inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help with a video/song

Written By: firefighter1243 on 11/19/09 at 9:13 pm

This video was played on mtv and vh1. It is a pretty upbeat song, male artist, late 80's or early 90's. The video shows a girl riding on a rocket or bomb she might be wearing a cowgirl outfit or bikini. It's not surfing on a rocket by air. Please help.

Subject: Re: Help with a video/song

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/20/09 at 3:10 pm

Madonna wore a cowgirl outfit in her 2000 hit Don't Tell Me.

Written By: firefighter1243 on 11/20/09 at 10:39 pm

No thats not it. Thanks anyway

Written By: Sunchyme on 12/08/09 at 8:22 am

Hi,

Any chance its "Distant Early Warning", by Rush.
I remember there being a kid riding a missile, but I can't remember the details!

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/08/09 at 11:32 pm

Hi,

Any chance its "Distant Early Warning", by Rush.
I remember there being a kid riding a missile, but I can't remember the details!

Yep, here's Rush's bombrider: Distant Early Warning

Other possibilities: Helix, Ride the Rocket, and KISS, Rocket Ride.

Whatever it is, let's get this one figured out.  For the first time in living memory, TVTropes doesn't have an entry for it in the "Music" section of their Riding the Bomb page.

Written By: firefighter1243 on 01/09/10 at 8:09 am

Not Rush. I know for sure it was a women on the rocket and a fine one at that. Really all I can remember is her riding on the rocket/bomb on a cheesy blue screen in the clouds. She might have even been waving her hat like she was bull ridding. Her scene comes in throughout the video. Thanks for all the help and keep it comming.

Check for new replies or respond here...