inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite anime songs

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/18/09 at 4:35 pm

I know this will appeal to only a few people *COUGHstepchanCOUGH*, but I love anime music, and I hope you do, too! Here's some of my faves. Feel free to post yours and comment on my choices, too.

Gravitation: Shining Collection and In The Moonlight
DBZ: Hikari No Tabi
Mokke: Kokoro No Ato
Major: Strike Party and Saraba Aoki Omokage
Gundam: Invoke, Reason, and Vestige
Naruto: Viva Rock, GO!!!, and Closer

Subject: Re: Favorite anime songs

Written By: gibbo on 08/18/09 at 6:28 pm

I'd have to go right back to the first anime tv show themes... I still remember these...

Kimba the White Lion
Prince Planet
Astro Boy
Gigantor
Speed Racer

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/18/09 at 7:15 pm

I'd have to go right back to the first anime tv show themes... I still remember these...

Kimba the White Lion
Prince Planet
Astro Boy
Gigantor
Speed Racer

Oh yeah! Those are the classics. Didn't get to catch many of those except Astro Boy and Speed Racer. I mainly started watching anime with Dragon Ball Z.

Written By: gibbo on 08/18/09 at 7:17 pm

Oh yeah! Those are the classics. Didn't get to catch many of those except Astro Boy and Speed Racer. I mainly started watching anime with Dragon Ball Z.

I figured you might have been pokemon (maybe Sailor Moon) onwards... ;)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/18/09 at 7:27 pm

I figured you might have been pokemon (maybe Sailor Moon) onwards... ;)

Let me scratch DBZ: my first anime was Pokemon, how could I forget that? Then YuGiOh, then DBZ. Thanks for bringing that up.

Written By: gibbo on 08/18/09 at 7:28 pm

Let me scratch DBZ: my first anime was Pokemon, how could I forget that? Then YuGiOh, then DBZ. Thanks for bringing that up.

No problems...and don't forget Bey Blade...(you can tell I have kids!)  ;)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/18/09 at 7:28 pm

No problems...and don't forget Bey Blade

Never really watched Beyblade that much... but I had a few of the tops.

Written By: gibbo on 08/18/09 at 7:32 pm

...and Digimon was in there somewhere too... :-\\

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/18/09 at 7:34 pm

...and Digimon was in there somewhere too... :-\\

Who could forget the digital monsters? Certainly not I.

Written By: gibbo on 08/18/09 at 7:36 pm

Who could forget the digital monsters? Certainly not I.

Okay...I've exhausted my knowledge of anime... ;D

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/18/09 at 7:41 pm

Okay...I've exhausted my knowledge of anime... ;D

That's alright. We're only human. I myself could go for hours, but I'm significantly younger than you are. (I'm 15, you have kids.)

Written By: gibbo on 08/20/09 at 10:48 pm

That's alright. We're only human. I myself could go for hours, but I'm significantly younger than you are. (I'm 15, you have kids.)

....and my son is your age!  :o

Written By: Step-chan on 08/20/09 at 10:53 pm

Some of mine:

(I'll try my best to remember the titles)

Mahoro Mambo(It's the ending theme of the first season of Mahoromatic, I think the song's called that. The ending of the last season I like alot as well)
Open Invitation(Urusei Yatsura, there are several others I like from this series as well)
Hurricane(Bubblegum Crisis, well... it plays during the episode)
Poppy Flower(Ranma 1/2, again, there are several others I like from this series)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/21/09 at 11:16 am

....and my son is your age!  :o

Really?! How ironic. 

Some of mine:

(I'll try my best to remember the titles)

Mahoro Mambo(It's the ending theme of the first season of Mahoromatic, I think the song's called that. The ending of the last season I like alot as well)
Open Invitation(Urusei Yatsura, there are several others I like from this series as well)
Hurricane(Bubblegum Crisis, well... it plays during the episode)
Poppy Flower(Ranma 1/2, again, there are several others I like from this series)

The only one I know of yours listed is Mahoro Mambo, and it's very catchy! I'll check out the others sometime later.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/21/09 at 12:39 pm

There are several from Ranma 1/2 and Urusei Yatsura that I like but don't know the names to. I'm pretty fond of the opening theme from Maison Ikkoku as well(I'm trying to remember the name at the moment).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/21/09 at 3:52 pm

There are several from Ranma 1/2 and Urusei Yatsura that I like but don't know the names to. I'm pretty fond of the opening theme from Maison Ikkoku as well(I'm trying to remember the name at the moment).

