inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: performer differences

Written By: annimal on 11/15/15 at 3:47 pm

I have wondered about it because there's apologies to each other on Am I right with similar parodies sometimes.  Do things have to be different?  how much? Earlier today I was just listening to Sweet Dreams are made of this on Youtube  and then came back and heard another  one with, I think I want to say, faster tempo.  Yup, two performers here,  one with slower tempo and I want to abuse you I want to see what's inside of you.  The other with the faster tempo and I think the I is added to I travel.  It repeats itself a little more at the end instead of the I want to abuse you and the see what's inside of you lines.  Not too much difference between the two.

Subject: Re: performer differences

Written By: annimal on 11/17/15 at 1:24 pm

was just looking up Hanky Panky yesterday and The Raindrops did it first. Three years later another group did it and I don't think there's much difference if any.

Written By: annimal on 12/09/15 at 11:29 am

Maybe I'll say this here, I'm thinking about recording on Youtube. 

Written By: Rex on 12/14/15 at 5:53 pm

was just looking up Hanky Panky yesterday and The Raindrops did it first. Three years later another group did it and I don't think there's much difference if any.

Neil Diamond recorded a version where he deliberately kept singing lyrics out of order. If you like Hanky Panky, it's worth a listen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQHyDhcsnrE

Written By: annimal on 12/14/15 at 9:24 pm

I'll check it out.  A little while after I had posted this, I remembered that I had  C an an E harmonica and wondered if I would like to and will be able to play them at lease a little.  I don't really know how to play anything.  I found a website that said  harps are in the key of G and E harps are in the key of B. 

Check for new replies or respond here...