inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need help finding an instrumental song

Written By: Joezilla29 on 04/26/11 at 11:23 pm

This instrumental was played on a radio station that exclusively plays songs from the 60's, 70's, and 80's. It had this sweet bass and to it, and there was either a trumpet or a saxophone solo playing throughout, though I would go with the trumpet. It was almost Spanish themed/sounding (not sure if that's the correct way to put it), and near the end of the song I heard a female voice though it was very faint and I couldn't make out any of the words, and I'm not even sure if she was saying words at all.

This is driving me crazy, if anyone knows or can throw in a wild guess I would appreciate it. I've been thinking about it all day.

Subject: Re: Need help finding an instrumental song

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/11 at 2:20 am

I'm just gonna guess Diamonds Herb Alpert w/ Janet Jackson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIOubNRSp2c&sns=em

Written By: Joezilla29 on 04/27/11 at 10:10 am

That's a good song...but not it. The female voice was near the end and it was very, dare I say, EXTREMELY faint; no words had been said before that. The voice might have been humming to the tune itself as I could not make out any words at all. I should add that the bass was very slow, and about 30 seconds to a minute in, the trumpet or the sax solo began playing. It was very relaxing tune, had a serious air to it, wasn't at all funky or upbeat.

Damn, I'm sorry, I'm expecting too much of you all, but this is driving me insane; almost makes me want to get one of those smart phones with the apps that helps you ID the tune.

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/11 at 10:34 am

That's a good song...but not it. The female voice was near the end and it was very, dare I say, EXTREMELY faint; no words had been said before that. The voice might have been humming to the tune itself as I could not make out any words at all. I should add that the bass was very slow, and about 30 seconds to a minute in, the trumpet or the sax solo began playing. It was very relaxing tune, had a serious air to it, wasn't at all funky or upbeat.

Damn, I'm sorry, I'm expecting too much of you all, but this is driving me insane; almost makes me want to get one of those smart phones with the apps that helps you ID the tune.

There are three people on the boards who have identified songs with less... I am not one of them  ;D

If they see this they can help.

In the meantime when did you hear the song?
What country are you in?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/27/11 at 2:09 pm

This instrumental was played on a radio station that exclusively plays songs from the 60's, 70's, and 80's. It had this sweet bass and to it, and there was either a trumpet or a saxophone solo playing throughout, though I would go with the trumpet. It was almost Spanish themed/sounding (not sure if that's the correct way to put it), and near the end of the song I heard a female voice though it was very faint and I couldn't make out any of the words, and I'm not even sure if she was saying words at all.

This is driving me crazy, if anyone knows or can throw in a wild guess I would appreciate it. I've been thinking about it all day.
Which radio station do you hear it on?

Written By: Joezilla29 on 04/27/11 at 3:26 pm

There are three people on the boards who have identified songs with less... I am not one of them  ;D

If they see this they can help.

In the meantime when did you hear the song?
What country are you in?

I heard it a couple of days ago, and I'm in the U.S.

Which radio station do you hear it on?

I've only heard it once and I heard it on KCLL Kool 100, a radio station that broadcasts locally in Texas, they like to play "oldie" songs ranging from the 60's to the 80's.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/27/11 at 3:28 pm

I've only heard it once and I heard it on KCLL Kool 100, a radio station that broadcasts locally in Texas, they like to play "oldie" songs ranging from the 60's to the 80's.
It is the kind of radio station I prefer to listen to, I hope I can obtain it where I am.

Written By: karen on 04/27/11 at 5:42 pm

I heard it a couple of days ago, and I'm in the U.S.

Do they have a website?  Stations like this often have their playlist for the day or week.  If you can remember the approximate time you heard it you should be able to narrow it down to a couple of songs.

Written By: Joezilla29 on 04/27/11 at 6:16 pm

It is the kind of radio station I prefer to listen to, I hope I can obtain it where I am.

The classics are the best, music these days don't even come close in comparison.

Do they have a website?  Stations like this often have their playlist for the day or week.  If you can remember the approximate time you heard it you should be able to narrow it down to a couple of songs.

Here is the website: http://www.kcll-fm.com/

I've looked through it entirely and haven't found any playlists. They do have a bunch of links but I think they're mostly unrelated to music.

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/11 at 6:19 pm

I would call the dj and see if they can help you out. Also if you have an iPhone shazam is one of the greatest apps out there. It identifies songs from hearing snipets. Love it.

Written By: Joezilla29 on 04/27/11 at 6:27 pm

I would call the dj and see if they can help you out. Also if you have an iPhone shazam is one of the greatest apps out there. It identifies songs from hearing snipets. Love it.

Totally thought about buying an iPhone afterwards, but touch screens aren't my thing, and I'm not a corporate businessman so a Blackberry is useless for me.

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/28/11 at 8:55 am

That's what I would do.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/28/11 at 6:28 pm

Classic music, killer bass and trumpet solos sound a lot like Earth, Wind and Fire or Parliament Funkadelic.

Written By: Joezilla29 on 04/28/11 at 8:44 pm

FOUND IT! Called the DJ and he knew right away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ennMD1fPtXA

Thanks for helping guys!

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/11 at 9:21 pm

FOUND IT! Called the DJ and he knew right away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ennMD1fPtXA

Thanks for helping guys!

great! Glad that plan worked for you!

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/28/11 at 10:12 pm

I'm just gonna guess Diamonds Herb Alpert w/ Janet Jackson\

Karma for getting it pretty damn close - given the difficulty of instrumentals and the fact that the actual answer turned out to be Herb Alpert, Rise, 1979.

Glad we could help, Joezilla29!

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/11 at 10:27 pm

Karma for getting it pretty damn close - given the difficulty of instrumentals and the fact that the actual answer turned out to be Herb Alpert, Rise, 1979.

Glad we could help, Joezilla29!

thanls....interestingly enough I actually know this song because it was playing when Luke raped Laura on GH.... I always associate the song with that moment...

Check for new replies or respond here...