I'll probably download those sometime. Ever watched Utawarerumono? I haven't but I've heard the awesome theme song "Musouka" by Suara.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/21/09 at 5:10 pm

That sounds familiar....

Is that the anime with the people who have sort of a kemonomimi theme(animal ears and tails)?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/21/09 at 6:57 pm

That sounds familiar....

Is that the anime with the people who have sort of a kemonomimi theme(animal ears and tails)?

I think Wikipedia has it listed as that, so yes.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/23/09 at 8:19 pm

I thought so, I also have Newtype magazines that showed it.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/23/09 at 8:44 pm

I thought so, I also have Newtype magazines that showed it.

Newtype? Never heard of it. I've read Anime Insider before. Good magazine with lots of stuff on InuYasha, DBZ, Chobits, ect. I remember seeing all the strange merchandise they showed, like a Sailor Pluto pill box, anime phone cards, and a Gamera soap dispenser.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/24/09 at 3:01 pm

I've bought both of those.

Newtype is one of the more expensive ones, they usually come with DVDs that have a couple of episodes of different shows on them. I haven't been able to buy in awhile(Well, if I was by myself still, I would at least be able to buy them on and off).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/24/09 at 4:35 pm

I've bought both of those.

Newtype is one of the more expensive ones, they usually come with DVDs that have a couple of episodes of different shows on them. I haven't been able to buy in awhile(Well, if I was by myself still, I would at least be able to buy them on and off).

Cool! I'll probably check that out.

Written By: loki 13 on 08/24/09 at 6:24 pm

I'd have to say the entire soundtrack of Harmeggedon (1983), simply because it
was scored by Keith Emerson.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/24/09 at 7:23 pm

I'd have to say the entire soundtrack of Harmeggedon (1983), simply because it
was scored by Keith Emerson.

Never heard of it, but I'm sure it's cool. BTW, I like your Marowak avatar! I'll get a Blaziken one when I get an account here.

Written By: loki 13 on 08/24/09 at 7:56 pm

Never heard of it, but I'm sure it's cool. BTW, I like your Marowak avatar! I'll get a Blaziken one when I get an account here.

The soundtrack is not for everyone, only the most ardent Keith Emerson fans.

just a sample:

Children Of The Light..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv8HUAoSTYo&NR=1

Challenge Of The Psionic Fighter...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xes24gwp4Ug&feature=related

Sonny's Skate State..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXsQW7lg90A&feature=related

PS. I like the older Pokemon, Marowak is my favorite followed closely by Fearow, but I always choose a fire type as my starter
no matter which game I am playing , so Blaziken is alright in my book.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/24/09 at 11:30 pm

I like the older Pokemon, Marowak is my favorite followed closely by Fearow, but I always choose a fire type as my starter

When it comes to starter Pokemon, I'm kinda mixed element wise.

Gen 1- Squirtle(But I have chose Bulbasaur before, never picked Charmander except for trading to GSC)
Gen 2- Chikorita(Never chose any of the other ones for a playthrough, only for trading, I used to own both games)
Gen 3- Mudkip(But Torchic is close second, I don't care for Treecko)
Gen 4- Chimchar(Although all the them were close, Chimchar edged out ahead in my choice)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/25/09 at 12:23 pm

The soundtrack is not for everyone, only the most ardent Keith Emerson fans.

just a sample:

Children Of The Light..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv8HUAoSTYo&NR=1

Challenge Of The Psionic Fighter...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xes24gwp4Ug&feature=related

Sonny's Skate State..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXsQW7lg90A&feature=related

PS. I like the older Pokemon, Marowak is my favorite followed closely by Fearow, but I always choose a fire type as my starter

I'll check those out when I have the time. I usually choose a Fire-type as my starter too!

When it comes to starter Pokemon, I'm kinda mixed element wise.

