inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Stealing Submissions?

Written By: GBland on 10/12/09 at 9:43 am

Am I right?  Did someone actually steal my submission?  Let me explain.  A couple of years ago I submitted a nonsensical lyric from Elton John's "The One."  Several months later, I noticed that the submission had mysteriously disppeared from the site.  Now, suddenly, the submission is back--but with a different submitter's name!  Is this the sort of thing that goes on here routinely?  Has anyone else experienced this sort of petty dishonesty?

Subject: Re: Stealing Submissions?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 10/13/09 at 5:38 pm

Sadly I have no clue about this... I've had some people submit a lyric before I could, but this has never happened to me before. I've noticed a few errors in song/artist names on some o the non parody/misheard submissions, though.... welcome to InThe00s, GBland!

Subject: Re: Stealing Submissions?

Written By: karen on 10/14/09 at 1:43 pm

Am I right?  Did someone actually steal my submission?  Let me explain.  A couple of years ago I submitted a nonsensical lyric from Elton John's "The One."  Several months later, I noticed that the submission had mysteriously disppeared from the site.  Now, suddenly, the submission is back--but with a different submitter's name!  Is this the sort of thing that goes on here routinely?  Has anyone else experienced this sort of petty dishonesty?

Recently the existing misheard lyrics have been re-edited, occasionally with a heavy-hand (in my opinion).  It may be that your submission was deleted by them for some reason.  And then a short while later someone else happened to submit the same misheard lyric which was then added to the board.

Check for new replies or respond here...