inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need help ID'ing an old rock/pop song, possibly in Spanish or Italian

Written By: Elly on 06/30/13 at 2:46 pm

I recently started digitizing my old VHS home movies and uploading them to Flickr. Many of these movies have songs playing in the background. I've been able to identify most of them except this one... It's driving me nuts!!! I've tried everything - Google search, humming into my microphone, tapping my space bar. I suspect the song may be a foreign-language one because even though you can hear it very clearly, it's hard to make out many English phrases in it. The ones I have been able to make out ("...I'm gonna, gonna be - me, me, me...", "...the bottom is so low...", "...show me...") have turned up nothing on Google, leading me to suspect I'm just mishearing Spanish (or Italian?) words.

The song starts in the last 30 seconds of this video: http://www.flickr.com/photos/_bathroomgirl/9170791886/ and continues throughout this video: http://www.flickr.com/photos/_bathroomgirl/9170760496/

I greatly appreciate all of your help! :)

~Elly

Subject: Re: Need help ID'ing an old rock/pop song, possibly in Spanish or Italian

Written By: Henk on 07/01/13 at 5:35 am

Hello Elly! :) Nice to see you back (you have been here before, right?)

I have never heard this song before, but I recognized the singer: Toto Cutugno. It's definitely in Italian, but it's neither l'Italiano nor Insieme: 1992 (his best known songs, internationally). That's all I got (for now)...hope this helps!

Subject: Re: Need help ID'ing an old rock/pop song, possibly in Spanish or Italian

Written By: Elly on 07/01/13 at 10:12 am

Thanks a million Henk! :D

With your info I was able to find the song - "Mia" by Toto Cutugno. No way would I have been able to figure that out on my own!

I've not been on this message board before, but I am quite ubiquitous on the internet so we may have run into each other elsewhere. ;)

~Elly

Written By: Elly on 07/01/13 at 10:21 am

Correction: the song is called "Donna Donna Mia." I took the word of some guy on YouTube with that first title, heh.

I as a guest can't award you any karma points, though you certainly deserve some!

Written By: Henk on 07/01/13 at 2:02 pm

Thanks a million Henk! :D

With your info I was able to find the song - "Mia" by Toto Cutugno. No way would I have been able to figure that out on my own!

Glad I could be of help. :)

I've not been on this message board before, but I am quite ubiquitous on the internet so we may have run into each other elsewhere. ;)

~Elly

I've probably got you confused with another Elly (a.k.a. cocopup, if memory serves) then.

Written By: karen on 07/03/13 at 11:29 am

Correction: the song is called "Donna Donna Mia." I took the word of some guy on YouTube with that first title, heh.

I as a guest can't award you any karma points, though you certainly deserve some!

Got him for you

and you could always join...

Check for new replies or respond here...