Gen 1- Squirtle(But I have chose Bulbasaur before, never picked Charmander except for trading to GSC)
Gen 2- Chikorita(Never chose any of the other ones for a playthrough, only for trading, I used to own both games)
Gen 3- Mudkip(But Torchic is close second, I don't care for Treecko)
Gen 4- Chimchar(Although all the them were close, Chimchar edged out ahead in my choice)

Those are good choices. I remember having a team of all LV. 100s once. They were Blaziken, Venusaur, Zapdos, Mewtwo, and 2 more I forgot. (BTW, that was on Ruby.)

Written By: Step-chan on 08/25/09 at 6:06 pm

Mewtwo, eh? ;)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/25/09 at 6:48 pm

Mewtwo, eh? ;)

Yeah, I forgot to point out that I traded some from FireRed. And Mewtwo is awesome, in Pokemon and Super Smash Bros. (Shame he got the ax in Brawl.)

Written By: loki 13 on 08/25/09 at 7:07 pm

I'll check those out when I have the time. I usually choose a Fire-type as my starter too!

Those are good choices. I remember having a team of all LV. 100s once. They were Blaziken, Venusaur, Zapdos, Mewtwo, and 2 more I forgot. (BTW, that was on Ruby.)

A bit off topic I know but I only have LV. 100s in Pokemon Red, I've never restarted the game because of Mew. My lineup in Red is:

Mew - LV. 100
Dragonite - LV. 100
Charizard - LV. 100
Graveler - LV. 97
Fearow - LV. 96
Pikachu - LV. 96

I also have a Mew in blue and a 100+ Kangaskhan but catching them ruined the game.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/25/09 at 7:30 pm

A bit off topic I know but I only have LV. 100s in Pokemon Red, I've never restarted the game because of Mew. My lineup in Red is:

Mew - LV. 100
Dragonite - LV. 100
Charizard - LV. 100
Graveler - LV. 97
Fearow - LV. 96
Pikachu - LV. 96

I also have a Mew in blue and a 100+ Kangaskhan but cathing them ruined the game.

Oh yeah, the 100+ Kangaskhan, AKA "Missingno.", one of the worst glitches of all time. I have quite a few Mews in Pearl, but they are Action Replayed.... (Meaning I used a code to get them, like GameShark.)

Written By: Step-chan on 08/25/09 at 9:09 pm

Mew - LV. 100
Dragonite - LV. 100
Charizard - LV. 100
Graveler - LV. 97
Fearow - LV. 96
Pikachu - LV. 96

I also have a Mew in blue and a 100+ Kangaskhan but catching them ruined the game.

MissingNo glitch?

I remember exploiting that before.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/26/09 at 2:05 pm

MissingNo glitch?

I remember exploiting that before.

I would, but I have Yellow, not Red/Blue.... I got one in FireRed before, though!

Written By: Step-chan on 08/26/09 at 8:52 pm

I would, but I have Yellow, not Red/Blue.... I got one in FireRed before, though!

Nothing like boosting up the amount of rare candies.

Now there's the Pickup ability to pick up the slack.(Alittle)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/27/09 at 4:42 pm

Nothing like boosting up the amount of rare candies.

Now there's the Pickup ability to pick up the slack.(Alittle)

Pickup is a miracle to gamers without cheat devices like Action Replay. It's the only reason I carried 5 Zigzagoons with my Rayquaza while training on Victory Road.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/28/09 at 11:57 am

Pickup is a miracle to gamers without cheat devices like Action Replay. It's the only reason I carried 5 Zigzagoons with my Rayquaza while training on Victory Road.

I have 5 Pachirisus with the Pickup ability, all named after characters from the Mother/Earthbound series. I traded them from Pearl to Platinum for boosted experience(and since I've beaten Platinum, I'll be trading over Lucky Eggs on Kanto and Hoenn starters).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/28/09 at 2:42 pm

I have 5 Pachirisus with the Pickup ability, all named after characters from the Mother/Earthbound series. I traded them from Pearl to Platinum for boosted experience(and since I've beaten Platinum, I'll be trading over Lucky Eggs on Kanto and Hoenn starters).

