inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need Help with an 80's song

Written By: RugbyCanada on 07/25/12 at 1:21 am

Hi Guys and Gals.

I have a song stuck in my head and can't get rid of it until I figure out what it is.  Driving me crazy for the past few days.

Its a slow song from the 80's, kinda like/similar too "Somebody" from Depeche Mode.  The only lyric I sort of remember goes something like "C'mon and take, my, hand" or "You never take, my, hand".  I put the coma in to exaggerate the slowness of the line.  :)  It's a very slow song, not "pop" in nature.

I've tried Erasure, Savage Garden, etc but just can't get the dang thing.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance.

RC

Subject: Re: Need Help with an 80's song

Written By: warped on 07/25/12 at 7:04 am

It's not "Take on me" by A-Ha  (I know it's not a slow song...but there is a long pause between: take, on, me)

or

It could be a slower song: "We've got tonight" by Bob Seger, lyircs have "Come take my hand", but it's from 1978

Written By: karen on 07/25/12 at 8:22 am

I can sort of hear a female voice singing the lyrics "come on and take my hand".  Sounds either like T'Pau or maybe Starship  :-\\

Written By: RugbyCanada on 07/25/12 at 9:06 pm

Hi Karen and Warped.  Thank you for your quick replies.

No cigar though.  ;)

Its a male singing the song, sounds very similar to the lead singer of depeche mode.  It is fairly slow.  I sing like someone smacked a frozen trout on a politician, so I wont even try.
The closest melody to it sounds similar to Adeles song "One and Only" {the live version, abourt2 minutes into the song}.

Very  frustrating lol!

Cheers guys and lasses.

RC

Written By: warped on 07/26/12 at 8:58 pm

Hi Karen and Warped.  Thank you for your quick replies.

No cigar though.  ;)

Its a male singing the song, sounds very similar to the lead singer of depeche mode.  It is fairly slow.  I sing like someone smacked a frozen trout on a politician, so I wont even try.
The closest melody to it sounds similar to Adeles song "One and Only" {the live version, abourt2 minutes into the song}.

Very  frustrating lol!

Cheers guys and lasses.

RC

Any more clues? What is the main instrument? ( piano, guitar)  Is it a band singing or just that 1 guy.
Something slow like "No one is to blame" by Howard Jones or "At this moment" (Billy Vera and the beaters)?

Written By: RugbyCanada on 07/31/12 at 5:04 pm

Its definately a guy singing.    Voice sounds like either the singer from Joy Division, New Order or Depeche Mode.

The simple piano chord/tune from this song {http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os5z7XZPXys} at 4:45 is almost identical {if not identical} to the song I am thinking of.  Ignore Adeles singing and listen to the piano, hope the tune will jog someones memory.  Adele is friggin awesome, but ignore her singing/lyrics and insert in your head the ones I was refering to earlier while you listen to the piano.

This is Driving me NUTS lol.

Cheers,

RC

Written By: Jeff80s on 05/07/13 at 12:15 am

Reap The Wild Wind by Ultravox!

Written By: Michelle on 05/28/13 at 7:31 pm

Reap The Wild Wind by Ultravox!

That is exactly what I was going to say!  8)

Reap the Wild Wind By Ultravox.....awesome song somewhat slow and the lyrics are Take my hand and give me your friendship I'll take my time and send you my slow reply take an inch and i'll make the best of it Take all you want to and leave all the rest to die.

Hope this is the song you were looking for!

Check for new replies or respond here...