inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help with an 80's music video...10 years and still looking!!

Written By: ali on 09/03/12 at 5:49 pm

So, I've spent countless hours of my adult life desperately searching the internet for a music video from my childhood. Unfortunately, my brother lent the VHS tape on which the video was recorded to an ex and it's lost...FOREVER. 

Here's the rundown.  It was recorded on a VHS tape (likely from VH1) on a copy of Shelly Duval's Three Little Pigs.  I reference this because it gives a time frame roughly between 1980-1985.  The video was set in an imaginative desert scene.  The musicians rode fake horses (mimicking rocking horses) and there were erupting volcano-like structures and fires with fake paper flames.

So that is all my brother and I can come up with.  If you have any suggestions, please pass them on.  I will eagerly follow-up on all leads provided!!! 

Thank you in advance! -Ali

Subject: Re: Help with an 80's music video...10 years and still looking!!

Written By: Doc Brown on 11/14/12 at 9:39 pm

It sounds like you're talking about the children's movie Mother Goose Rock & Rhyme, which starred Shelly Duvall as Little Bo Peep and a myriad of 80's tv and rock stars as nursery rhyme characters. Some of those were Harry Anderson(Night Court) as the Pied Piper, Cyndi Lauper & Woody Harrelson as Mary & her Little Lamb, Little Richard as Old King Cole, a very Simple (Paul) Simon, and ZZ Top as the 3 Men In A Tub.
It's probably rentable, and you may have caught a video from the soundtrack. Does this help at all?

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Check for new replies or respond here...