All named after Earthbound characters? To quote Ness from Brawl "OK!" I have some Battle Tower teams named after the members of the bands DragonForce and BeForU. Yes, I'm a huge nerd. And I loved battling my own teams by visiting my secret bases through link cable on my Ruby/Sapphire/FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald cartridges. I'll open up a Pokemon gaming topic eventually over on the 2000s board. Till then, this thread will do.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/31/09 at 4:49 pm

All named after Earthbound characters? To quote Ness from Brawl "OK!" I have some Battle Tower teams named after the members of the bands DragonForce and BeForU. Yes, I'm a huge nerd. And I loved battling my own teams by visiting my secret bases through link cable on my Ruby/Sapphire/FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald cartridges. I'll open up a Pokemon gaming topic eventually over on the 2000s board. Till then, this thread will do.

I actually have a Pokemon Platinum gaming thread on the video game board(which registered users can go to, it doesn't show up otherwise). It started out as a live blogging/updating playthrough on the Longest Thread Ever(on another sub board here, registered users can go to it) and after awhile(mainly after seeing a thread about seperating heavy live blogging of movies, gaming, etc.) I started a thread on me finishing the game's main story. Now it's just going to be updates here and there and Pokemon in general.

The Mother/Earthbound names I used for the Pachirisus:

Ness
Loid
Kumatora(the only female of my Pachirisu group)
Teddy
Jeff

I call them Team Pk Thunder.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/31/09 at 5:28 pm

I actually have a Pokemon Platinum gaming thread on the video game board(which registered users can go to, it doesn't show up otherwise). It started out as a live blogging/updating playthrough on the Longest Thread Ever(on another sub board here, registered users can go to it) and after awhile(mainly after seeing a thread about seperating heavy live blogging of movies, gaming, etc.) I started a thread on me finishing the game's main story. Now it's just going to be updates here and there and Pokemon in general.

The Mother/Earthbound names I used for the Pachirisus:

Ness
Loid
Kumatora(the only female of my Pachirisu group)
Teddy
Jeff

I call them Team Pk Thunder.

When I get an account (which'll be a while due to my email problem) I'll check out your thread. And Team PK Thunder sounds awesome.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/01/09 at 11:52 am

When I get an account (which'll be a while due to my email problem) I'll check out your thread. And Team PK Thunder sounds awesome.

Okay, cool.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/13/09 at 9:32 pm

On another note, I'm restarting a file on Leafgreen after I send over the Pokemon that I raised(12 to go, 2 days total) up abit.

Written By: Max Power on 09/20/09 at 5:49 pm

Did the "Mew Glitch" on Yellow work?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/20/09 at 6:08 pm

Did the "Mew Glitch" on Yellow work?

I legally own the Yellow cartridge, so I can download the emulation and try that out. I heard about this "Mew Glitch" on the internet somewhere, never got to try it for fear of wrecking my game cart. Now that emulation is here, we have no fear in risky business like this.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/03/09 at 6:02 pm

I am doing Anime Song Of The Day every day I can now.

Today's is "Ougon No Compass" an ending theme from one of the Dragon Ball GT movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypA6x7iJ8Sw

Written By: Step-chan on 11/04/09 at 7:17 pm

I might have that on my Dragon Ball/Z/GT OST.

(Not sure, due to my computer not liking Youtube and shutting down due to probably needing dusting)

On a side note:

I'm surprised TSB posted on one of your parodies, something I meant to mention. He rarely posts. I even tried to get his attention before by voting on some of his stuff.

(Your sig made me remember it)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/05/09 at 4:02 pm

I think it's because TSB knew "You Are A Pirate" and "Engine Sentai Go-Onger", and I think he only comments on songs he knows and topics he likes (tributes to him, Sesame Street and other kiddie shows, ect.) If you want him to comment you, learn a Super Sentai song and parody it ASAP. May I suggest Shinkenger?

Here's today's anime song: Re-Sublimity by Kotoko, from Kannazuki No Miko. Never watched the show, but got the song in a ZIP folder of anime songs and thought it was pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5kgzef9ELo

And just due to the awesomeness of it: Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWD0dN7YN8U

Written By: Step-chan on 11/05/09 at 10:37 pm

It was the You are a Pirate one.

I kinda thought he was an anime buff as well,(he's done stuff about Dragon Ball in general, even parodied an Dragon Ball opening TV theme that I know, it was one of the ones I voted on) which is why I tried to get his attention.(even someone on my Teen Spirit left a comment along the lines of: TSB, we found a friend for you)

Come to think of it, I do have the opening song of Dragon Ball(import CD), but no ideas for it.

