inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help with another song?

Written By: firefighter1243 on 01/09/10 at 8:37 am

This one was sung in 1990,91. It was a female artist, pop music, and all I can remember is the back ground singer(male) singing everybody get funky in a James Brown style, he sings this verse in the starting of the song and then periodically troughout the song..Its not C&C music factory. Any suggestions?

Subject: Re: Help with another song?

Written By: holicman on 01/22/10 at 6:26 pm

It could be the song called "James Brown is Dead".

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/22/10 at 10:56 pm

This one was sung in 1990,91. It was a female artist, pop music, and all I can remember is the back ground singer(male) singing everybody get funky in a James Brown style, he sings this verse in the starting of the song and then periodically troughout the song..Its not C&C music factory. Any suggestions?

If it's not LA Style's James Brown Is Dead, how about PWEI's Not Now James, We're Busy!.  If it was more funky, how about Free James Brown?

Unfortunately, none of them feature female artists as the primary vocalist.  Serves me right for searching for answers before fully reading the question...

Do you remember anything else about it?  (BPM as in Fast?  Slow?  Style as in Techno?  R&B?)  Unfortunately for you, James Brown was sampled in... everything.  Everywhere.  I think it's findable, someone here has probably heard the track, but just doesn't remember it. 

Written By: Tam on 01/23/10 at 6:04 pm

Lyn Collins is one of James Browns Original funk women.
She has a ton of hits we all recognize from the 70s...

However, in the late 80's/early '90's she attempted a come back with a house song called "Shout"
Apparently it has the exact words you are using - but for the life of me I cannot find audio for it anywhere!!

Written By: Claybricks on 01/24/10 at 12:52 pm

The first song that came to mind...the lyrics do not repeat throughout the song...

Nena Cherry - Buffalo Stance {1988}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWsRz3TJDEY

Dan

Written By: firefighter1243 on 02/04/10 at 10:10 pm

The first song that came to mind...the lyrics do not repeat throughout the song...

Nena Cherry - Buffalo Stance {1988}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWsRz3TJDEY

love the song, but it's not it. Thanks

Dan

Written By: karen on 02/04/10 at 10:19 pm

I took a different approach and searched for "songs that sample James Brown"

Here's one list.  The song you want might be on there

http://www.whosampled.com/artist/James%20Brown/

Written By: seamermar on 02/09/10 at 4:19 am

Hola amigos, That's me the absent.minded Paco in search of help...again

This time is about the lyrics of a song I listened to, and I can't by any way find the lyrics because of I don't know the song's name.
It talks about songs in the radio and says someting like that :

" can you blame the boys for asking what is true" more or less

I hope some penguin could hep me

thanks folks

Check for new replies or respond here...