (I)
I want (I want)
I want you (I want you)
I want you to (I want U2)
I want you to be (What?)
I want you to be my baby"

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/12/23 at 4:30 am

"Oh, Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison (1964)

Actual Lyrics
Pretty woman, walkin' down the street
Pretty woman the kind I like to meet
Pretty woman I don't believe you, you're not the truth
No one could look as good as you, mercy

Misheard Lyrics
Pretty woman, walkin' down the street
Pretty woman the kind I like to meet
Pretty woman I don't believe you, you're not the truth
No one could look as good as you, Murphy

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/22/23 at 8:36 am

"It Never Rains in Southern California" by Albert Hammond (1972)

Actual Lyrics
Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California
But girl, don't they warn ya?
It pours, man, it pours

Misheard Lyrics
Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California
But girl, don't they warn ya?
It pours, menopause

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/24/23 at 11:22 pm

The Weight: The Band

Actual Lyrics

Take a load off Frannie
Take a load for free

Take a load off Frannie
And, and, and
Put the load right on me.

Misheard Lyrics

Take a load off granny
Take a load for free

Take a load off granny
And, and, and
put the load right on me

Or

Take a load off Annie
Take a load for free

Take a load off Annie
And, and, and
put the load right on me.

Check for new replies or respond here...