I have done two song parodies where the OS is at least partially in Japanese(Urusei Yatsura's Rock the Planet and South Park's Let's Fighting Love)

Written By: Step-chan on 11/21/09 at 10:15 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slQv-ptSRJQ

Tenchi Universe opening

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/22/09 at 12:28 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CgpWKBuq90&feature=related

The full version of the theme from Major. "Kokoro" by Road Of Major.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/06/09 at 3:23 pm

Wow, this is weird... the ending theme from GoGo Sentai Boukenger has a chorus that sounds just like Change The World from InuYasha! Here's the YT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbKW-LwkTCw

Written By: Christie Marie M on 12/26/09 at 9:29 pm

From the old school Neo-Geo game Waku-Waku 7.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNLFMCk_CNY&feature=related

South Park Ninjas- Let's Fighting Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9AEYFaZt_I&feature=related

From the PS2 fighting game- Arcana Heart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPmvjATzEZg

Written By: Step-chan on 12/28/09 at 1:42 pm

I own Arcana Heart. ^

I was buying multiple games by Atlus that day, the clerk said: You're Atlas fan, aren't you?

I told him I'm more of a Dragon Quest fan.(But I do like some Atlus games)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/28/09 at 1:53 pm

I own Arcana Heart. ^

I was buying multiple games by Atlus that day, the clerk said: You're Atlas fan, aren't you?

I told him I'm more of a Dragon Quest fan.(But I do like some Atlus games)

I've never gotten into Atlus, all I know by them is Arcana Heart and Rhapsody.

BTW, on the topic of anime songs, did you know that the guy who sings Makafushigi Adventure (the Dragon Ball theme song) voiced Parco Folgore in the anime Zatch Bell?

Written By: Step-chan on 12/28/09 at 4:19 pm

Other games under Atlus: Riviera The Promised Land, Yggdra Union and My World My Way.

(Sorry for the

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/28/09 at 8:25 pm

Other games under Atlus: Riviera The Promised Land, Yggdra Union and My World My Way.

(Sorry for the

Sorry for the what?

Written By: Step-chan on 12/28/09 at 10:29 pm

Sorry for the what?

Off topic post, which I apparently in haste forgot to type.  :D

Written By: silhouette on 03/15/10 at 11:51 pm

From Evangelion, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qv3fmE4SM4 the theme song, called "A Cruel Angel's Thesis.
From Sailor Moon, I actually like two image songs from the same character, two from Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter's voice actress Emi Shinohara. Here they are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei7COKyZfjI and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTwQrpyRhxE
The Rose of Versailles theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJhhVqaSPRk
And of course Cowboy Bebop!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jCJZEFIto
Trigun theme song is good too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzHe4U5c5Oc

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/16/10 at 6:02 pm

Ok, ok. I confess. The one anime that I am familiar with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6_RZhh44NY

Cat

Written By: silhouette on 03/16/10 at 6:04 pm

What do you think of the original Japanese, Moonlight Densetsu?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ten4sIwapQ4

Written By: Step-chan on 03/17/10 at 12:06 am

From Evangelion, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qv3fmE4SM4 the theme song, called "A Cruel Angel's Thesis.
From Sailor Moon, I actually like two image songs from the same character, two from Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter's voice actress Emi Shinohara. Here they are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei7COKyZfjI and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTwQrpyRhxE
The Rose of Versailles theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJhhVqaSPRk
And of course Cowboy Bebop!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jCJZEFIto
Trigun theme song is good too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzHe4U5c5Oc

The only one out of your post that I have seen was Sailor Moon.

Written By: silhouette on 03/17/10 at 12:31 am

Really, Step-chan? The others are some of my favorites. What do you like? Trigun and Cowboy Bebop's themes were written by two different members of the same band IIRC.

I shamelessly admit to liking Death Note's second OP, "What's Up People". It's kind of silly and fun to watch. It's inspired some pretty funny parody videos.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKeGs25cztk

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/17/10 at 5:46 pm

What do you think of the original Japanese, Moonlight Densetsu?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ten4sIwapQ4

Yeah, I do like it. I listened to those other two you posted from Sailor Moon and liked them too (but didn't like Death Note's second OP). Like I said, Sailor Moon is the only anime that I really like.

