inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Mm-Ma-Ma" by Crazy Loop: A double meaning?

Written By: The Valley Goth on 08/08/13 at 2:22 pm

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

The following is a YouTube music video that utilizes Crazy Loop's song "Mm-Ma-Ma"; I've been desiring Clopin lately, so if you don't like him, just scroll down, or whatev.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwp6wjeEc6M

I know for a fact that the song is about a "crazy" guy who's delivering pizzas to a party, and trying to get the attention of a girl whom he wants, but, in my opinion, the song seems to have TWO meanings!

When I listen carefully to the song, I seem to hear the Recession Era anthem of a guy who's finally given up on trying to get a job!  He's taking pictures with hot girls, spending what little dough he has left, and explaining to his exhasperated mother that he really HAS tried to find work, to no avail, all the while urging a sexy girl to go for him!  In that light, the song is slightly sad...when The Recession leaves everybody in a wasteland, there's nothing left except for camera phones and sex! 

I know that the song wasn't written, or recorded, in America, but, still, it sounds like an American, Recession Era lament.

What do you think of the song?
8)   

Subject: Re: "Mm-Ma-Ma" by Crazy Loop: A double meaning?

Written By: The Valley Goth on 08/10/13 at 3:55 am

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

The url has been repaired.  Sorry about the bad url.
8)

Check for new replies or respond here...