inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Looking For Two Songs

Written By: Patrick McWilliams on 06/29/11 at 1:02 pm

I recall, many years ago, seeing a copy of the ubiquitous Carole King "Tapestry" LP. Only this one had an extra instrumental track. I have had several people over the years tell me they have seen one too, maybe even owned the LP or a cassette. I have heard others say no such thing exists. There is no record of it on any discography, and no mention of such a version in any record collector's guide. Tell me the name of the instrumental, and provide me with a copy of the track, along with a xerox of the album cover showing the title, and I would consider a substantial reward.

Also looking for a song, probable title "Here We Come, There We Go". This was played at the conclusion of the final episode of "Hot Hero Sandwich" a 1980's(?) kids Saturday morning TV variety show. The show was always getting preempted for baseball games and its rating suffered accordingly. I really don't remember much about the program, but I do recall being impressed by that final song. Again, I need a source where I can purchase a copy of the song on CD or DVD.

Subject: Re: Looking For Two Songs

Written By: Rex on 06/29/11 at 6:38 pm

http://www.manions.com/archive/articles/carol%20king%20tapestry%20lp%20-%20a%20needle%20in%20a%20haystack.htm

Written By: Patrick McWilliams on 06/30/11 at 7:46 am

That is an article I wrote a long time ago. Surprised it is still out there. I did not mention the title in my request because I wanted to use it to verify that someone had actually found the record. Keep looking, I'm sure of what I saw.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/01/11 at 10:44 pm

That is an article I wrote a long time ago. Surprised it is still out there.

The internet never forgets, but neither do we.  We're good at this sort of thing.  Bookmark this thread and come back to it every year or so.  I have a feeling this is gonna be a hard one.

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 07/04/11 at 3:14 am

As far as Hot Hero Sandwich music was done by Bruce Hart and Stephen Lawrence. You sure the song isn't Here we come, here we go? So I looked for an hour, That show is soooo obscure there's little information on it and the supposed title of the song must not be. Unless it was w2ritten just for the show you may never find it. Try and look up episodes on youtube and pause on the credits.

Check for new replies or respond here...