Cat

Written By: silhouette on 03/17/10 at 5:49 pm

Yeah, Death Note's second OP is just ridiculous, yeah. It's polarizing.  ;D ;D

Sailor Moon was the first anime I watched.

Written By: Step-chan on 03/18/10 at 1:52 pm

Really, Step-chan? The others are some of my favorites. What do you like? Trigun and Cowboy Bebop's themes were written by two different members of the same band IIRC.

I shamelessly admit to liking Death Note's second OP, "What's Up People". It's kind of silly and fun to watch. It's inspired some pretty funny parody videos.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKeGs25cztk

I noticed that I accidently posted in your quote box.

Anyway...  :D

Things like Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gundam I never had any interest in watching. I do like the Dragon Ball, One Piece and Naruto though.

That reminds, I need to try to install a new Web Browser, IE6 has been dropped by Youtube(understandibly). I can't see any videos now.

Written By: silhouette on 03/18/10 at 3:28 pm

Everyone's got their own tastes. I'm not too into the moe slice of life anime.  :P :D

Written By: Step-chan on 03/25/10 at 1:21 pm

Everyone's got their own tastes. I'm not too into the moe slice of life anime.  :P :D

Naruto is moe?

:D

Written By: silhouette on 03/25/10 at 3:32 pm

Well maybe his sexy jutsu is...

Written By: Step-chan on 03/26/10 at 7:56 pm

Perhaps.

Written By: silhouette on 04/06/10 at 7:58 pm

Haha.  ;D

I really love Yoko Kanno's work (she composed both the Cowboy Bebop and Ghost In The Shell: Standalone Complex themes)

Written By: nupur on 04/06/10 at 9:32 pm

Of the anime songs I've heard, these are some of my favorites (in no particular order):

"Let Me Be With You" from Chobits
"True Light" from D.N. Angel
"Metamorphose" from This Ugly Yet Beautiful World
"I Love You" from Full Moon
"Future" from Kiddy Grade
"C'" from Happy Lesson
"Cruel Angel Thesis" from Evangelion

Written By: Step-chan on 04/06/10 at 9:53 pm

I remember "Let me be with you".

I used to have Kiddy Grade(before my house was robbed, the second time losing my anime DVDs).

Which one is future? It's been along time.

Written By: nupur on 04/06/10 at 10:13 pm

I remember "Let me be with you".

I used to have Kiddy Grade(before my house was robbed, the second time losing my anime DVDs).

Which one is future? It's been along time.

"Future" is an ending theme. Found it on Youtube  :) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlm_a6CSL3I

This is the full version of the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJpJ1Mqk2u4

Written By: Step-chan on 04/06/10 at 11:35 pm

Now I remember, after hearing it again.

Thanks. :)

Written By: silhouette on 04/06/10 at 11:57 pm

I like Cruel Angel's Thesis too, Nupur.

Out of all the Evangelion music I really like Rei Ayanami's piano theme (sorry this is the only video I could find... also an AMV I guess :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqztMz85frw

Written By: Kryllith on 04/20/10 at 11:25 am

Guess I should toss in my 2 cents...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfpYmQS_A9k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgb1H2hzOJ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v74OPNouRSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTP-xRbBlMA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjXsptX-Tag

That's all for now...

Written By: Max Power on 02/03/11 at 8:03 am

I know it's been a while but I have been wondering.

Have there ever been a song parody used with anime song?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 02/03/11 at 3:50 pm

I know it's been a while but I have been wondering.

Have there ever been a song parody used with anime song?

Yep, a few times. Blessranger did a parody of "Makafushigi Adventure" from Dragon Ball. I did a song from the anime Gravitation. I'm not into Gravitation or any Yaoi (homo anime) for that matter, I just like the song since anything Daisuke Asakura does turns to gold.)

Written By: Max Power on 02/17/11 at 1:34 pm

Yep, a few times. Blessranger did a parody of "Makafushigi Adventure" from Dragon Ball. I did a song from the anime Gravitation. I'm not into Gravitation or any Yaoi (homo anime) for that matter, I just like the song since anything Daisuke Asakura does turns to gold.)

I'm planning to do one myself but should I go with the lyrical flow?

Check for new replies or respond here...