inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help me figure out this tune from growing up in BC in the 80's!

Written By: tea4lea4 on 05/30/13 at 1:54 pm

Might be a Canadian band.  "Come on get up, get outa bed, take a (brand new?) look at the day,.....(Get right up?), enjoy yourself, every step of the way.  You gotta feel good, feel good, whoa, whoaoo, whoa. Feel good, feel good..."  I am remembering this tune on the radio while living in the Okanagan in BC.  It must be from the 80's.  I need to find it so I can play it to get my teenage boys out of bed!  Thanks! 

Subject: Re: Help me figure out this tune from growing up in BC in the 80's!

Written By: warped on 05/30/13 at 10:27 pm

Sorry, doesn't ring a bell.
For whatever reason, it reminds me of the Degrassi theme from the 80s, even though that's not it.

Written By: Teanna on 05/30/13 at 11:54 pm

Thanks!

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/31/13 at 10:48 pm

Might be a Canadian band.  "Come on get up, get outa bed, take a (brand new?) look at the day,.....(Get right up?), enjoy yourself, every step of the way.  You gotta feel good, feel good, whoa, whoaoo, whoa. Feel good, feel good..."  I am remembering this tune on the radio while living in the Okanagan in BC.  It must be from the 80's.  I need to find it so I can play it to get my teenage boys out of bed!  Thanks!

I think (but can't prove via YouTube) you're after The Hometown Band, Feel Good, Track 2 from the 1977 album.  The album was re-released in 2012 and is available direct from BC-based singer/songwriter Shari Ulrich.

Written By: warped on 06/01/13 at 7:09 am

I think (but can't prove via YouTube) you're after The Hometown Band, Feel Good, Track 2 from the 1977 album.  The album was re-released in 2012 and is available direct from BC-based singer/songwriter Shari Ulrich.

Good find Foo, I actually do remember this song now.

Written By: Claybricks on 06/02/13 at 12:59 pm

Foo Bar correctly named this song...

http://www.mp3olimp.net/hometown-band-feel-good/

Dan

Written By: tea4lea4 on 06/03/13 at 1:04 am

Thanks so much, Foo Bar!  You are awesome!  Thanks for the link, Dan.  What a relief to finally piece this song together after all these years.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...