inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is this song?

Written By: Schuimend Mormel on 10/11/11 at 2:26 pm

I'm looking for a song, I think it may be from the late 80s or early 90s. The lyrics I seem to recall go something like this, or rather they blur into my mind as follows:

'Papageno, papageno, la-la-la-la-la-oh. Don't come any further'.

Of course, I know the above is pure nonsense, and googling 'don't come any further' doesn't get me anything, so I know these can't be the actual lyrics, especially the Papageno part.

To help you guys out a little bit, the background instrumental to this song sounds a LOT like the instrumental backing on the song in this link (Indonesian song):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCxz3XqCE2U

Thank you all in advance!  :)

Subject: Re: What is this song?

Written By: Henk on 10/12/11 at 5:24 am

I'm looking for a song, I think it may be from the late 80s or early 90s. The lyrics I seem to recall go something like this, or rather they blur into my mind as follows:

'Papageno, papageno, la-la-la-la-la-oh. Don't come any further'.

Of course, I know the above is pure nonsense, and googling 'don't come any further' doesn't get me anything, so I know these can't be the actual lyrics, especially the Papageno part.

To help you guys out a little bit, the background instrumental to this song sounds a LOT like the instrumental backing on the song in this link (Indonesian song):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCxz3XqCE2U

Thank you all in advance!  :)

Well, don't look any further... ::)

The song you're looking for is  Don't Look Any Further by Dennis Edwards and Siedah Garrett.

Written By: Schuimend Mormel on 10/12/11 at 9:31 am

Thank you very much, Henk! This had been bugging me for a while.

"Day o umba day o mambu ji ay o"? Those are the lyrics in the chorus, according to lyricstime.com? No wonder I couldn't figure out the words.
Must have been part of that whole African lyrics craze in the 80s. Mamase mamasa mamakusa!

Nogmaals bedankt, heb helaas nog lang niet genoeg posts om je een karmapunt te geven.

Someone award Henk a karma point, please!  :)

Written By: karen on 10/12/11 at 10:27 am

done

Written By: Henk on 10/12/11 at 2:50 pm

Thank you very much, Henk! This had been bugging me for a while.

You're welcome! :)

"Day o umba day o mambu ji ay o"? Those are the lyrics in the chorus, according to lyricstime.com? No wonder I couldn't figure out the words.
Must have been part of that whole African lyrics craze in the 80s. Mamase mamasa mamakusa!

I'm not sure it's African at all... It always sounded more like gibberish to me!

Nogmaals bedankt, heb helaas nog lang niet genoeg posts om je een karmapunt te geven.

Well then...post some more, you Schuimend Mormel! :D (Where did you get that name, I wonder... ???)

Right backatcha! 8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/12/11 at 2:52 pm

Well, don't look any further... ::)

The song you're looking for is  Don't Look Any Further by Dennis Edwards and Siedah Garrett.
The very same Siedah Garrett that sang I Just Can't Stop Loving You with Michael Jackson?

Written By: Henk on 10/12/11 at 2:55 pm

The very same Siedah Garrett that sang I Just Can't Stop Loving You with Michael Jackson?

Do you know (of) any other Siedah Garrett...?

...Well then! :D ;)

Written By: holicman on 10/23/11 at 5:53 am

I think there may be a version of this song from a NZ band called ASWAD that did a version called " dont look any further".

Check for new replies or respond here...