inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Requesting title of instrumental 1980s (?) tune...

Written By: The Valley Goth on 12/19/12 at 8:41 pm

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

I'm requesting the title of another 1980s (?) "song", except that this time, the "song" is actually a really, really cool instrumental tune that I like.  The tune can be heard here, at about 06:15 during the video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM4D9pGig04

The talent show took place during 1985, so the tune originates from 1985 (or before).  It's a synth/ techno. tune, and it once appeared (in a longer version) in a YouTube video that featured various Disney movies (1980s Disney movies), if that helps...although I don't know that it's necessarily from a Disney movie...
8)

Subject: Re: Requesting title of instrumental 1980s (?) tune...

Written By: warped on 12/19/12 at 8:45 pm

It's:  Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqG1l4lScsg

This is the extended version.

(Was also used for thr theme to Beverly Hills Cop)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4kWpi2HnPU

Written By: The Valley Goth on 12/19/12 at 10:08 pm

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

Thanks, warped.  I somehow didn't think that it was a Disney theme, and I'd forgotten that it was "Axel", even though that title had appeared on the Disney video, which has since disappeared from YouTube.
8)

Written By: warped on 12/20/12 at 12:32 pm

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

Thanks, warped.  I somehow didn't think that it was a Disney theme, and I'd forgotten that it was "Axel", even though that title had appeared on the Disney video, which has since disappeared from YouTube.
8)

You are welcome. I'm old enough to remember it being played often on the AM radio at the time, in my car.
When we got a fax machine at work (mid 80s) , and because "Axel F" is an anagram for "Le Fax", everytime I'd send a fax, the song would go through my head..lol. I probably was whistling it at the time too.  :D

Good thing youtube wasn't around then, I might have done "the dance" at 6:15 from the video you included in the first post.
Fun way to get fired  (esp if I wore that outfit..)

:D

Check for new replies or respond here...