inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's music

Written By: yamms2 on 01/21/12 at 4:34 pm

I'm trying to find a song which was sung by a female giving her reply to the Paul Lekakis song "Boom Boom (Lets go back to my room)".  Her words in the song were something like "no no no I will not go back to your room" 

Subject: Answer tracks to Paul Lekakis, "Boom Boom" and other 80s dance tracks

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/22/12 at 5:56 pm

I love answer tracks!  There's a whole thread's worth of material in there; Paul Lekakis's "Boom Boom" wasn't the only dance track that got a response from another act, but those can wait until I get a chance to dig through the obscure stuff.

For you, here are two likely candidates.  I'm not sure if a third (this guy been looking for one with a chorus of "Bam Bam Bam (I Think I'll Stay Where I Am)" since 2008) exists.

cunbNrHftKo

"Bam, Bam, Bam, I came here to jam,
On the dance floor tonight, so you can make me feel right."

- Left Lane, Bam, Bam, Bam (I Came Here to Jam)

Or this one?

KDGzxSjeJB0

"No, no, no, Mr. Boom, boom, boom!
I don't wanna come to your room, room, room!"

- Bodyheat, No! Mr Boom Boom, which was also released as a B-side to a 12" of the original Paul Lekakis track.

Subject: Re: 80's music

Written By: yamms2 on 01/23/12 at 8:04 pm

Thanks a lot Foo Bar,

A friend had asked me to do a remix I used to play when I worked in a club.  I would mix the chorus of the Body Heat song after the chorus of the Paul Lekakais song.

Much appreciated.

yamms2

Subject: Re: 80's music

Written By: Rachel on 08/09/12 at 9:26 am

I'm trying to find a song which was sung by a female giving her reply to the Paul Lekakis song "Boom Boom (Lets go back to my room)".  Her words in the song were something like "no no no I will not go back to your room"

Hi, That's actually me singing "Bam Bam Bam, I came here to Jam".  Our group was called Left Lane.  At the time my stage name was Moon Rave (hehe, I know).  Anyway, you can still purchase them on Amazon or iTunes, I am even on Spotify.  What a trip that someone is still asking for this stuff.  Yay, you've made my day!!!!!!!  If you go to Amazon, type in Left Lane 80's dance music and I pop up right away.  OMG thank you so much!!!!!!! :D

Check for new replies or respond here...